[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking help me /diy/. I am not a regular here. I barely come

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 19

Fucking help me /diy/. I am not a regular here. I barely come here to ask questions, but i need you're help.

I live with my parents (no job lol :( ) in a small fucking apartment and i like to stay up all night, while my folks have super ears and trouble sleeping at night. This limits my nightly activities (since i also play the guitar) and my pops productivity at day. I asked about sound blocking my room but i had been told that the materials that actually sound block are expensive as fuck, and that the most cost efficient way to sound block would be to just get a bigger house.

Is there anything i can do? any cheap materials? any home materials? The walls are made out of concrete but rather a thin layer.
>>
>>1126796
nope.
>>
we have this question on a regular basis, and the answer is always NO unless you do some major removations.
>>
Quit being a NEET and get a job you degenerate
>>
>>1126799
Who said that i didn't try? i am trying literally from fast food chains to hardware stores and anything i can find close to my house in a 15 block radious. I've been trying to get a job for pretty much 2 years and sent around 80 resumes maybe on the internet alone.
>>
>>1126796

Only decent insulation is room within a room.

http://www.soundproofing101.com/wall_soundproofing.htm

Wood for framing is dirt cheap, silicone caulk is dirt cheap and drywall is dirt cheap. For the floor instead of two layers of drywall use OSB-drywall-OSB, but same idea.

Lot of work, but the materials are as cheap as it's going to get. Or you could sleep during the night.
>>
>>1126805
So the TL;DR its "you will need a major rework of your apartment's walls to make them more soundblocking?

I mean, its nice to know, but i DO live in an apartment that's not mine. And its not the higher floors where the limits on what i can do are high.
>>
>>1126808

It's not necessarily rework, you could make something floating and/or free standing instead of attaching it to the wall with screws.

If the coupling through the floor/ceiling/other walls is small enough you might even get decent results insulating only one wall.

What you can't do is hang some rugs and expect good results, which is probably what you want to hear. Not that it can't work ... but you'll need a lot of rugs and they are a lot more expensive than 2x4, drywall and caulk.
>>
>>1126820
My room is sadly not big enough to cut it with small sound-blocking walls.

Oh well, thanks anyways, anon.
>>
>help me, I'm a degenerate who wants to stay at home playing guitar all night

Just get a job and move out or play guitar during the day.
>>
Get some headphones if you want to jam at night
>>
>>1126831
I dont even use the amp. I leave it off and play the electric guitar alone and i still wake my pops up.
>>
>>1126832

Then go to sleep at a normal time, maybe then you'll get up early enough to apply for more than one job a month.
>>
>>1126834
I never had a job period. Never even got called for an interview.
>>
>>1126836

Then get a damn job.
>>
>>1126836
you aint gonna get a job flooding the internet with your empty resume twice a month, this from the comfort of your bedroom while your poor sleep-robbed parents debate whether or not dropping their little nocturnal Jimi Hendrix snowflake on his fucking head from a great height may actually offer them some glimmer of improvement in their miserable existence, or at least, brief respite from your shitty guitar playing.

You depressed anon, now get off your fucking arse TODAY and go to McDs, ask to speak to the manager, tell him, you dont have much in the way of experience etc, but, you'd sure appreciate a chance. If you dont like it? NO FUCKING PROBLEMO, move on after a few weeks, or quit - but fuck, you at least then tried, for once, if only for the sake of your parents. Real Lifeā„¢ - its not that bad either.
>>
>>1126845
Not only this, if you really can't find a job, then do some volunteer work.
>>
File: Egg Crate Foam.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Egg Crate Foam.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1126796
Egg cartons work as acoustic tiles. Ask around at restaurants. paint them organized into pattern glue them to the wall
>>
>>1126983
Overlap the edges.
>>
>>1126983
While you are at the restaurant also ask for a job.
>>
>>1126845
What makes you think i didn't try already? no McD nor BK took me. And yes. I am depressed. No matter where i look at or how i try i cannot find a job. No matter who i ask or if i get someone i know to help me i cannot find one. Not a "i dont like it so i didn't took it" but just "i cant find one".

>>1126954
Volunteer work? that actually might help.
>>
>>1126983
Isn't that to block the echo instead of block the sound itself?
>>
>>1127044
Maybe you should have started a "how do I get a job" thread instead. I'd love to have a look at you to see why on earth Mcds and BK won't hire you. Sounds sketchy as fuck OP.

Oh. And the egg cartons won't really do shit.
>>
>>1127067
Maybe its just my country in its shitty economic state, anon.

