[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pulled back my mattress after about a half a year to put a new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 11

File: 0203170519a.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
0203170519a.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Pulled back my mattress after about a half a year to put a new cover on and I found this mold. I think it grew from water around the area but I'm not sure. It explains why I felt sick recently. What should I do? Also should I put the mattress back, and cover it? Should I get a new mattress?
>>
File: 1485080841623.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1485080841623.jpg
1B, 486x500px
What the fuck man..
>>
>>1125316
I recommend you start looking for another place to live.
>>
>>1125316
And get a new mattress
>>
>>1125318
Is it really that serious? It's only behind my mattress in this small corner.
>>
File: 1485281176150.gif (1B, 486x500px)
1485281176150.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>1125320
Dude not trying to make you sweat, and I hope you're not trolling.. This shit is deadly. You need to destroy the matress as it could be inside it now. you need to clean that wall with hardcore bleach, paint it. Or just get an expert in.

This is why mattresses need to be on a frame, for air.

And get a matress cover and wash it every week my man.
>>
>>1125322
I'm not trolling. And yeah, I figured so. I'm only 18 and still living at my mom's house so I'll have to do that. Gonna call up a professional. I'm wondering how it could grow there, I don't know how water got there. That's what I get. I just hope I haven't been damaged badly by the mold.
>>
>>1125325
from the fact that it is only behind the mattress in the corner suggests it is pure moisture from the mattress, i.e. warm and no ventilation and often humid (because u sleep next to it)

you need to
1. nuke that corner, or the entire room with bleach and strong peroxide to kill the mould on the wall
2. replace mattress, u have to do this 100%
3. get another bed frame, a cheap one will do as long as it lifts the mattress up and there is a gap below the mattress for ventilation i.e. air will not trap
4. mould is deadly, and your amount of mould is a-fucking-lot, that is definitely beyond "usual amount" and definitely a bio hazard. your health is already damaged, your immune system is probably very fucked and you need to fix the mold problem immediately if you want to live seriously, this stuff kills silently and when you least expect it i.e. your immune system will suddenly without warning say fuck this and stop functioning and you will collapse while u sleep and then literally die

not even joking, your situation is pretty fucking serious, the other anons are right

you need to sort this like fucking yesterday
>>
>>1125330
also, it might sound like trolling, but you should stop breathing, i.e. u need to immediately get a face mask while you clean it out

the spores are invisible in the air even in extreme amount, you will not see it, you can gas jews with it
>>
>>1125322
Bleach doesn't kill mold.
Toxic mold only kills infants.

>>1125325
Cut the wall, replace the insulation, use a fungicide on inside of wall anything that didn't have mold but was near the mold. Throw away the mattress.
Replace.

It'll cost you maybe 100-150$ in materials to do yourself.
It'll cost you a whole lot more when the mold man comes in says the house needs gutted.

Also it wasn't your mattress, the moisture came from outside or somewhere else
>>
>>1125330
Should I leave the mattress up against the wall for now or leave it open?
Also yeah I'm pretty fucked. I haven't had any real health issues however except for nosebleeds. I'm also going to throw out the pillows, will my blanket be fine to keep however? Oh and the carpet will also be thrown out.
>>
>>1125334
There is a small incision in the area with wires leading somewhere. Not sure where however. How do I proceed to do this regardless? I'm really just considering a professional.
>>
>>1125336
the mattress should go out the house and to the dump, because it cannot be cleaned

pillows or blankets will be fine if you can soak them in bleach or peroxide to kill the spores, but best to get new ones for safety

basically, every object in your room, i.e. carpets, bed, pillow, blanket, your clothes, your books, your desk, everything, is now full of spores.

for each of the above, you need to a) deep clean or b) throw away.

