[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/ I would like to make a necklace where I can hide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: st-pnds.jpg (34KB, 200x307px) Image search: [Google]
st-pnds.jpg
34KB, 200x307px
Hello /diy/

I would like to make a necklace where I can hide a Micro SD card on it, and that must be waterproof.
I thought something similar, but I have no really idea to make it waterproof and invisible (a hinge is too much visible).
Do you got some ideas ?
>>
I would recommend something that screws together instead of hinges because it would be smaller and have a better seal.
I think there are coins that you can get that screw apart and can fit micro SD cards. You could get a small clasp that fits around it and put it on a chain
>>
>>1126452
Like these:
https://www.amazon.com/US-Mint-Quarter-Covert-Compartment/dp/B0036VJHXG

https://www.amazon.com/QUARTER-Holder-necklace-pendant-display/dp/B00CU3KYQU
>>
If you don't need to access it often, it would be easiest to seal it with silicone
>>
>>1126438
https://countycomm.com/collections/view-all-storage-products/products/a-b-cache-dual-compartment-capsule

You'll have to verify the size. They have other similar products on their website.
>>
>>1126438
>get small watertight box
>attach chain
>????
>profit
>>
>>1126438
The build would really depend on the amount of use needed. If it were a one time use you could simply swallow the micro sd card or insert it into an orifice.
Take a trip to a thrift shop and look for a bag of cheap costume jewelry.
Rotary tool will be your friend.
If you Really want to hide something hide it in a dildo.
>>
>>1126452
Very interesting, I think is the best idea.

>>1126466
>>1126486
no thinkable, that's not hidden. But for a normal use it's would be good enough.

>>1126490
That's quite common for drug trafficker, so it's make it not secret.

The best thing would be to have a surgery for make a secret pocket under the arm or between toes (x ray in airport doesn't pass chair)
>>
>>1126453
Also, what are inside are detectable on x ray ?
>>
>>1126509
The problem with drugs is you can't hide them on the internet
>>
>>1126511
Not if the coin's metal.
>>
>>1126438

Simply make the front a scew cap with an o-ring.
>>
>>1126438
Do you need continued access to the msd card - as in do you plan on routinely updating the info on it?

If not, seal it in hot-glue for waterproofing.
>>
>>1126526
one or two time in the month, sometime less.
>>
File: shopping (1).jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
shopping (1).jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>1126438
Drill a hole through the top for a chain and glue beeds and shit to one of these fuckers.
Bonus points for not making it look like shit
Micro sd cards are already waterproof.
>>
>>1126438

Why not just encrypt the data instead of hiding the cards?
>>
>>1126762

>Why not just encrypt the data instead of hiding the cards?

Because OP needs to be able to pass the SD card in and out of a secure location
Encryption does not matter
The need is to move files from within a controlled environment in into a wide open one
OP is trying to commit industrial or governmental espionage
The next Snowden or Manning perhaps

Your mission OP, if you choose to accept it, is to move Hillary's Recipes and Yoga routines from an unsecured server to an agent of a hostile foreign government, as always OP if any member of your 4chan crew is caught or killed, GOOK will disavow any knowledge of your actions, this thread will 404 in 30 seconds, good luck OP
>>
>>1126762
yeah i have the same question

why not just use online storage of some kind, or seal the data behind a passworded archive or smth

also its easier to waterproof and hide a USB key. they're super small these days, are more portable (in that they work on more devices) than an SD/MicroSD, and can be hidden into mundane objects. people coat them in acrylic and fit them into other objects all the time

lego bricks are a common one
>>
File: 1484639982430.jpg (113KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484639982430.jpg
113KB, 700x500px
>>1126779
More likely is that OP is a pedo and wants to save his cheese pizza he found for later.
>>
>>1126779

Not governmental espionage, but in a car company.

>>1126890
pedo only risk jail, that's not a big deal. Lobbying group are more dangerous than only jail, they work with bank, lawyer, and governmental institution also.

