[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Me and my fiance are making our own wedding rings but we're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Ryan_US8'5_ring.png (109KB, 383x462px) Image search: [Google]
Ryan_US8'5_ring.png
109KB, 383x462px
Me and my fiance are making our own wedding rings but we're having difficulty figuring out where we could buy investment and what kind of investment we'd need for the casts if we use silver for the rings. Do I have to order it online or can I get it somewhere? What kind of investment do I get? We're using 3d printed molds for the cast.
>>
you can buy sterling silver anywhere. online or local. it will cost more than bullion silver per troy ounce but silver bullion is 99.999 percent silver and not suitable to jewelry.

that ring looks uncomfy as fuck, but neat. just make sure it doesnt have hard edges or it will be uncomfortable, a rotary tumbler with stainless steel pins would soften it too (ammo reloaders),
unless that is a dragon cock ring [it is 4chan, sorry i literally had to]. i think it looks cool

probably shouldnt have the cast with the numbers, have that part engraved in later but IDK
>>
>>1124571
>d u r p wut investment?
Hint he's not talking about commodities

OP Try rio grande
>>
>>1124507

Did you try google?

https://pmcconnection.com/ring-making/ringmakers/satin-cast-20-investment-1-lb.html

Doesn't that kind of intricate pattern pretty much require vacuum or spin casting?
>>
>>1124572
Ty anon

>>1124595
We have both.
>>
>>1124507
I hammered one out of a copper penny.
Good luck
>>
You could get them 3d printed.

Or you could make a plaster mold, and cast them.

Pick.
>>
>>1124753
Didn't see the thing about investment powder.

>You must wait longer before deleting this post
>10 seconds later
>You cannot delete a post this old
Fuck you too, 4chan.
>>
>>1124507
Make it more pointy and obnoxious before you go into production. You want to be sure to cut your own face and snag every porous object around you throughout your days together.
>>
>>1124778
This.
>>
>>1124507
>Me and my fiance
"My fiance and I"
>>
>>1124596

> We have both.

A semi-professional centrifuge caster costs 100s of bucks, I don't even know of any small size vacuum casters for rings. Yet you don't have investment?

Did you just start throwing 1000s of bucks at this for shits and giggles?
>>
so how DO you make a ring?

how do jewellers do it with pretty gems?
>>
shapeways turns 3d models into silver or gold if you don't want to cast it yourself
>>
>>1125007

Not OP, but for those prices it seems hard for DIY to make sense.
>>
https://youtu.be/xKR5kk1rZTY
>>
>>1124992

Carve the ring out of wax.

Attach sprue to wax to allow a pour hole + vent

Pour investment over wax, harden in a kiln, melt out wax.

Pour molten metal into investment, apply vacuum beneath investment to draw the metal through the entirety of the ring

Quench the investment, pull out the ring, cut off the sprue and clean that shit up.

That's the basics of what I was taught in school, but it was real rudimentary.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.