[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got one of those DIY guitar sets where you put together and paint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: les.jpg (152KB, 1140x759px) Image search: [Google]
les.jpg
152KB, 1140x759px
Got one of those DIY guitar sets where you put together and paint and finish all the parts, but ive been having trouble with how how to paint the white trim around the body. Any ideas? the rest is pretty straight forward
>>
Mask it off with blue painters tape... or get a kit with real binding... that's not supposed to be punted it's supposed to be a different material.
>>
>>1126171
what kind of kit do you have? Usually it is a strip of different material that form what the rest of the guitar is. If it doesn't have that strip, you could try to still make one, but it probably won't look good. Mask it off, and then if any stain leaks underneath, sand it off, or scrape it off with a razor. Let your stain set in, and then apply your finish.
>>
File: bind.jpg (6KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
bind.jpg
6KB, 360x270px
>>1126171
the white strip isn't paint it is binding often made out of plastic but sometimes wood strips.
>>
File: 161.jpg (17KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
161.jpg
17KB, 320x239px
>>1126191
This guy knows. You're going want to route a cavity around the edge then glue in the binding. Super glue if plastic, yellow glue if wood. Apply a little at a time and hold in place along the body with small pieces of good quality tape. Or you could just forgot the whole thing and leave the binding out, it's really not necessary.
>>
>>1126236
Exactly this. Here is a video about how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nr-nLPBi9c

Leave it off it this is your first guitar.
>>
>>1126279
I wouldn't say leave it off. If you want it go for it, just take your time and be careful. If you have a good router and a nice bearing cutter you can't really fuck it up that badly.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.