but to start with... move away from the corner, take things out into the sunlight and let it air... and clean the room and strip the carpet

if under the carpet there is more mold, you have to move elsewhere while u call a professional or get the place refurbished
>>
>>1125334
it can also be simple condensation (cold wall vs warm bed with sweaty person in it), if someone fucked with the wall before and messed up the insulation, considering there is a wire coming out, this is very likely
>>
>>1125339
I'll explain the situation more thoroughly so that you can go off more info then, the mattress hasn't been moved from against the wall for months. So the mold hasn't had air exposure until just recently. Overall the carpet is just a rollup rug that is easily disposable, the real floor is just wood. The mattress was on top of a lower mattress holder thing. I plan to throw out the pillows and mattress and it's holder, as well as the rug carpet. One of my desks is wooden, one is glass and painted metal. Should I throw these both out? I think I can keep the metal and glass desk if I'm not mistaken. The wooden desk will be thrown out. As for my PC, I don't think that will really have any issues will it? As for my blanket I can clean it but I don't know if that's enough. My clothes are in a closet as well hanging. Should they all be thrown out?
>>
>>1125341
I literally sweat so much at night, so that's easily a possibility. It may have to do with sleeping without a cover on my bed for months. I'm an idiot.
>>
>>1125339
Is it unsafe at this point to enter the room without a respirator of some type?
>>
>>1125346
the mold definitely has exposure to air and your room is definitely filled with spores, the fact that it is covered with mattress wont stop the mold releasing spores, spores are like nuclear radiation, they are so tiny and they can go everywhere, literally every fucking where, you are underestimating mold and spores, it has evolved for millions of years to do exactly this: going to places, how else do you think it got there in the first place.

as i said, as long as you can clean it, it's fine, your rug can go soak in the tub in bleach, or air in the sun for a couple days, that will be enough.

wood floor is good, you can just wipe it down with bleach.

wooden desk you can literally just wipe down with a wet towel with some bleach, no need to throw it away, that would be a waste.

inside the pc is a gather place for dust, i.e. spores, just clean it normally will do (take it out in the sun and blast air, etc)

blanket just clean it in the washing machine with some peroxide or a little bleach

clothes just go through the washing machine will do because they get dirty and go through washing machine often anyway

no need to throw everything away, just clean with some bleach to kill the spores
>>
>>1125347
ok then that is 100% the cause, judging from the pattern on the wall

you sweat, the moisture goes into the mattress i.e. literally a wet sponge... wet sponge against wall... 100% mold.

>>1125348
it is unhealthy to stay in it, it is not like it will kill you instantly, it is a slow debuff that drains hp slowly

get a spray bottle and fill with bleach mixed with water, hold your breath, go into room, spray it on the wall and cover it 100%, that will stop the spore from casting the debuff, open the windows, go out the room, wait for the existing debuff to expire (maybe 1 hour), go back in, and scrap/clean the wall with a bucket of bleach water and towels and scraper, wear a mask if you have one, if not, just pull up the tshirt to cover your nose and mouth
>>
>>1125349
Alright, thank you for the information. Should I get respirators before entering the room?

Lastly, if there are any spores left alive will it always repopulate? I mean, I don't think I can possibly get rid of all the spores. I guess they won't grow if they are without food, but is it important I get all of them?
>>
>>1125353
spore is literally air, the earths atmosphere is filled with spore, it is everywhere but at a low level, if conditions are right i.e. moist and dark, spores turn into mold

your stuff in the room will be at a higher level because the surfaces will be covered with a thick layer of spore higher than normal, just wipe down with bleach will make it normal again

they won't grow if you dont wipe down your desk, but if you get it wet, it will get mold easily and faster than normal

just think of spore like a magic invisible dust (which is what it is), and bleach kills it

there is no such thing as totally getting rid of it, only kill it enough to return it to normal acceptable levels
>>
>>1125316

That shit can kill you OP.

Move ASAP and get a new matress.
>>
>>1125353
Different person but it's a try and see thing

He's right about everything he told you. Mix bleach with warm water, not just straight bleach.

