[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know any companies that do reasonably priced las

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: possible.jpg (118KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
possible.jpg
118KB, 800x450px
Does anyone know any companies that do reasonably priced laser cutting I want to laser cut a 78 rpm record

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti7KccPLyFg

and if so would it be feasible to even cast it in silicon and retain any audio fidelity at all
>>
>>1127378
When will this meme die

RECORDS ARE NOT AND HAVE NEVER BEEN HIGH FIDELITY

You cannot cut rapid changes in audio on a record, everything becomes smoothed out. Go with a fucking cd or a good quality FLAC playing mp3 player if you want high fidelity
>>
>>1127487

The reason I asked for a 78 wasn't for hugh fidelity from the start but the ability to process audio with no use of electricity
>>
>>1127487

>RECORDS ARE NOT AND HAVE NEVER BEEN HIGH FIDELITY
>>
>>1127496

...then why do you want it laser cut (arguably the highest-tech cutting tool that exists) instead of made on an actual record cutting machine? It won't even do nearly as good of a job. And you'll have difficulty finding anyone to do this, other than some random hobbyist willing to experiment. No shop with a laser cutter is going to have it set up to have the laser power modulated by an audio input, and no place that cuts records professionally is going to have a laser cutter to do it because it's shit for making records.
>>
>>1127378
ITT: OP didn't Google how to make vinyl and now is btfo
>>
>>1127645
You mean cutting a laquer disk, spraying silver on it and electroplate it

The entire process is impossible to do on a budget of 150$

and sellers only produce records that are microgrooved so playing them on any acoustic system would destroy them even if casted in a durable resin
>>
>>1127651
150usd?
seems feasible.
Just make a Lathe, cut the god damn disc in wax and then cast it with silicon and epoxy.
>>
>>1127651
That's how they do it for mass production, not for small production.

Get a wax blank, get an analog record player, speak down the horn while it runs

Actually much older record players tend to have record functions
>>
>>1127487
sorry you bought a crosley, you shullda listened to /mu/
>>
>>1127888
.....this is such outrageous bait i think I'm going to have an aneurysm
>>
>>1127378
You can do it:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Laser-Cut-Record/
it will sound like absolute trash though.

Ponoko is decently cheap for laser cutting.
>>1127606
>> laser power modulated by an audio input
see above. You don't modulate laser power, you change how deep the laser cuts to. The result sounds like shit though.

>>1127651
OP might be able to lasercut a record that's absolutely crap for less than $150 on ponoko
>>
>>1127925
>you change how deep the laser cuts to

And, how, jackass, do you think you do that?

Modulate the god damned output of the laser.

Either way, we're both wrong.

The grooves in these are cut laterally; the needle moves left and right, not up and down.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Playable-Laser-Cut-Gramophone-Record-from-B/

This is much more doable. If you can generate the actual file, even a cheap laser engraver could manage. Should be easy enough to find some hackerspace or whatever and pay someone a burrito or something to set it up for you.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.