[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting a pooch pretty soon. I want to build a dog house

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

I'm getting a pooch pretty soon. I want to build a dog house for him to leave him in the back when I'm not home, but I live near hell and it gets retarded hot in the day. Are there any tiny air conditioners you can score for cheap? I was looking at electrical cabinet ACs but holy dick they have a 1/10th the cooling capacity of a regular window AC and cost 6x as much.
>>
why not just install a window AC unit in the dog house then?
Or better yet, not leave them outside. Dogs dont demolish houses if you raise them right.
>>
>>1127285
This right here.

Either look into a mini-split AC, use a window unit built into the side, in both cases expect your electric bill to increase significantly.

Or train your dog well, exercise him regularly and set schedules, then leave him in the house which should be programmed to stay around 78F until you get home.
>>
>>1127270
Dogs are pretty tough, if they've got enough shade and water they're fine
>>
>>1127296
This.

Just don't get a breed that isn't suited to your climate just cause "omg huskies are so adorable!"
>>
Its a fucking dumb dog not a stupid kid...kys
>>
>>1127293
>...exercise him regularly...
Watching all the dog whisperer and other bad dog shows this is the issue 99% of the time. The other 1% are fucking betas being dominated by their mut.
>>
>>1127270
just make a waterspray or something, it will do the jov just fine.
>>
>>1127270
You should teach the dog to drive a car instead, then it can just hop in the car and pop on the ac real quick like a normal person.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyspa4K7Fes
>>
Get a cheep kiddie pool
>>
>>1127270
uh... so why not just a regular window AC?
>>
>>1127270

If you're not leaving him inside due to concerns about what he might get up to, look into crate training instead.

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/dogs/tips/crate_training.html

Cheaper than a dog house, don't have to worry about overheating (or someone fucking with your pooch).
>>
>>1127270
Yup OP. Get a small new window ac and make sure u clean the filter a lot from dog hair. 2 proud puppers with outside capacity in rain snow or ice if they irritate me. Wired or wireless outdoor thermometer will let u check temps all u want.
>>
>>1127270
Props for not being a shit doggy dad like all the neighborhood barking dogs i see in the snow daily
>>
>>1127270
If you can't properly care for a living thing you should not get living thing.
>>
>>1127552
Ok cunt lets just leave them in the elements like 90% of the other dogs.
>>
>>1127494
Crate training is the basis of all discipline for your dog. It also gives him a personal space that is familiar no matter where you are. If you don't crate train you're mildly retarded.
>>
>>1127296
FUCKING THIS.

Btw, that house is clearly nice constructed, but closed as fuck... Jesus. The house of my dog has an small iron gate 3 times bigger than this door.

Try to solve these issues first, anon. And forget the AC ideia.
>>
As other intelligent posters say

>Shade
>Water
>No frozen wasteland breeds

I would not suggest sticking it in a small box with an a/c as the beast would be shivering to death at 25C or if the a/c decides to shutdown while you're gone (accidently hit timer or a fault) then it will roast to death
>>
>>1127270
A shade (exposed back porch?)
A water dish
A $20 box fan
>>
>>1127270
AC isnt going to do shit besides cost you a lot plus having a dog house built that can keep the temp down.

A normal dog house is built like a shed, not a house. If you do build it semi house like you are going to spend a bit more.

Best thing you can do to keep your dog cool in the summer is put in a fan or two to move air around. You can buy small box fans and have them mounted inside and use vent covers on the outside of the dog house to allow air to move in and out.
>>
>>1127270
well since no one else has suggested,
do semi geothermal instead of ac.
Dig in the inside of the doghouse abt 3 ft, have a nice roof, dog will be nice and cool @ thermal sink.
>>
File: smug rustler (classic).png (287KB, 405x412px) Image search: [Google]
smug rustler (classic).png
287KB, 405x412px
My uncle did that once. he just stuck a tube to the houses own AC and cut a whole on the wall.
>>
>>1127863
and make a sign that says "flea pit" or "dog swamp" depending on whether the whole fills with water.
>>
>>1127863
This. A big ass slab of concrete in the shade will do wonders.
>>
>>1127745
IF YOU CAN'T CARE FOR A DOG, OR DON'T HAVE TIME FOR ONE, DON'T GET ONE. CUNT.
>>
Either train him to be alone in your house. Get a big crate for puppyhood then graduate him out of it. -- or have a good sized fenced area. But in the city, if he's a barker, you'll end up having to keep him in the house anyway. And they're all barkers, pretty much.
>>
>>1128705
this
>>
>>1128705
But I don't want niggers in my yard when I'm at work.
>>
>>1130581
get a gun then,
>>
>>1130638
>when I'm at work
how will a gun help when you're not there to use it
>>
>>1130644
Leave it dangling in a tree, and place a minefield around it.
>>
>>1127270
Dogs are used to temps going up and down, just make sure it has access to water and shade it's kennel area a little, no need for AC unless you live in a desert extreme heat area, and I mean super fucking hot.
>>
>>1130644
Build an auto-turret.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ygFeywrvjc
>>
>>1130581
niggers will just kill your dog if there's something in your yard they want
>>
File: Untitled.png (32KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
32KB, 800x600px
>>1127270
Build walls and roof like this. Paint it white for good measure.
>>
Unrelated, but would it be feasible to teach a dog to become the bull in me and my wife's cuck relationship?
>>
>>1127293
Your electric bill won't go up very much from a window unit running 6 hours a day. My garage unit costs .07 cents an hour. only runs about 3 hours a day. 6 bucks a month isn't shit
>>
>>1127270
Dogs dont need ac you sound like a first time dog owner. Build yourself a regular insulated doghouse. Build it with enough overhang on the roof for him to be able to lie down with his bucket (yes, i said bucket, big dogs drink lots) of water and food. If you wanna go epic the put a small circular windows in the eves of the roof front and back where you can slide a piece of plywood in there to close it. Leave these open all year, except winter

Also, put the doghouse somewhere it gets shade/protection from the elements. Backed up against the house or fence or a big tree. Had my old doghouse under an apple tree. Rain or snow my dog would be outside hanging out on her front porch.
>>
>>1127285
Not true. Ive had many dogs in my day. They were all fine when i left the house, the boxer i have now... not so much. Shes perfectly well behaved, until i leave the house for more than 10 minutes and she starts just wrecking shit that she is fully aware she shouldnt be fucking with. I get home and i dont even have to yell at her and she is already slinking away to her kennel with her head down. Some dogs are just incapable of being alone.
>>
those dog house acs are good for RV projects too.

but I've had pitbulls in the heat of the florida summer and the cold of the rocky mountain winters and he's always got a smile on.

Dogs are tough can if you give them fresh hay in their doghouses they'll sit and be fine. Keep in mind the climates that wolves and sleddogs survive in. Make sure their water doesn't freeze and they're fine up to -15.

In the summer just make sure they have shade and a big tub of clean water and they're okay.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.