When you're done cleaning, make sure in the future there's always some gap between bed and wall. Allowing air flow will help prevent reoccurring mould.
>>
>>1125356
Okay thanks that's what I thought. I'm just going to go with the easy route and throw away most of my shit that's unnecessary and go without a mattress for a few weeks and only enter for computer use. I am going to call a professional to get it removed and checked out though because I want to make sure it isn't growing in the walls or near the hole.
>>
File: SVoAs7n.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
SVoAs7n.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1125316
Jesus dude.
>>
>>1125325
that sounds like something you should bring to your moms attention to help you deal with if you don't have the resources to do it properly.

mattress has to go 100% like others have said. I'd personally get rid of everything that has had any direct contact with the mold for any continuous period of time. but then again i have plenty of money; i dont know your situation.
>>
Chuck the mattress, it's fucked. Wash the wall using anti mould spray and one of those scourer sponges and allow It to dry.

The mould is caused by water condensing on the wall from your breath etcettera.

I would advise you to move your furniture around so that the bed is not in this corner.

Try regularly opening the window to get rid of the stale musty air. A dehumidifier really helps if you
dry clothes indoors and is cheaper
than running a drier.
>>
>>1125363
Actually, my situation is very good. My mom is a dumb uneducated third world immigrant from China but my father wasn't and left a very nice inheritance. Its probably best if I just leave her out of it because she'll try to keep all the garbage that should be tossed, like the rug and mattress.
>>
>>1125360
>I am going to call a professional to get it removed and checked out though because I want to make sure it isn't growing in the walls or near the hole.

Do you understand how much money it costs a pro to trapes through your house and rip out your walls?
>>
>>1125366
Does the house have central heating? You don't want spores being carried all around
>>
>>1125369
I think so.
>>
>>1125366
ok lets reassess the situation, now we know the mold is from the mattress condensation, it will probably be where it is i.e. in the corner and not get behind the wall unless there is a gap or crack. there is really no need to tear up the wall or the floor, just clean where you can see will be enough to return to normal

so now it becomes a cleaning operation, mold is slimy motherfuckers, you should
1. spray the area with bleach solution to stop the spore flying into the air
2. use a scraping knife or razor blade to scrape off as much as possible
3. rub with kitchen towel or microfibre towel, or better yet, some magic eraser, get a whole box of this from ebay for cheap, it is incredibly useful and will clean like no other things do, it is the best mechanical cleaning product period.
4. bleach the area and wipe clean

and after that it is a matter of making sure everything is set up to allow ventilation
1. buy a airy bed frame, cheap is fine, dont get the box types because no ventilation
2. leave an inch from the wall
3. wipe down everything once
4. open windows
5. use a bed sheet
7. just open the window at all times even a little gap
8. sweating is normal, but the mattress+bed should be ventilated enough i,e. air gap around and between everything to everything to allow the sweat to stay dry over the night, if you wake up in a pool of water, you are doing it wrong
9. don't be ghetto about this, health and safety and things you sleep in should be the last things you want to ghettorig in your life, go be a nigger somewhere else
10. human body needs minimum 8 litre of fresh air PER SECOND, get a fan, open the windows, etc
>>
>>1125375
The problem is that it is the winter in Ohio.
I cannot easily clean everything, such as my computer.

Is bleach really the best way to kill the mold however? I read that there are more effective and useful ways.
>>
>>1125388
fire will also kill mold

peroxide is probably better bcos it doesnt smell, but maybe harder to get

vinegar is weak

bleach is all round a good choice for normal household because almost every house has some

there are some fast methods like power washing, or laser cleaning, but good luck using those indoor
>>
>>1125330
Well... time to throw a cup of water at my wall 3 times a day..
>>
>>1125388
>Is bleach really the best way to kill the mold however?

It doesnt even kill mold, it bleaches it. Its a common myth and im not sure why its being repeated ITT.

You need to get a real fungicide
>>
>>1125401
u want to grow mushroom? that is how u grow mushroom

for real
>>
File: AGO.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
AGO.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1125316
If you can buy it in your country, get some AGO.

It kills the shit out of mold and bleaches to boot.

I had mold problems in the bath of my new apartment because it doesn't have windows and the ventilation system could be better. It seems the former tentant caused the mold problems and that dickhead just painted over it with normal paint, leaving me to deal with his retardation.
Didn't take too long for the mold to come back. Tried several things that didn't work, like e.g. hydrogen peroxide, to no avail. Got some AGO and shit looks like new now. Fantastic stuff. Just make sure to air the room out properly since it produces chlorine gas.