A friend of mine had to lie about having experience to get a job as a dish washer in a low end restaurant.
>>
>>1127045

Yes, he is retarded.
>>
>>1127077

Well you found your solution. Just lie to get an entry level job. Once you have your food in the door, work your ass off to move up the ladder.
>>
>>1127083
Well, i was rather adamant about lying, but ok.
>>
>>1127077
You're not in the US... That makes a little more sense. I slightly retract my sketchy comment now. Good luck anon. Invest in headphones for your amp, because you are not going to soundproof your room enough to play guitar... Don't tell me -- acoustic, isn't it? You in Spain, playing flamenco at all hours of the night? Hell, there's your job, OP.
>>
>>1127084

Look at it this way: if it weren't for your parents, you would literally be starving right now. If a white lie can prevent a scenario that is life threatening, then you have every excuse to lie. It's not as though you are lying to get a job that is outside your abilities, you are just trying to get an entry level position.
>>
File: 1476929770017.gif (1B, 486x500px)
1476929770017.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>1127086
HAHA.

No. Southamerica with a Stratocaster. I do have a jack adapter so that i can use my PC headphones. But like i said, just the strings on air will wake my parents up.

Its a shame really, at first i was just bored but now i am really fucking stressed to find a job. Parents say that they are asking everywhere and there's nothing they can do or no one they can ask. Friends say the same. Extended family says the same. Supposedly we are in an economic fuckhole but i still feel that there's something i am missing. Somewhere i haven't asked yet. Something I can do.
>>
>>1126988
underrated comment
>>
>>1127044
Being depressed and unemployed is no fun, but the positive thing is you know exactly what to do now:
- Don't stay up all night
- Don't waste your time on 4chan
- Carry on searching for a job
- If it really isn't possible to find a job, maybe because of the shitty economics in your country consider the following:
- Get some qualification
- Search for other ways to earn some money

The last two points sound maybe naive, but even some shitty online course can give you a reason to get up in the morning and back in the bed, when it is dark.
Maybe you could learn to repair smartphones or something like this. When my cousin was a student, he earned some extra bucks with repairing things he bought from ebay.
>>
>>1126988
first lmao moment on /diy/ in a while :D
>>
>>1127122
Plus try some therapy. Depression is shit but maybe it can be easily cured. Your break your ribs you go to a body doctor, you break your mind and a mind doctor won't hurt at all.
>>
Egg cartons and towels hung on the wall will stop reflection, but not transmission. The only way to stop sound transmission properly is room within a room
>>
Tell your dad to get some earplugs, ffs
>>
File: 1486099358517.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1486099358517.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1126801
No you havent, we arent your parents that lie doesnt matter here. Everyone knows youre just a lazy fuck and enjoying your free ride as long as you can. I dont blame you i did it for a while myself in my early 20, but it also but my life on a slow track to success. Stop being a whiner and really put some effort into getting a job, be polite and leave your edgy opinions at home. If you really have applied and have no contact at all you are doing something wrong. Try a temp agency.
>>
>>1127227
Ok dude, i forgot you know me better than i do.
>>
>>1127632

Here's a solurion: get a job and stop aggravating your parents. You're lucky they haven't tossed you out yet.
>>
>>1127721
Why do you assume that if i cant get a job its because i dont want to?
>>
>>1127723

Because you don't have a job and you're staying up all night playing guitar. Go get a job.
>>
>>1127723
YOu been told, go fucking volunteer for something at least - and dont come back 'ere and say, you cant find anything to volunteer for, you useless fuck. Where you live (approx)? - soon you find something suitable OP, no worries ;)

Why, when I was a third of your age, I had to clean chimmnies with my head - your poor parents, lazing about all bloody night with Bongs and Guitars and whatever the fuck, its Not Bloody Well On, issit?
>>
File: 4x4-gold-vocal-booth.jpg (55KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
4x4-gold-vocal-booth.jpg
55KB, 421x500px
>>1126796
what about building a soundbooth from MDF and som isolation?
>>
>>1127726
>Because you don't have a job and you're staying up all night playing guitar. Go get a job.
I am playing guitar at night because i dont have a job. Not the other way around

>>1127729
I said that i will start looking into volunteer work. Although i dont think that this place is filled with that kind of job. I have gone into several places asking to work for free and they still told me no.

I live in southamerica. Argentina to be precise.

My grandpa got a job at 10 years old. My dad got his first job at 14 and me in my 21 i feel bad for not getting a job but i DO fucking try. I still cant.
>>
>>1127743
>Argentina to be precise.
oy vey - but, nevermind.

