[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /diy/ think of this old house? Favorite cast member?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: This_Old_House.png (34KB, 1280x351px) Image search: [Google]
This_Old_House.png
34KB, 1280x351px
What does /diy/ think of this old house? Favorite cast member? Did they teach you a lot?
>>
>>1128300
They're fine chaps, pretty boring if you have no interest of carpentry.
>>
>>1128300
all the decor and style garbage is ruining the show

>yeah, lets waste 10 minutes talking about how these two shades of paint are slightly different

and adding a chick when roger has the garden stuff covered is just pointless
>>
I enjoy watching them. No favorites but I wish they would show off more down to earth/affordable Tech sometimes. I remember them installing an air bladder controlled hvac damper system. I'd still love to afford one of them.
>>
>>1128328
They get sponsored to show a bunch of new shit so they have to do new expensive stuff. Like that useless auto mower that costs $6000.
>>
File: 1483885625964.gif (2MB, 260x196px) Image search: [Google]
1483885625964.gif
2MB, 260x196px
>>1128300
favorite - silva & norm - lots of shortcuts for making shit fit right

annoying - trethewey - 'lets tear out all this plumbing and hvac shit and install the most expensive highest tech shit money can buy'
>>
>>1128338
Richard is pretty cool though. He's saved my ass a few times. I don't think that the homeowner pays for all of the shit they show I'm sure that the company showing the stuff pays for some if not most of it as it is advertised.
>>
I remember watching the show with my dad a lot when I was younger
It was like being raised by multiple other dads teaching you stuff about carpentry
>>
>>1128340
hes much better on 'ask this old house'
so is the gardener guy
>>
File: this_old_house_cast.jpg (1MB, 3067x1967px) Image search: [Google]
this_old_house_cast.jpg
1MB, 3067x1967px
>>1128345
Well for the house builds they do the homeowner pays for it all and says what they want in the end. Mostly radiant heat and high velocity air are his memes if you will but they are all million dollar homes so that makes it different.
>>
>>1128348
Radiant heat is best heat. Forced hot air is the meme.
>>
File: p186264_b_v8_ad.jpg (105KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p186264_b_v8_ad.jpg
105KB, 960x1440px
BEST DIY SHOW COMING THROUGH
>>
>>1128342
This
I couldn't put it better myself, I know its been on for longer than ive been around, but I'm surprised to find its still going. Glad these guys are still doing their dad jokes and playing with tools
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJIZ13ehjzo
>>
I found this show on YouTube a while ago. I enjoy the watching old episodes.

Beats the shit out of that Home network renovation garbage.

My main interest is carpentry and I find zero enjoyment in plumbing but Richard is still my favorite.
>>
>>1128352
Radiant heat is shit if you don't have a boiler or a tankless water heater. My parents finally got a tankless and the winters of 55 degree bedrooms are over. Electric bill went down too. Only house that is cheaper to run then theirs is one with solar panels on the roof and wood stove.
>>
>>1128364
Second. Every episode is like watching Mr rogers on meth while he visits norm abrams
>>
>>1128364
>dumb meme man pretends he's dumb so dumb viewers can learn something dumb
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.