If you want to prevent the mold from returning, you could also get special anti-mold alkaline wall paint since mold hates alkaline environments. Said paint is expensive, though.
>>
>>1125334
>>1125322
Use a fungicide
>>
Don't fuck around, OP. Kill it asap.
I'm currently laid up with severe pneumonia that was caused by mold and had to have a lung reinflated.
Mold is scary shit.
>>
>>1125419
Well I don't think the mold will return since it is caused by mattress and my sweat, so as long as I clean everything it shouldn't matter.
>>
>>1125427
"Cleaning" alone won't do shit. Get a fucking fungicide if you value your health.
>>
>>1125426
How bad was your mold infestation and what caused it, and what exactly did the mold do to you?
>>
>>1125325
Beds NEED to be elevated OFF of the floor. Removed from the wall on either side of the bed, and off of the wall at the head of the bed by a headboard.

Placing the box spring ON the floor and against the wall prevents adequate air flow for moisture management
>>
>>1125316
To think you have been breathing that shit every night lol.
You just shortened your lifespan by about 10 years
>>
>>1125316
>6 months between mattress cover changes

1: find out where the water is coming from and fix that problem
2: Replace those drywall panels and the insulation as well as any rotten lumber/flooring.
3: toss out the mattress and get a new one
4: wash your mattress cover once every month at the very least preferably 2 times a month.

If you are renting, get your landlord to fix that shit ASAP and drop the "black mold" a-bomb on him.
>>
>>1125316
This shit is the reason why proper regular hygiene is needed, with the duration that it could have been there
>after about a half a year
it easily has caused permanent damage to anyone spending more than an hour a day in that room.
rest in peace nigga
>>
A little is a corner in your bathtub, how did this even happen?
>>
>>1125322
>>1125330
>>1125339

Holy fuck dude. Stop with your paranoia bullshit.

OP, your wall is an outside wall, when you generate moisture in the house it condensates on the wall which allows mold spores that are all ready all around you to grow on the wall. The mattress blocked air flow which would have dried the moisture before it allowed the mold to grow.

Mold isn't fucking cyanide. It is bad for your health in high concentrations and for long periods of time. Unless you have respiratory issues, are an infant, or really old. It poses very little threat to you.

Clean the wall with a fungicide. If you really wanted to you could soak the mattress in a fungicide, but that is gross and impractical. If you're too poor to get a new one, get a mattress bag and seal it up. Protip: put some desiccant packets in there on the bottom side.

You don't need a fucking respirator. You don't even need a dust mask. Like asbestos, people freak out over mold despite it posing very little risk in the short term.

In the future if you want to avoid this, get an exhaust fan in your bathroom if you don't have one, get one that moves more air if you do, or run the damn thing longer after showers. Also keep your door closed when you shower. 90% of issues with condensation in the winter are due to the shower.

Also move your bed away from the wall. Just an inch will do. You also want your mattress to breath on the bottom, use a box spring or slats to allow air flow.
>>
>>1125495
>generate moisture in the house it condensates on the wall
what third world country do you live in that doesnt have insulation
>>
>>1125495
This looks like a water problem inside the wall. Maybe a hole in the roof, missing soffit allowing storms to blow stuff up, improperly installed siding, water pipe problem, etc. If the insulation gets soaked, this will happen.
>>
>>1125503
When you live in cold climates there is always a temperature difference on the outside walls. Even in modern "super insulated" houses there is a temp difference but it will be minimal.

Rented a brick apartment that had this issue for years. Got annoyed enough that I installed a higher volume exhaust fan in the bathroom and it instantly stopped the problem.

We also commonly have this issue with aluminum windows. Old ones don't have a proper thermal break and they constantly frost up and rot out the trim.
>>
So after reading about this for the past 12 hours, I think I can sum up what happened, assuming that the cause of the mold wasn't from some pipe leak or roof issue, since both the walls are exterior walls:

- The walls are colder in the winter

- The humidity in my room is high because windows are closed and I sweat a lot while I sleep.