Ive decided, you gonna be a PR/Communications Expert - basically, you just talk shite all day, you obv. plenty qualifed, trust me.
>https://www.voluntarioglobal.org/en/volunteer-opportunities/writing-communications/item/670-communications-position-in-ngo
Noiw, your gonna read that, and, youre gonna apply for that - even if you dont actually do it, its still good practice for those otherwise in lethargic stupor. And if you aint applying? you better have a damn good reason why, because personally, I see none - they give you free accommodation, you get to meet cuties to inflict your guitar skillz on, etc. And it gives you something for your otherwise empty CV - what you waiting for?
>>
>>1126801
you're only applying for jobs within a 15 block radious of your house? there are lots of things wrong with that statement
>>
>>1127084
>Well, i was rather adamant about lying
being adamant about things is a privilege reserved for people who have accomplished anything ever
>>
File: 1484924455174-pol.jpg (40KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484924455174-pol.jpg
40KB, 450x600px
>>1126801
>80 resumes in two years
What about you so completely turns off potential employers
>>
>>1127755
I live in a big city. You think i should expand anyways?
>>
>>1127757
The lack of experience i think.
>>
holy fuck if youre going to be a recluse get some skills or something maybe pursuit guitar or something. sound proofing only absorbs the sound as to stop echo, it wont silence the room at all
>>
>>1127814
Not OP but do you even fucking read?
>>
>>1127815
not op but what do you mean
>>
>>1126983
That's to stop reflection. Entirely different effect he's after.
>>
>>1127841
Well if he could redirect it to away from his daddy's sleeping ears it might be a plus. It would at least show an effort on his behalf.
>>
>>1127721
>You're lucky they haven't tossed you out yet.
They love me enough to not throw me into the streets if i cant survive and they are very well aware that i am trying my best to get a job.
>>
>>1127874
>Well if he could redirect it to away from his daddy's sleeping ears it might be a plus
that's not how it works.
>>
46yo UK based employment adviser here with 9 years experience helping NEETs get jobs.

First off, you don't need structural engineering, you need social engineering.

You can't get paid work because you have no experience. You can't get experience because you can't get paid work. So step out of that vicious circle and do something different.

1) stop staying up all night. Adjust your routine to that of a normal fucking human being and your noise problem goes away.

2) do some voluntary work. It gives you experience, skills, and references. The three things ALL employers want.

3) once you've got that, get a professionally written CV put together concentrating on your transferrable skills, and how you're keen and willing to learn and will reward any employer who gives you a chance with a lifetime of hard work and dedication.

4) leave the fucking house every day. Get up, get showered, take care of your appearance. Dress like you're ready to work. Go visit employers in the area early in the day because that shows you are keen. Offer to work trial shifts or volunteer with them to show them you're the best worker they've never met.

5) learn new shit. Want to work in the food industry? Take food safety training. Customer service? Take a course in it. If you're not earning you should be learning.

Sounds hard? Of course it fucking is. Looking for work is a full time job. So sort your shit out, stop waiting for life to come knocking on your door, and go grab life by the bollocks and squeeze it.
>>
>>1128449
>2)
Was planning on trying that next week
>3)
I already have a professional CV (at least i THINK its professional enough) I dont know if the extra note about how good i am and how much i want to learn its a good idea tho. Some people say it is but some others say its gonna make it a slog to read through.
>4)
That's a new suggestion to me. Sounds interesting. Although i have already trail shifts. No dice. Hell. Every place i've gone to i first offered to work for free.
>5)
I am already taking a 3 year car mechanic course and i can learn from my dad how to cook. Was thinking about finding a place to learn german and blacksmithery.
>>
>>1128455
Good man, you've covered a lot of these points already.

Re the CV, a professional well written tailored CV outlining your skills, attributes and employability will be getting you interviews. If you're not getting interviews, your CV is no good. Google some CV layouts to follow, and yes you should absolutely be putting in it that you are keen to work and learn new skills.
>>
>>1128457
Will keep that on mind. I am skipping on the CV tho unless you know perfect spanish.

Still, i wouldn't blame it on the resume. My country is going through an economic crisis anyways.
>>
>>1128459
>My country is going through an economic crisis anyways.
In other words, you need to advertise yourself even better than normally. Also, "it's someone else's fault" will get you absolutely nowhere.
>>
>>1128465
Not the first time that i keep hearing "its no one's fault but yours" but that doesn't help much when its advise from people in first world countries and i live in an overpopulated shithole.
>>
>>1128465
Not OP but that's bullshit.

Not every country has a stable fucking economy and its all OP's fault.
>>
>>1128493
Not who you replying to either, but, his posts 100% legit. OP has a very obvious 'imma butta poor victim of circumstance' mentality -its his location, his century of birth, the neighbors dog fault, everyone and thing but him. No-one has till now (surprisingly) had a real go at OP for being a lazy useles faggot, its mostly been helpful. And OP needs to recognise, a change in his own self-defeating attitude is needed, because, tomorrow, and every other day, he gonna wake up in the exact same place otherwise, both mentally and geographically.
>>
>>1128509
OP here pal. I dont know how to convince you that i have been trying quite hard to get a job but if your entire idea is "if you dont get a job is because you cant find it" its because you dont travel much.
>>
Put mattresses against the walls. Cut open couch cushions and cut the foam out and tape the foam over doors and windows
>>
>>1128510
You stay up all night...

