[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could you . . . make a car out of four washing machines, some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: wheel one.jpg (50KB, 526x701px) Image search: [Google]
wheel one.jpg
50KB, 526x701px
Could you . . . make a car out of four washing machines, some parts and a chassis?
>>
>>1128637
Well not with an attitude like that
>>
>>1128635
if by car you mean a thingy that can roll on four wheels, then sure, but something that runs on its own or any where near a working road worthy car, no, bcos u need rubber tires
>>
>>1128643
So put tires over the washing machine rims
>>
You'd also need batteries, circuitry to drive the motors off the batteries. Probably transmissions because those motors won't have the torque to get the weight of a chassis with batteries moving. A rack and pinon for steering. ball joints and ujoints for the knuckles. leaf springs, probably more.
>>
>>1128659
Sounds like a perfectly possible operation then
>>
>>1128635
With a long enough extension lead you can op of course
You just have to make sure you pick the correct wash programme so it hits the spin cycle just as you reach the freeway
>>
Sounds like you're trying to build a Tesla.
>>
>>1128635
Possibly something more like a go-kart than a car. Even still, need a way to power it.
>>
File: Yes you can.jpg (41KB, 634x426px) Image search: [Google]
Yes you can.jpg
41KB, 634x426px
>>1128635
Ask James May
>>
File: based_dawg.png (938KB, 846x429px) Image search: [Google]
based_dawg.png
938KB, 846x429px
>>1128744
Not OP but that's absolutely amazing
Maybe it's because I'm new to /diy/ but if that is actually made using the motors from the machines then that is 100% the most beautiful work of art on earth
>>
>>1128764
It looks like it's made of washing machines. But honestly, the base it's built on looks like the same base used for a small electric scissor lift, but with the scissor and basket removed.
It'd have batteries, motors, brakes, and steering. Attach the drums to the rubber wheels, make a cockpit out of gutted out washers, use the remote control that was mounted to the basket to control it.
>>
>>1128744
Well shit
>>
>>1128659
If you used direct drive washers they have permanent magnet rotors with a three phase wound stator using an inverter circuit to contro direction and speed... could probably figure out a wheel directly off that if you kept the overall weight down.... also don't bother with batteries.. buy the lightest gas generator that will reasonably power all 4 motors...
>>
>>1128635
only if you have an adequate supply of tape
>>
>>1128639
>>1128644
>>1128662
Sounds like you want the answer to be yes. Don't let your dreams be dreams kiddo
>>
youd need alow of tools including welding equiptment and leveraging/hoists to manuever

you would also need a shit load of batteries and a way to charge them

the wheels would be very low torque and high rpm which is shitty for your purpose

you could make something akin to a gokart but only onroad because it would be directly connected to the wheel instead of a transmission converter to a axel and would be super fragile from vertical force on the z axis
>>
>>1128635
I'm sure you could, but it's not something I would recommend. The electric engines of these washing machines run on high voltage and are therefore very dangerous. Not to mention you'd need a huge battery or generator to get the required energy to run them. So all in all it's possible, but not very practical.
>>
How strong is a motor in a washing machine exactly?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.