- The difference in temperature made water condense onto the walls

- This was not helped by the fact that I don't have any airspace between the walls and my mattress, and the mattress just sits on a box spring.

So the question now is:

Is the mold so bad that I should cut open and replace the wall, or just get rid of the current mold and hope that solves the problem?
>>
>>1125554
so first off it could also be that it's condensing on what looked like a capped pipe in op's picture?

only a couple types of mold are really bad for you, the rest are just a mild irritant dust in your room. hard to tell the difference and if you have conditions to grow mold eventually youll roll snakeeyes.

wiping down the wall with bleach and cleaning it will remove/kill all the fruiting bodies, but if you do that and fix moisture issue, then it may fix the problem, and it'll grow slowly enough it wont be a problem for another 10 years.
OTOH, mold is like an iceberg, and if it's infested the drywall backing, or, worse, the fiberglass insulation behind it, you would have the choice of bleachin it back every week or tearing it out. sort of like trying to starve an ant colony or wasps nest by killing workers. if it's tiny when you start, you can do it. if it's well established it'll either slow the continued spread slightly or take months/years to work.

My advice would be wipe down/scrub with bleach, and see if it comes back. see how long it takes, or if it does, before making call.

Definitely move mattress away from wall, and if you don't replace it, at least get a nice plastic matress cover to keep spores in. + dessicant pack is a good plan.
>>
Air your room during the day, open the curtains/blinds as mould doesn't like uv. Get a dehumidifier. pull your bed away from that wall to get air circulating.
>>
>>1125401
Hardly the most efficient way to grow mold
>>
>>1125334
Toxic mode can cause some serious unresolved health issues.

>>had a persistent cough that when living in a camper. It was so bad, I cracked a rib
>>Got into accident, couldn't go anywhere near the entrance without a near asthma attack
>>spouse found mold in our room in the walls.
>>now live in a Motorhome with no issues. Even seasonal allergies are gone.
>>
>>1125590
It actually is a wire that runs through the wall to the outside. The outside is sealed however.

Will the mold really keep growing though if I get rid of all the moisture? I have a company coming with an aerosol they claim goes through the drywall. I'm definitely getting rid of all the things that touched that wall though, haven't gotten rid of the mattress and box spring yet so I haven't seen under the bed yet.
>>
>>1125638
Maybe. It depends on how well established it is. some types will go dormant, others will harvest humidity from the air as long as they have food.

Is why I suggested >>1125590, bleach it down and see if it grows back.
>>
>>1125638
Post pics of under the mattress. I need to see how established the mold is
>>
>>1125798
I will sometime tomorrow, for now I need to rest.
>>
>>1125621
>allergies are death
>>
i wouldn't throw the mattress but i would bleach/h20 it. and try to reduce humidity levels. there is like a million types of mold and only a couple that will kill you.
>>
>>1125320
>Is it really that serious?

How much do you value not having a mold colony infesting your lungs?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (1B, 486x500px)
latest[1].jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1125316
Everyone in this thread is an idiot. The mould is harmless, in fact you should be breathing it in as much as you can.
>>
>>1126828
No you're an idiot along with everyone else for taking the bait.

There surely can't be anyone in the western world living with that much mould and 6 month old sheets.
>>
>>1125316
You only change your sheets once a year? What in the actual fuck.
>>
florida attorney who regularly handles mold cases here:
1) get a hepa filter mask and wear it whenever in the room
2) get all fabrics out and wash them
3) get all furniture out, outside if possible
4) ditch the mattress its dead to you
5) tape / plastic over door and vents. isolate room. open windows if not raining.
6) buy Concrobium from local hardware store. spray it on everything. obviously, the mold especially. let dry.
7) get vacuum with hepa filter and vacuum up everything. remember the mask.
8) run fans and heaters to thoroughly dry the area.

a pro mold remediator would recommend replacement of the drywall but this may be beyond you at the moment. if you do these steps you coukd have a handyman replace the drywall. if so, follow the above treatment steps inside the wall as well and thoroughly dry before they replace the new drywall.