You need to do like everybody that has a job does and go to bed. And when you're awake late put the guitar away and lie there and stare at the ceiling and think hard about where you are in life and just let that dread wash over you. Then you wake up in the morning drink some coffee and get to work improving your situation.
>>
>>1127760
x doubt you can get a job in retailers, hardware stores, fastfood chains with literally 0 experience- that's the kind of people they hire on a regular basis.
>>
>>1126796
IF you suspend a heavy carpet from the ceiling, think 100 lbm for 12'x16', and keep it an inch or so off the wall it will do quite a bit of good.
The other thing you can do is put a fan in your parents room, if they leave it on when they sleep it should reduce their ability to detect ambient noise a few dB.
>>
>>1128585
Well too fucking bad. They tell me that they dont need anyone at the moment

>>1128696
Not a chance. My old man has issues with cold air. He has to sleep with no fan and no AC. Even on summer.
>>
>>1126801
Go to a temp agency and take advantage of anything your state's labor department offers like resume workshops etc
>>
>>1128455
Blacksmithing is some cool shit, anon. I'm starting a sort "apprenticeship" with a retired blacksmith this summer, ask around and see if you can't find something similar, this dude is my aunts neighbor. Maybe ask your friends/family to ask their friends/family about it
>>
>>1129328
No one i know knows jack shit about blacksmithery. Its gonna be hard for me to learn without enrolling in a course. However i am both wanting to learn because medieval shit and because being a mechanic has a lot to do with dealing with metals and shit.
>>
Put a white noise machine in the fucking hall.

It doesn't have to blast white noise, a lot of them have airplane cabin sounds (surprisingly cozy) and various ambient background sounds. My personal favorite is windmill turbine ambience.

Also, get a job.
>>
>>1126801
You can at least start making a few hundred dollars per week by walking into a temp agency. Those places hire literally anybody off the street.
>>
Here's what you need for good sound proofing.
> High impedance material to reflect sound waves
> An air gap between 2 walls. Think of it like double glazing.
> The two walls to be of differing thickness to prevent resonance
> Ensure the walls aren't anchored to the same posts to prevent transmission through the post.
>>
>>1129626
i am not very well aware where i can find one nearby but i will start looking for one.
>>
Not OP but have similar problem so it`d be nice if thread stayed on topic
> Rent room
> Very thin wall separating my room from neighbors
> Can hear him talking on the phone every night sometimes for hours
> Cant sleep
Its not like he`s loud or something but the building is from 70s and I can hear every word.

>>1129631
How thick something like that would be?
Room I got is quite small.
>>
>>1129695
Not that poster, but you don't need it to be thick at all if you're wanting to use reflections as the primary way of reducing noise (thickness is only relevant if you're using the material for attenuation, not reflection). The resonance bit he mentioned is not likely something to worry about. The air gap thickness between the barrier you put up and the shared wall will really determine this.
>>
>>1127757
my girlfriend pushed our 80 resumes within a month...

she did have a job with above average pay lined up within that month and turned down two offers

80 resume's in 2 years, 15 blocks from your home, dude get your life on the rails because you are just lying to yourself. Also maybe ask some people to have a look at that resume of yours, i had a friend who kept getting denied till me and some friends wrote his damn resume for him because he is horrible at writing
>>
>>1128455
>I already have a professional CV (at least i THINK its professional enough)

if you didn't get invited at least once with 80 submissions something is wrong, you must know at least someone who does a lot of hiring, ask that person to check it for you
>>
>>1128469
stop blaming the economy, if you only submitted 80 resumes in 2 years you are not putting in much effort. you should be able to submit at least two a day.

if not roughly 1/20 gets you invited for a quick talk something is wrong, even in a country where the economy is fucked up 80 resumes and not a single interview means that something is wrong
>>
>>1130312
already did but will keep doing.

There are a lot of things that could go wrong more than a resume.

>>1130310
>>1130314
is really 2 a day what i should be doing? Yes. I GOT a single interview, however i both couldn't have the job, was a shitty job that i wouldn't want (yes, it was THAT bad that even me being desperate couldn't take it) and even if i did i was unable to contact them again.
>>
Where are you applying at, OP? Only fast food chains?

