[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for /comfy/ tier steel toed boots I going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

File: 534534534.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
534534534.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
I'm looking for /comfy/ tier steel toed boots

I going to be standing for most of my work day so I'm fine with spending $300ish on them.

A store near me has some 3508s for $309. Should I go for it?

pic related
>>
>>1128808
Doc Martens.
>>
>>1128813

The CSA approved Docs are a lot cheaper than the red wings

How is it for comfort?
>>
>>1128815
I have had mine for 4 years and they are amazing.
>>
>>1128824
>>>1128815
>I have had mine for 4 years and they are amazing.
I'm in the UK but I'm after a pair of these, I intend to order online but figuring out if the size will fit me puts me off.
I'm a size 11 shoes, if I order 11 docs will they fit?
I know it seems like a stupid question but alot of shoes and boots vary in size, my work boots are a 12, 11's were too tight but they ain't docs.
>>
>>1128880
I'll also add that I have nowhere local where I can just go and try some on, else I'd just buy them in person.
>>
>>1128813
>>1128815
Doc Martens are a fashion meme.
There is a reason you dont see them on the jobsite.

You might have seen them being worked in the 80-90s when they werent made in china and still cost over $100 (around $300 todays money)

You are essentially buying Goodyear boots from walmart with a huge pricetag because of their popularity.
>>
>>1128808
ive had these for 10 years.
>>
>>1128808
Redwings are great.
My current pair have lasted 3 years or work.
>>
I have the red wings 2206, and I love em. Despite weighing a ton, they feel really great on your feet. 12 hours isn't a big deal.

Granted, they take like a month to break in, at least
>>
>>1128880
I haven't worm docs in 20 years, but I always have issues with shoe/boot figment based on size also (live in U.S.)- online ordering of anything for your feet is a gamble.
>>
>>1128880
I got a pair years ago and had to older a half size down. They are just fashion/motorcycle boots for me thoiugh
>>
Thanks guys.

Ended up going with the 3508s for $326

They're pretty comfy already. Breaking them in shouldn't be too bad
>>
>>1128808
I have some six inch Carolina's that aren't bad. I have inserts for them though since I have flat feet so maybe I'm not the best judge.
>>
>>1128808
I been using die hards boots they cost a 100 dollars. I do labor so anything from cement to dirt being thrown at them. On Father's Day and thanksgiving they are 50 bucks. There ok.... Been wanting to try red wings.
>>
File: thorogood.jpg (199KB, 1500x1342px) Image search: [Google]
thorogood.jpg
199KB, 1500x1342px
>meme wings
>>
Bluesteel work boots Australian made, own a pair taken them around the world with me
>>
>>1128808
Love my Danners. Never worn these specific ones but all the other stuff Danner puts out is great
http://www.danner.com/men/work/gritstone-8-brown-at.html
or 6" option if you're not into taller boots
http://www.danner.com/men/work/workman-6-brown-at.html
>>
File: ae235.jpg (15KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
ae235.jpg
15KB, 330x330px
>>1128815
Had some of these years back and the were the worst boots I've ever had. Constantly suffering with blisters and a red raw heel because of them.

I've worn pic related, dewalt bolster boots for the past 4/5 years. Cheap enough to replace every 12 months so when the soles start to go over or wear down can just get a new pair.
>>
File: 14869313690181356257153.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
14869313690181356257153.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
Still have this pair of catiplliars for 3 years now and are my everyday boots/shoe. Really comfortable to stand in but the steel toe plate doesn't match my feet well and leaves my pinky toe exposed
>>
Wolverines.
>>
Spend the cash and get fitted for a pair of White's. Best pair of boots I've ever owned, after going through countless pairs of Red Wing, Justin, and other cheap shit. They will last you a while. They are also rebuild-able.
>>
>>1129986
>I'm a faggot with a beard and I wear check shirts.
>>
>>1130003
Jealousy detected
>>
>>1129954
2nding Danners
>>
File: IMG_0288.jpg (369KB, 2703x1778px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0288.jpg
369KB, 2703x1778px
Don't know if you need the metatarsal protection, but on this specific model it is internal and it isn't really stiff, which is nice. Very confortable boots, my second year on a pair of those and the leather is still going strong. Barely any wrinkles on the part that folds.
>>
>>1130031
Jealous of what? Spending on overpriced boots? Nah man. It's cool if you wanna do that but I've had expensive boots and they're no better than mid range cheaper boots that are cheap enough to throw away without gripe.
>>
>>1130050
>darko