a mold inspection will run about $400 but should include infrared images, a scope inside the wall, at least 2 samples, and a remediation protocol similar to what i listed here.

good luck op
>>
>>1127297
>implying I "change" sheets

That implies that I take them off and clean them.
I replace sheets. I use them until they are destroyed then I throw them away and buy new ones
>>
>>1125388
Chlorine bleach kills mold but isn't persistent it will grow back sometimes quickly. Kill it with bleach solution then spray with borax solution or vinegar and let dry. If you can rent an ozonator set it up in the room and clear out the house for the day.
>>
Britfag here, how can I make my parents take mold growth seriously? Our kitchen and bathroom has lots of black mold growing behind the cabinets and on the ceiling but they don't seem to care.

The bathroom has an extractor fan but its in the wrong place so has minimal effect and they don't want to move it, whilst in the kitchen the mold isn't visible but lots of the cabinets back onto it so the spores are probably getting onto cooking utensils.

Any legal ground I can stand on as my 12 year old sister also lives here?
>>
>>1128531
>Any legal ground I can stand on as my 12 year old sister also lives here?

If there is don't bank on it. The condition of housing in the UK is messy.
>>
>>1128537
I feel powerless and worried at the same time because its a private property so the responsibility falls with my parents, yet they have this "its not hurting anything" and "its worked fine for the last 20 years" attitude.

The house is around 90 years old so everything is starting to show its age and its like opening a can of worms, real old houses are nothing like those picturesque manor houses you see in post cards especially ones around here that were built to a budget.
>>
>sleep on a foam pad
>on the floor
>diectly against carpet

i checked my bed because of this thread. no mold yet, but

>carpet
>>
>>1128543
Do you live in a warm climate? Because here we only get condensation problems during winter, right now its below freezing outside and the kitchen and bathroom walls are soaking wet.
>>
>>1128545
No, but I have a bathroom with an extractor fan that runs fucking backwards and no outside vent for it

Should get that fixed when it's not 20f outside
>>
>>1128546
Is your extractor fan placed near the shower at least? Because some dickhead builder placed ours on the opposite side of the room and too low down the wall for it to have any effect.

Can't have a ceiling vent either as we have a loft conversion above and the gas company ran gas pipes to the boiler directly above the shower. Its more effective just to open the window in our case but in winter that just generates more water droplets.

Also our extractor hood in the kitchen doesn't vent to the outside because of more incompetent builders and my passive dad who's too pussy to call people out.

I swear all the intelligent people left this country years ago.
>>
>>1128554
It's well positioned, but it doesn't extract shit. It runs fucking backwards.
>>
rip op
>>
>>1126828
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY OP
>>
Op Google sterifab. Since you are in Ohio you should be able to order some.
>>
>>1125375
The mattress needs to go

1. get an xacto knife
2. cut away all the drywall that has mold spores
3. put in trash
4. inspect the insulation
5. remove any insulation with mold
6. replace insulation
7. get drywall, screw gun, drywall nails
8. cut drywall to fit
9. screw in drywall
10. get finishing tape and mud (joint compound)
11. tape the seams
12. apply the mud and smooth
13. paint/texture to match the rest of the wall
14. buy a new mattress
15. ????
16. profit
>>
>>1125399
>peroxide
>doesn't smell
nigga what? That shit smells nasty as fuck and it sticks around for days.
>>
>>1125316
bro, get the fuck out of there. i lived in a place with black mold for awhile. SHIT FUCKED ME UP, cause serious stomach issues and messed with my brain a little. get the fuck out of there and read into how to treat everything that you own to not infect your new room.BUY A NEW MATTRESS.
>>
>>1129161
I lived with mold too
It made me cough all the time, and I would get dizzy at times.