At the end, money is money.
>>
>>1126438
Not sure if anyone has told you this but microsd cards are traditionally waterproof by manufacture nowadays. https://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=18756&gclid=Cj0KEQiA2uDEBRDxurOO77Cp-7kBEiQAOUgKV6rvxp8jSBgXsahCIgGfrpR5gDgB806lxDfxz-ukH50aAjgO8P8HAQ
>>
>>1127000
something as small and sealed as a microsd card won't get damaged much by water anyway, the edges are melted together and shit like laminated or something , water won't corrode the contacts.

>>1126526
>seal it in hot-glue
not bad if you can avoid damaging it from the heat and get a good coverage

>>1126523
this is a good idea, an oring with sufficient thickness that it presses against the front and back at the same time leaving the donut in the middle would work well and require no modification to the pendant.

>>1126511
yes
>>1126519
xrays easily pass through lots of metal. when you go to the doctor they give you a lead apron for your nutsack, why not just aluminum foil? do you fancy a few inches of lead on your pendant op?

sd card will be instantly recognizable on an xray
any attempt to hide it will warrant further investigation. people manning xray scanners don't think 'oh that bag is lead lined, can't see in it i guess it must be ok' they think 'wtfd is this person hiding call the fucking cops now plz'

>>1126456
easiest would be to smear some silicon based jelly lube on it and wipe it of after. in a coffee cup like training day or some shit you can take through a metal detector rather than an xray scanner. might make the coffee taste like shit though. important not to wear any metal at all and if you get screened for a body scan you would be fucked.

realistically you would flush it down the toilet and have someone in the sewer to fish itout
>>
>>1127013
The metal used in a micro SD card are not making the metal detector alarming ?

In this case, the best would have to got it in mouth, small enough for have no problems for speaking with that.
Thinkable to got it between toes for metal detectors ? Some detectors are not passing though the body (I asked one time in a airplane compagny when I moved, they told me the new scanner isn't going through body). It's could also work ?
>>
>>1127013
A) heat doesn't kill electronics, cold does.

B) the temperatures achieved to melt hot-glue sticks aren't enough to damage the plastic case, silicone chip, or metallic inlays

I've encased whole flash drives in hot-glue - it's perfectly safe for modern electronics.
>>
>>1127193
>heat doesn't kill electronics, cold does.
this is absolutely a lie
>>
File: box ring.jpg (10KB, 300x245px) Image search: [Google]
box ring.jpg
10KB, 300x245px
Why not a ring? Lots of poison rings are put there, and on some men big fat thumb rings don't stick out much.
>>
>>1127231
accidentally some words

*Lots of poison rings are big enough to put a microsd in there,
>>
>>1126532
this, glue a synthetic gemstone to it and make it look nice. No one is going to think twice about a necklace. but don't make it too nice, you don't want o draw too much attention to yourself
>>
>>1126438
perhaps we are overthinking this... is taking your phone into the secure area an option at all? if it is, use that as your concealment... most decent smartphones (looking at you apple) have the ability to accept a micro sd for storage expansion
>>
>>1127057
The amount of metal in an SD card is insignificant compared to the rivets in your jeans.
>>
>>1126438
>must be waterproof.
Just encase the micro SD card in plastic. Take a small plastic bag and then melt it closed. Kind of like those food saver bag systems. Place it into the hidden compartment necklace. I'm assuming you don't need to access the SD card often.

Another option is to have some sort of rubber gasket, but there's a risk of a small leak if you do that.

>invisible (a hinge is too much visible).
Have one face screw into the other. If it wasn't a micro SD card you could use a strong magnet to keep them together.
>>
>>1127231
That's not a bad possibility also.

>>1127451
We can't use phones with camera in this place, I bring a little spy camera inside when the xray was down, but now this camera doesn't leave that place.
I also can buy a phone without any camera and who use a SD card, that's also a possibility.

/diy/ have a lot of nice idea, I think I got the information needed.

I like the idea of the necklace coin, just have to find a good coin, because nobody got a normal coin into a necklace...

Thanks or informations
>>
>>1127216
>has never taken a course for computer hardware
Your ignorance is laughable.
>>
>>1126438
apparently there are waterproof micro sd cards
>>
get a necklace with a large enough concave surface cut foil or shiny paper or whatever to cover the space and stick it in there with sticky tack or gum or something
>>
>>1127709
please don't embarrass yourself any further
>>
>>1127454
>>1127057
Also that's not even how modern detectors work. They're sensitive enough to pick that stuff up but the operators see the results and make a decision to stop you.