Look around for tradespeople. At like 7:30 in they morning they usually start the day either on-site or at their shop. Show up, tell them you wanna do a couple of weeks (unpaid) internship and maybe develop that into a apprenticeship. They'll most likely tell you to be there the next day at the same time, and you will do that.
>>
>>1130371
I have to ask a mechanic close by the 20th if i can do something unpaid for him as a first thing. However i dont keep my hopes up. The big issue is that sometimes you cant tell here which place is a living house and which one is a business. They are pretty hidden unless you know them. Not a shady thing, just a logistics thing, some places are allowed to go to cheaper living houses to start their shit.
>>
>>1130362
For what you are looking for all you need is a basic resume, how hard can it be to drop off a few every day?

it's not like you are looking for a high end job where you really need to tailor your resume to the job. (which takes time)

I don't know if your area/country has sites with job offers but if it has start using it. that is how you can spread that resume of yours pretty quickly. I just checked for my local area and within a few minutes i found: cashier at the local home improvement store, unpacking shit in a supermarket, some kind of job where you have to read written text and type it out, sales person for electronics store.

4 jobs found within a few minutes, all require basically that you are not a total moron and look somewhat decent.

If that kind of stuff doesn't exist in argentina you should start asking neighbours and everybody around you for places where they might need someone.

if you are jobless your FULL TIME job is to look for jobs, do't try for five minutes every other day, try it from 9 till 5

It all may sound pretty harsh what people tell you here but this is just the truth without sugarcoating it. really go for it, it may suck in the beginning but when shit starts to work out for you you'll look back to this period of your life and realize how much it sucked
>>
File: ohropax_wax_earplugs.jpg (8KB, 277x196px) Image search: [Google]
ohropax_wax_earplugs.jpg
8KB, 277x196px
Tell your parents to wear earplugs while they sleep.
The wax ones, not those shitty foam ones.
You want at least 25db volume reduction
>>
>>1130379
>If that kind of stuff doesn't exist in argentina you should start asking neighbours and everybody around you for places where they might need someone.
btdt

>if you are jobless your FULL TIME job is to look for jobs, do't try for five minutes every other day, try it from 9 till 5
Actually good advise. Will start.

>I don't know if your area/country has sites with job offers but if it has start using it. that is how you can spread that resume of yours pretty quickly. I just checked for my local area and within a few minutes i found: cashier at the local home improvement store, unpacking shit in a supermarket, some kind of job where you have to read written text and type it out, sales person for electronics store.
btdt. Even applied for cashiers in super markets. They didn't took me. Either they have too many guys offering jobs or i am somehow underqualified.

>it's not like you are looking for a high end job where you really need to tailor your resume to the job. (which takes time)
I just avoid posting for jobs where they require experience, which throws down the number of job offers a lot.

>It all may sound pretty harsh what people tell you here but this is just the truth without sugarcoating it.

i am not mad about that. I am mad that everybody that lives in first world countries like to assume that its my fault and that getting a job everywhere in the world regardless of geography or people living around its just as easy. Yes i could work harder to find a job and i will do so, but a lot of people like to think "meh, you live in a 3rd world country shithole with a downspiralling economy in which nobody is willing to hire, but its an excuse for you to say that you aren't looking hard enough.
>>
>>1130381

Life is hard everywhere, faggot. We understand if you couldn't afford to live on your own, but it's unforgivable to not even have a job or be working towards a future goal.
>>
>>1130381
>I am mad that everybody that lives in first world countries
we have the same problems over here mate it's not that much worse in shithole countries

you know, you don't have to be a perfect fit for a job, so maybe do apply to the jobs that only require minor experience. if you meet 9/10 things that they request you are good to give it a try

really hope that you make it
>>
>>1130389
>we have the same problems over here mate it's not that much worse in shithole countries
Yes. Getting a first job everywhere sucks. But some places are harder than others.

There are a LOT of places where i would have to work 20 times as hard just to get an internship. And there are places where i could get a job in my first try.

Thanks. I hope i make it too. Raining monday but will go out to find more places to post.
>>
>>1130396
spray and pray is your best bet (not the way mexican cartels do it)
>>
>>1130401
nah. That would end up with a helicopter minigun making me full of holes
>>
>>1130403
your cops have helicopters with miniguns... AWESOME!!!
>>
>>1130406
what? no. I was joking what happened in mexico. In my country cops give criminals guns and armor in exchange for a part of the money they steal.
>>
>>1126801
>I've been trying to get a job for pretty much 2 years

No one wants to hear your shitty lies, we aren't your parents. You have to actually go there you obese NEET.

You don't deserve to stay up all night so you can fuck off all you want.

No store would hire a NEET who emails them as soon as they wake up (4pm), you obviously have no initiative.
>>
>>1126796
1. Adopt regular human schedule, you're a fucking adult. You don't have to haze yourself at 5 am every morning but wake up by 9

2. Your parents aren't that light of sleepers. The only reason they have trouble sleeping at night is because they have raised a degenerate NEET and wonder where, oh where, they went wrong. They're trying to hint that you're a degenerate and need to get a fucking life. You don't need to fix your wall. You need to fix your life.