It never affected my thinking or memory.
Luckily the effects are temporary if you arent a toddler
>>
>>1128531
If they don't care, can you take care of it of it yourself?
If yes, bleach works, but the water you dilute it with shouldn't be hot. When possible, the surface must be washed with a detergent before applying bleach. On a drywall, it may not always be a good idea to wash it first, as it can soak the drywall.
Apply it with a sponge and let it works during at least 15min (don't wipe it before this time-span).
Also, if it gets mouldy, there is an humidity problem and it will come back. Aerate more, check ventilation if you get one, lay some dehumidifier if you can.
>>
>>1125351
Christ you're an idiot.
>>
>>1125316
I've got this shit in my air ducts and all over one of my showers. It's been there for a few years now and it comes back very quickly whenever I do clean it.
>>
>>1129624
>I've got this shit in my air ducts and all over one of my showers.

how are you still alive?
>>
File: 20170211_220628.jpg (99KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
20170211_220628.jpg
99KB, 1032x581px
>>1129638
I dunno. This picture is actually better than it usually is, it was cleaned to some degree pretty recently. There's usually much more visible mold all over the tile. It's on the wallpaper too. It just keeps coming back every single time we clean it up.

Another interesting one to me is that if I leave a cup of water sitting out overnight, with nothing else nothing else in the cup, mold will have already formed on the surface.
>>
>>1128661
that's a lot of work and op isn't dead yet so it's probably harmless

i'd let it grow to have a neat gradient on the wall
>>
stop living like a Liberian
>>
>>1129728
>probably harmless
Mold is never harmless but on the bright side any illness caused by mold goes away when the mold goes away. The black mold variety is probably the worst. Molds can have bizarre health effects on humans including loss of IQ points. There is a story about 2 scientists, 1 was studying molds but his venting was somehow routed into the other scientists lab, basically turned the recipient scientist into a full blown retard until they figured out what had happened.
>>
File: 18rqy9ou4ox82jpg[1].jpg (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
18rqy9ou4ox82jpg[1].jpg
92KB, 800x600px
>>1129701
>Another interesting one to me is that if I leave a cup of water sitting out overnight, with nothing else nothing else in the cup, mold will have already formed on the surface.

It is too late, you are one of them now
>>
>>1125316
damn right by where you put your head to sleep. you have been breathing that shit in for god knows how long
>>
>>1129701
> Another interesting one to me is that if I leave a cup of water sitting out overnight, with nothing else nothing else in the cup, mold will have already formed on the surface.

WHAT THE FUCK
H
A
T

T
H
E

F
U
C
K
>>
>>1129892
That's white mold that would appear on the surface of the water, though. It tastes very sweet. I have not found white mold growing anywhere within the structure itself, just black.
>>
>>1125325
You should be changing the sheets once a week. Same with pillow cases because of the oils and dirt your body produces. If your face is breaking out with pimples it's most likely because your stuff is dirty
>>
>>1129903
/sci/ here. Don't drink the mold, you fucking ding dong.
>>
>>1129903
>That's white mold that would appear on the surface of the water, though. It tastes very sweet.

Have you tried leaving it over longer times to see if it taste better?
>>
>>1129938
It was in a white cup and I didn't see the mold until after I tasted it and spat it out
>>
Some of these might repeat themselves, but:
1. Get rid of the mattress. It's a lost cause.
2. For sheets, you should wash them in >90*C temperature. That will surely kill the mold.
3. In future, always leave a gap between the wall and your bed.
4.get rid of the existing mold using baking soda and vinegar(it may stink, but trust me, it kills mold flawlessly), on the go, you should wash the room. At least 1.5metre around that corner.
5. Let some fresh air into the room. You should do this either way from time to time.
6. Figure out the cause of molding. Whether it's getting in from the outside or inside. Probably the main reason was that you had mattress touching the wall.

Don't listen about other, expensive cleaning solutions for mold. Baking soda and vinegar. If you don't believe me, look it up. Google is your friend.
>>
>>1129701
honestly looks exactly like my shower. dont know what all these adnons are talking about. really only a couple of bad molds out of thousands.
>>
>>1129747
fucking kek
>>
File: IMG_20170214_000801.jpg (897KB, 2239x2683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170214_000801.jpg
897KB, 2239x2683px
My wall is covered in it!!!
>>
>>1125353
you dont need a mask for entering it for a short time
but if you remove the mold you should wear one
and stop sleeping in that room
>>
>>1125369
>>1125373
if he doesnt lives in ameica
central heating could be everything
here in germany we have pipes with hot water running to the radiators no he would need to just clean the radiator in the room
>>
>>1125334
>Bleach doesn't kill mold.