It's why they don't make you take your shoes off at the airport anymore. They know people wear shoes and they will ALWAYS show up on the detectors.

But you show up with one rifle casing in your pocket...
>>
>>1127762
>it's embarrassing to be right
>>
>>1127996
>>1127762
>>1127709
>>1127216
>>1127193
>>1127013

Maybe try debate ?

I know liquid azote is used to refrigirate the CPU on some high lvl calculator contest.
I also know they can stay "good" at 90°C (CPU sometimes goes that high).

In both case, they don't work a long time...
>>
>>1128059
>Maybe try debate ?
Not important enough. If anon wants to sentence his electronics to death by freezing that's on him. I did what I could to warn him.
>>
>>1127996
your a fucking moron.
i didn't say cold was ok i argued your point that heat was ok
enough of anything will kill it
if its too cold it won't work if its too hot it won't work. i know at least one guy who ruined a batch of chips by essentially desoldering bond wires using a heat gun on heatshrink near it. of course i could also just argue your point by suggestion you throw your computer into the sun and see if it still works.
>>
Just put it in your wallet behind a credit card.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (6KB, 400x174px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
6KB, 400x174px
Self explanatory
>>
>>1128246
The Micro SD card behind the chip of the credit card is a fucking good idea !
>>
>>1128277
That's also a nice idea, nobody will take care about a watch necklace with SD card, it's could be normal today...
I really like it, thanks anon
>>
>>1128277
>>1128525
XD
>>
>>1126989
>pedo only risk is jail
And lynching, both the literal act of getting lynched, and becoming metaphorically lynched in any social circles. Imagine having to explain to friends, family, coworkers, significant others, etc, that you cannot be within 500ft of a school or park, and that you have to tell all your neighbors you're a registered sex offender whenever you move and new ones move in. I can imagine employers will find out during routine background checks.
>>
>>1127193
Heat kills transistors.
>>
>>1127709
Apparently you never paid attention. Why do we have fans in a computer tower?

Heat destroys semiconductors. Might want to take that class again. Pay attention when they mention overclocking and airflow.
>>
>>1126486
>>get small watertight box

Some stores sell tiny plastic boxes for sauce, you can buy that and then built the pendant around the waterproof sauce container.

Pill bottles.

pill boxes

Tic Tack container

contact lenses container

plastic containers for ear plugs, some drug stores sell these

I think some stores sell plastic USB and micro USB cases that are waterproof, so as long as you can fit it into a pendant it'll be fine.
>>
>>1126438
Why water proof?
>>
>>1128884
I'm assuming for sweat and possibly rain during transit. I've worked in a few places that will dunk test items they suspect might be holding unauthorized electronics.

I assume they still let you wear a basic watch, so long as its not a smart watcb, yes? Even simple sport watches from Walmart have enough space under the battery cover for a micro SD card, and even most gubment facilities won't check the inside of your watch. Get yourself a nice looking digital appropriate to your station (if you're a line drone, don't get a fancy gold watch, obvs), put the card in the back and rock on.

Though honestly, if you have to ask for help on 4chan for something like this, you really don't have the mindset for this kind of work....
>>
enclose the sd card into some bluetack. easy, no cleaning and waterproof.
>>
>>1126438
have a base plate that has thread on the inside with a "plug" that has thread on the outside. If you put a rubber washer inside, anything inside the washer will be water proof when you tighten the "plug"
>>
>>1127193
>>1127216
>>1127709
>>1127709
>>1128059
Etc...

Simple answer here. Heat is just all around bad for electronics. The cooler you can get them the better, up to a point.

Most batteries and capacitors lose efficiency as the temperature drops. Once it gets cold enough, moisture becomes a problem. Condensation forms, drips down and POP goes a circuit.
>>
It's not 12" bbc, just keister that shit
>>
Hey OP, if you're worried about the SD card being seen thru an Xray coat the inside of the pendant in lead, it'll just show up as a white circle on an Xray which probably wouldn't arise any suspicion cause that's what an empty pendant would look like anyway.
Just don't go too heavy on the lead or it might make it a super thick white circle which might arise suspicion if the outside of it doesn't look like a heavy metal.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.