Faggot.
>>
>>1126796
If you run co2 through the vents, it will help them sleep.
>>
So OP any progress?
>>
>>1132496
Sorry. Got post bann'd cuz janitors didn't like a cartoon horse being posted.

Improved the resume, sent a lot of them and sent resumes to BK and McD and shit. Still no update.

In case someone had doubts about the country's employment, a friend of mine had to LIE about having experience just to become a dishwasher in a shitty restaurant.
>>
Hold on a minute - you didn't tell us you were a Brony.

Close this thread, OP does not have the right to exist.
>>
>>1132890
i am not. i just posted a cartoon horse reaction image from that show and the mods went REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1467088828591.jpg (77KB, 625x834px) Image search: [Google]
1467088828591.jpg
77KB, 625x834px
>>113249
kek, i love /diy/

someone asking about sound proofing a room, turns into NEET getting lectured into stop being a degenerate loser. I love you internet.
>>
File: 1466548226658.png (275KB, 454x403px) Image search: [Google]
1466548226658.png
275KB, 454x403px
>>1132899
Sure dude, whatever you say
>>
File: c7a[1].png (59KB, 200x205px) Image search: [Google]
c7a[1].png
59KB, 200x205px
>>1132895
>that show
Here we giving you well-meaning advice, and all this time youre turning up to to interviews wearing pointy furry ears and shit? St Jude himself would refuse your prayers, shamefur.
>>
>>1130381
>I just avoid posting for jobs where they require experience

Well, there's a mistake.
"Requires 2 years experience" is a filter for unmotivated shitters, you're supposed to demonstrate that you're eager to learn fast and work hard.
Can't do that if you never even bother to contact them, now can you?

>>1132498
That just prooves the "experience" requirement is immaterial: his lie would be obvious if they bothered to call his old employer as a reference.
>>
>>1132933
Right, if that's the case ill not avoid them anymore.

However, they DID call his old employer as a reference. It had to be another friend's pops posing as his old boss.
>>
>>1133091
ok dude, whatever you say
>>
>>1126796
have you considered making a wall of vacuum chamber cubes ?
i do not know what the cost whould get at but they are almost magical in the sense that they could stop sound from being transmitted
>>
God fusing damn it, OP. Stop playing your job and get a guitar already!
>>
>>1133130
Will do!
>>
>>1127743
You speak excellent English, why not try tutoring?
Argentina isn't that poor is it?
>>
>>1128459
Yo sƩ espaƱol, ahora no joda marico, pone tu mierda aquƭ.
Soy associate manager de una transnacional, manejo 3 idiomas y he pisado los cinco continentes.
>>
File: diyguide.jpg (185KB, 1217x881px) Image search: [Google]
diyguide.jpg
185KB, 1217x881px
thanks me leter!
>>
Peel and seal roofing is essentially the same as dynamat, better with a buffer space.

Get over your like of staying up all might and start getting up at 530 like an adult.
>>
File: resume in taco.png (36KB, 655x1138px) Image search: [Google]
resume in taco.png
36KB, 655x1138px
>>1133237
k den. Recently updated to incluide pic and lie about experience.

>>1133258
That's not what i need.
>>
Well we all hope you make it, unless you are a degenerate brony

By the way, did your parents notice that you are starting to become more serious about becoming a functional adult?
>>
when i lived with roommates and family I used these tips:

1: white noise - get a fan in your room or hallway to mute sounds

2: doors - doors are loudest and worst sound blocking, cover the bottom with towels and blankets

3: boxes - if your talking to friends on phone or online, talk in your closet, or if at computer, put carboard boxes around you to contain sound better

4: early bird- people are hardest to wake up early in morning, best time to be loud

5: matttress - for playing music, put the mattress upright over the door, additional mattresses on walls help greatly

6: bookcases/furniture - if really having problems, be loud under furniture such as under bed or behind cabinets, closets, also in general, best place to be loud is low to the ground for floor to absorb most sound

7: blankey - blankets are great for muffling everything
>>
>>1133801
you sound like a weirdo

making phonecalls in closets, putting mattresses against doors, playing the guitar under your bed. what the fuck is wrong with you

>>1133258
does that foam on the left actually work, I have a whole stack of it and a noisy aquarium filter
>>
>>1126796
Have you tried going outside? Go to a park or something mang.
>>
>>1126801
80 resumes?
I was jobless for a couple months 5 years ago.
I sent out over 200 resumes in three months.
You're a lazy, degenerate.
>>
>>1133884
>200 resumes in three months
and let me guess, you actually got a job by doing it like it should be done? who would have guessed
>>
>>1133872

that foam is for sound not to reflect back in the microphone.
But of course it works a little, but it's still shity, better use 2layers Styrofoam then, thanks mie letar!
>>
>>1134267
Well i dunno, but he is saying he "WAS" jobless.