You are wrong about that, but in general I highly suggest following the rest of this guys advice as well as >>1125421's.

Dont fuck around with this shit.

http://blacktoxicmolds.com/bleach-kill-mold.php
>>
>>1129945
>>1129938
>>1129892
>>1129903
Alright, at this point you have my interest.

Try >>1129939 and report back. We /sci/ now.
>>
>>1129701
>Another interesting one to me is that if I leave a cup of water sitting out overnight, with nothing else nothing else in the cup, mold will have already formed on the surface.
Are you fucking with us anon?? If not you need to get a professional in there asap
>>
>>1129701
>the second paragraph
Hopefully by now you realize that it's outright hazardous to live there, right?
RIGHT?
>>
guys is op dead?
>>
>>1129701
>>1129903
I'm afraid that what you drank wasn't mold.
You have been visited by the Jizz Fairy, a mischievous little gremlin not unlike Santa Claus, or the Tooth Fairy. It visits people's houses at night and jizzes in their cups.
No one has as of yet determined the flavor of its jizz until now, as most are too embarrassed to admit that their home had been visited by the Jizz Fairy.
>>
File: 1367197414858.gif (1MB, 248x193px) Image search: [Google]
1367197414858.gif
1MB, 248x193px
Hey anon, post pictures of your room and other places.

Just want to satisfy my morbid curiosity
>>
>>1128539

Social services for fuck sake. Obviously your parents give zero fucks about you and your sister and don't care if the black mold fucks up your health. Mold is a cunt and it takes minimal effort to remove and prevent in most cases.

Tell your cunty parents to wise the fuck up.
>>
>>1125503
Not him, but even living in the UK, my parents' house has parts that are over 900 years old. Not everyone lives in an insulated drywall McMansion.
>>
>>1128452
that is retarded. literally retarded.
>>
I was going to toss the matress before posting a few pics on 4chan....

just passing by.
>>
>>1129701
Get some drain cleaner and pour all over that shit.
>>
>>1125316
calling a restorating speciallist is the absolute worst thing you can do. I'd rather die than give those dirty kikes 5k to make up false claims.

You know the mold is in the corner, they will come in and tell you the mold is everywhere else too. Just FYI there is mold everywhere, it's not uncommon to have mold in your house.

That being said, my mother got cancer and nearly died partly because of her constant exposure to mold, so you need to sort it out.

FYI i'm a plumber/handyman and do this regularly. All you have to do is cut out the mold. Go to the horror fright and buy a shitty drywall blade, some painters tape, and some trashbags.
Once you cut out the mold + 1 foot in every direction, remove insulation and put a fan blowing air into the open hole.
Let it aerate for 1 day then get a spray bottle full of bleach and soak the whole thing.

Go buy some drywall and plaster it into the open hole snugly. Either sand down the previous paint or paint over it if you dont plan on reselling the house with the current paint.

Also, kill yourself. You must be a real slob to have some shit like this happen. Probably obese. Only a selfish asshole would give so few shits about a house that isn't even his own.
>>
well overly humid air with little to no air circulation in the corners can cause mold.

if you have a humidifier, i suggest turning it down or off. setting up a dehumidifier in that room and not keeping things in the corners would help as well.

of course this all is for after you clean it up
>>
>>1125316
Looking at this picture the bottoms of the wall have the most mold and were most likely wettest.

I see wires/cables coming through the wall that look like a DIY job. I'm going to say you have a leak somewhere near that corner.

What is on the other side of that wall ?

I had a leak in my water heater and the walls that were soaking up the water for a few weeks looked just like this from the bottom up.

Is the carpet or floor damp in that area ?
>>
>>1125318
>THIS
fuckin sneerious
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.