Why would niggers need work boots?
>>
Get a pair of Georgia Boots at tractor supply. Comfy/10
>>
>>1130093
Marketing I guess lol
>>
$
Dickies or Wolverines
$$
Carolina or Thorogood
$$$
You're spending too much on your work boots,
>>
File: Rigmaster.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Rigmaster.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
>>1128808
I wear pic related. I stand on concrete and steel floors all day, and they're the comfiest boot I've had. The rubber toe cup is a huge bonus for me because that's the first thing to wear out on my work boots. They're not the best looking though.
I've also had:
>Doc Martens (English made, not Chinese)
Painful to stand in. Granted I should have had a half size larger. Girls with a fashion sense will notice them.
>Red Wings
Depends on the model you get, but I find the soles to be hard. I get heel pain from them, but not as bad as the Docs. For looks alone, they're my favorite. Lots of little details are nicer than other boots (grommets, laces, stitching)
>Dickie's
Very flexy, not much support for heavy loads. Soles are nice and soft. Laces wear out instantly. Looks are mediocre. Comfy for walking. If you're on a budget, they're pretty good.
>Keen
Had them for a day. Slippery soles, felt really weird to walk in. They "rolled" funny with each step. Returned them.
>>
>>1129248
My foreman had been using red wings for over 20 years but now wears the die hards and I've since got them too. Red Wing boots are now made in China and are about the same quality.
>>
File: 382833_blk.png (105KB, 645x645px) Image search: [Google]
382833_blk.png
105KB, 645x645px
These are great, steel blue mining boots
>>
>>1128815
My docs split today and I haven't had them for 8 months. I wear them to work and that's it. Not worth the $150 I spent.
>>
>>1128808
Wolverine is pretty good, especially for the price. Cheaper than red wings and they're about as comfortable. Personally, I buy the CAT brand ones because fleet farm usually has them on sale right around the time I need to buy a new pair.
>>
>>1129979
>pinky toe exposed
This. Literally my only problem with caterpillar boots. And since I wear metatarsal guards, it's not a problem unless something hits the side of the bit just right.
>>
>>1129954
>>1130045
3rd for danners.
I've had my acadias for 6 years. I finally bought another pair and sent the old ones for a resole.
>>
>>1130284
There are different tiers of redwings just like everything else
100$ ones aren't going to be better than another 100$ brand
>>
>>1128808
my latest 3508s are uncomfortable as hell. iv been trying to break them in for months but they are killing my feet after a full day. i have an older pair of a slightly different style that are still doing great though

if you found them for $309 USD id keep looking as i got mine for around $280 CDN
>>
>>1128808
Red Wing, Pecos.

Easy slip on, claf high, very comfortable. I've had mine for over 3 years working in the power plant (lots of steel grating, concrete floors, gravel, limestone, coal, sloppy conditions). They hold up great. The only issue I've had is having to replace the insoles. I wore those out after a year and a half. Since then I just used Dr. Scholls insoles and they have been fantastic.
>>
File: gsg-9-2-hi.jpg (16KB, 371x395px) Image search: [Google]
gsg-9-2-hi.jpg
16KB, 371x395px
thread hijack

anyone recommend a urban/field type boot similar to pic related

flexibility for running and climbing is the major reason

the less materials the better because when you mix and match alot of materials it requires alot of seams and flexing will break them down quicker

bonus if they have speed laces and has a sealed water resistant tongue
>>
>>1130698
For purely urban boots, maybe try basketball sneakers. A good pair of high-tops have great traction on "urban" surfaces (tile, wood, concrete), ankle support, and are pretty light
>>
>>1130699
i suppose you are right

im just trying to find something more durable and securely adhered as long as a bit of comfort

something more inbetween a work boot

the reason i picked the gsg-9 is because its been tested by the german equiv to swat

they operate in similar terrian to here

mud, and woodland/hilly terrain with stones and fallen trees but there is alot of urbanization with concrete and gravel

at the same time it snows pretty bad here too with generally around -10degrees

normally work boots dont provide enough flexibility and if it were purely dense woods it would be fine but im looking for a daily wear
>>
Whites smokejumpers. Made in America, completely rebuildable, comfy as fuck.
>>
coming up on a year with my Wolverine 6" steel toe boots. carpenter here, on my feet (and knees) every day. have replaced the insoles a couple of times (can't overstate the importance of better insoles on any boot). leather is holding up very well - I oil my boots every couple of weeks. comfortable, cheap (paid somewhere around 120), can beat the shit out of them and not feel bad about it.
>>
>>1130717

oh, that reminds me. oil your fucking boots if you want your leather to last. if you're going to buy a $400 pair of Red Wings and sit behind a desk all day, please disregard.
>>
>>1130718

Friends grandfather was a logger. Had three pairs of whites smokejumpers he wore in rotation. Cleaned and oiled forst thing when he got home. Every few years had them resouled. Kept em on a boot dryer when not in use.

Three pairs lasted him 40 years.

I currently have one pair. Extreme comfort, easy to maintain. 400 up front but last forever and I am supporting american manufacturing and local boot shop for maintenaince.

My neighbor works as a bridge builder, goes through a pair of redwings a year, done much better with whites. That said its expensive to repair of you let them wear to the midsoul.
>>
File: 20170213_211442[1].jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170213_211442[1].jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Bought these for work August 2016, Lumper

Soles shit for pushing 1000lb pallets around, or on any low traction surface

I also have this problem >>1130424

Moral of story, don't think $45 dollar boots are going to get you far
>>
>>1130748
ps Paracord makes good replacement strings
>>
>>1130749

This
>>
>>1130698
Maybe the nike special field boot?
I don't own a pair, but I've heard they're really comfortable and durable
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.