So i guess ye, and i dunno if OP still reads this thread, but ye, i would also say, OP can't just blame everything on, well..everything that is not him

And ye, 80 resumes in 2 years is nothing to brag about. Did you ask around in your 15 block area if no else found a job either?

Im sure no one else did... and actually, sending 80 in 730 days is awesome, 20 would be the minimum (so like 1 in a month), but,, OP,, you out did yourself, maaan, kudos really,,

And i bet you wake up around 6-7:00 AM like most ppl do with a job, unless you have night shifts or something..

So that aside, what? If nothing happens for another 2 years then, "oh well, i sent 160 CVs, shit everything, better luck next time"?

And just cause you apply for a job, it doesnt mean you MUST go there, why not try?

Oh you dont like it, sooo?? Then go there work 1 day and quit, what? you think they gona murder you or something,.. oh but o dont like these ppl,, sooo? Quit then, go find another (unless you just find an excuse for every job cause you dont want to work), JUST DO SOMETHING!!

I bet there are enough jobs you could apply to beside 80 ..in 2 ..years..,,,you just dont really give a fuck, thats it. You cant always start on top, gota start somewhere....

Anyway i bet that until you find a job,, you will keep helping at home, like cleaning around the house, help with cooking, etc,, you know, everyday stuff.. (yeah, jokes aside,,, if you dont, you really have no excuse here)
>>
>>1133323
>"Licensia"
>An intelligent adult with free time, will to learn, and to adquire knowledge. Patient and calm, and sociable with people. Adept in martial arts, boxing, playing guitar, and notable computer skills. Able to do any task without problem.
>Studying Automotive engineering
>English, fluid
>Portuguese, basic
>Spelt "administrativos" wrong
Either Argentinese finaly seceded from Spanish, or you got to pass that shit through autocorrect next time, dude. Also translated some sentences so people understand better.
>>
>>1126801
Nigga last week Monday to Friday I sent out 55 resumes.
Try harder faggot
>>
>>1135164
Will do when i get more resumes.
>>
>>1135143
yeah i fixed those small issues when i found them. I dont have auto correct.
>>
>>1135129
>Did you ask around in your 15 block area if no else found a job either?
Not exactly 15 blocks but i did heard from a lot of people that they are getting laid off by the day.

>OP can't just blame everything on, well..everything that is not him

I agree. However even my old 60 year old father thinks that its just how the economy goes.

> sending 80 in 730 days is awesome

I didn't sent 80 in 2 years. I was unemployed in 2 years. The 80 resumes were sent in a spam of under 3 months.

> 6-7:00 AM like most ppl do with a job, unless you have night shifts or something

9am to try and get used to living by daylight.

>And just cause you apply for a job, it doesnt mean you MUST go there, why not try?

Because it would be the only place where i can find a job.
>>
>>1126801
Why don't you try insulating your room with all the those rejected resumes?
>>
>>1135196
Because i dont want to be reminded of my failures, anon. I already got pretty close to killing myself due to being unable to get a job.
>>
>>1135197
I hear dead bodies make excellent insulation.
>>
>>1135204
Guns are a pain in the ass to get tho.
>>
>>1135211
Why would you need a gun, muchacho? Plenty of ways to take out useless people.
>>
>>1135212
I am not social enough to know useless people i am afraid.
>>
>>1135213
>I have met the enemy, and it is I.

Self help is DIY as fuck.
>>
>>1135223
Will keep this in mind, anon.
>>
File: 1466411369598.jpg (360KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
1466411369598.jpg
360KB, 710x508px
I went around every local i can find in my area and sent resumes (the good one) or asked every mechanic shop for a job or even paidless work and they all said no. Anything else i can improve other than "ask around a bigger area"?
>>
>>1135875
alright, this is what you do if all else fails. donate your time to an organization. for instance, free geek if you want to get into the tech industry... etc etc. volunteer work looks great on a resume and it allows for networking (which is extremely important in finding a job). if that fails (which i doubt) LEARN A SKILL VIA INTERNET. you can learn how to do something with little investment and be prepared for interviews. if this fails, you fail. meaning you need to find your character flaws and change them before entering into society.
>>
>>1135884
Funny thing, ive started research on checking up volunteer work and been trying to get into home schooling coding. While i also add on my resume that i volunteer translation english-spanish for a game (obviously i did not state it was volunteering nor that it was for a game).

And while i would love to learn some shit like blacksmithing, that's not a chance.

But even then, i think that the biggest issue of mine is that i never know WHAT is failing.

