[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of the prongs of my audio connector broke inside the input,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170201_155827.jpg (4MB, 2304x4096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170201_155827.jpg
4MB, 2304x4096px
One of the prongs of my audio connector broke inside the input, as you can see. The white thing in the red input is the prong. I've tried using super glue to attach to the prong, then remove it, but it's not a strong enough bond to hold. Any ideas? Maybe I should try threading a hole through the middle then pulling it out? lol
>>
>>1124617
Crack her open and maybe you can push from the back
>>
>>1124617
> superglue
Nice; now it's probably glued in place.

Small needle nose pliers, or a hook tool with barbed end, perhaps. Otherwise take off back panel and push it out. Even superglued in, you should be able to remove after disassemble.
>>
>>1124617
hot fish hook and stick it in, let cool pull uot
>>
Drill a hole and put in a screw, then pull it out. Not sure they make screws that small though.
>>
Heat a needle, jam it in and pull the pin out.
>>
Worst-case is you have to replace the jack. It's going to be a standard part.
>>
>>1124617
Push it in even further, let it drop into the chassis and maybe it will find its way out again.
>>
>>1124623
this
>>
>>1124763
>Drill a hole and put in a screw, then pull it out. Not sure they make screws that small though.
I'm sure they have small self-tappers at the local hardware store #0 is 1/8", same diameter as the RCA plug. Otherwise, OP is cracking open the case.

Also, RCA's? It's 2017, get with the times!
>>
>>1125180
Correction #0 is 1/16", #5 is 1/8"
>>
>>1125180
RCA is very much a standard for unbalanced stereo inputs.
>>
>>1124763
>>1125180
Are you people fucking retarded? Do you really think that thing is in tight enough to resist the torque of a drill, and a screw?

OP, man the fuck up, pull the lid off and push the damn pin out.
>>
Aren't RCA pins metal and hollow?
>>
>>1125479
Only the cheap ones anon.
>>
>>1125460
>Are you people fucking retarded? Do you really think that thing is in tight enough to resist the torque of a drill, and a screw?
I may be retarded, but at least I can read.

>OP: "I've tried using super glue to attach to the prong"

You're cordially invited to eat a dick.
>>
Push it through.
>>
>>1124617
Had this happen before with a headphone jack.
I took a pair of very small needle nose pliers, and was able to shave them down to where they could fit in it. I was lucky, a tiny bit of the jack protruded from the piece jammed, just giving me enough of it to grab and pull out,
>>
>>1124617
>Drill a hole and put in a screw, then pull it out. Not sure they make screws that small though.
They make them that small
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
how did this even happen?

as far as pushing it through, 50/50 shot.
some rca jacks are bottomless, some have stoppers to ensure good connection.

you're better off disassembling the unit
>>
>>1125654
What the actual fuck does that have to do with there being no where near enough friction between the pin and the socket to allow you to drill a hole, or screw a screw into an untapped fucking hole? If you're implying that OP has superglued the pin in, then guess what fuckwad, YOU WONT BE ABLE TO PULL IT OUT WITH A SCREW.

> You're cordially invited to eat a dick.
I'll evaluate that option IF you manage to remove it from your eye socket. If the drivel you're spitting is anything to go by, it's wedged in good and deep.
>>
Learn how to solder and put a new one on there.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.