Family said that the blame is the country entering economic shithole-status and people getting laid out everywhere.

Some people here say i am not dedicated enough.

Friends say i should lie on my resume.

But even then i still fear that i still fuck something up, that its all my fault and that i never know WHAT it is that gets me unable to even fucking work in McDonalds. Is it my beard? (recently shaved). Is it my angry looking expression? is it that i am just 5'7''? (although its still average)
>>
>>1135896
here is something that will help you out bud, instead of spending time playing the guitar, or checking this. HAVE THE DESIRE to learn to code. Go balls deep into that, make it your passion. Of course you can screw around a little, but treat learning code as a job.

khanacademy is a great resource as well as codeacademy. Build work ethics through something that can be used in the real world, like coding. Try to make the majority of your day something that will benefit you in the long run. Shit, im just a janitor, but if i had free time, i would be making a video game right now. Have goals, and achieve them
>>
also, dont get caught up in failure, it is a learning experience.

Try to think of a long term goal (learning code), then from there make smaller plans for the month (learning object oriented programming), week (1/4 of subject), and day... baby steps, stay organized, and dont get hung up (ie making excuses, get it fucking done).
>>
also,
dont fear. just do.

if it doesnt work, learn from that experience. Go outside of your ego and try to picture the situation with someone else in your shoes. then, critique the situation and the person in your shoes. perspective is a wonderful thing and will keep you based.
>>
>>1135951
>>1135952
I do have that idea in my brain tho lol.

its not that i FEAR coding or error. Its just that i never find myself motivated enough. On top of that, already tried codeacademy. And i cant say that i trust the website unless someone that knows their shit can tell me that they vouch for that shit. Everytime i used it i felt like if it was a kindegardens toy that told me i was a real coder now and that i could do real shit.

You are suggesting a rubber duck method on my life too? i guess i could try that too.
>>
File: 1473311102514.gif (726KB, 391x288px) Image search: [Google]
1473311102514.gif
726KB, 391x288px
>>1135954
frankly, you aren't worth my time. If that is your take away from everything that was said, fucking be a NEET living in your parents basement. you have the idea in your head, yet you cannot make it a reality, that means there is something wrong (your thought process), read what i wrote carefully, stop being such an autistic faggot with an ego. Your ego is wayyy to big, i believe this is one of the many reasons why you cannot get a job. Fucking destroy that, reflect on your life and realize how shitty of a person you are, then learn from that. You have to start somewhere, dont expect to be a pro elite hacker faggot. The fact that you "tried" shows that you do not have what it takes to actually accomplish anything. and blah i don't have motivation, fucking man up and get it done. That is a pitiful excuse, and it shows how lazy you are. Honestly, i would consider hanging myself with that mentality.

Bottom line, Stop being a lazy piece of shit who makes stupid excuse to not further himself. God, if you were my son, you would be homeless.
>>
>>1136070
Sure thing pal. Whatever you say.
>>
>>1136112
you can keep being dismissive, but that wont help anyone. You will continue to amount to nothing with that mentality, you need to get past the denial and man up
>>
>>1126796

Foam board insulation and movers blankets on the walls and ceiling. Lay down 3/4" plywood on the floors, screw the border and nail the field then lay down padded mats. It still won't be sound proof but it will deaden the sound substantially. Get your parents a white noise generator too. Unless you want to be LOUD that should be a viable compromise.
>>
>>1136249
I understood your point. I just disregard your attitude, pal.
>>
>>1135196
kek'd
>>
>>1136070
>Frankly, you aren't worth my time.

Followed by:

>WALL OF TEXT

Okay.
>>
>>1126801
>resumes
>Burger King
Kek!
>>
>>1126829
Or get a job, and rent a 24 hour storage locker and practice there. Plenty of musicians do that...
>>
>>1126796
The headphones are way to go.
>>
Fuck you guys are assholes, so what if he don't wanna work fuck it. I don't blame anybody for not wanting to work a shit job that makes some other asshole rich.
anyway check this out maybe OP http://www.greengluecompany.com/
>>
>>1138560
I want to work. I just dont know if the issue with me not getting a job relies on a downspiralling economy or something i am doing wrong.
>>
>>1138562
The 'issue' has less to do with the downspiralling economy, increasing resistance to penicillin and the price of fucking cheese, rather, the fact you are a procanistrative faggot who would rather sit and talk shite on 4chan about the world muh wrongs and woes than go and get a fucking job already.

And no, dont fucking bother replying tell me, you tried (twice, last year, etc) - DGAF. May as well go become a rent boy now, later, you wont even have that option.
>>
File: 1468015095980.jpg (10KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
1468015095980.jpg
10KB, 185x185px
>>1138589
sure dude, whatever you say.
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.