[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help a retard out. I hate plumbing with a passion, and apparently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170128_230741.jpg (23KB, 439x573px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170128_230741.jpg
23KB, 439x573px
Help a retard out. I hate plumbing with a passion, and apparently lack the skills to make a single damn joint that doesn't leak.

This is in a cargo trailer I'm converting to a camper. Pressurized this a little bit ago, and got one joint that blew out, and almost every compression joint leaked before the blowout. I have a pump and a city water connection. Valve to switch a breather hose open and shut when connected to city water, and a valve to shut bypass the pump when on city water. Using mainly 1/2 od polystyrene tubing. Currently in the Pamona CA area if you have any recommendations of people who would fix my clusterfuck for a decent price. And / or tell me what I did wrong. Plumbing diagram on request.
>>
>>1122867
>city water connection
>polystyrene tubing

oh my

there's a reducing valve somewhere in there, yes?
>>
>>1122879
By reduction valve, I assume this anon means a pressure reduction valve. The pressure from mains water supply is too high for your hozes OP. Reducing pressure might go a long way in fixing this.
>>
>>1122907
indeed

like when I tried to rig up a hose running propane to a mower engine without anything to reduce the tank pressure....it did not go well
>>
>>1122909
Holy shit. Epic blowout ensued?
>>
>>1122910
well the mower wasn't running at the time so no singed hairs

I was using a camping tank with adapters to change the connections to 3/4 NPT, then hose barbs with clamps to connect the tubing going to the engine, with a ball valve in-line as a throttle/shut off

the valve was closed when I screwed on the tank to the adapter, and right after it was screwed on enough to started to release gas, it filled the tube with liquid propane, and blew it right off the barb

completely freaked me out....I had no idea how strong the pressure can get in those suckers

I haven't given up on the idea just yet, I'll certainly be using a regulator in the future, but it depends on what happens to the price of gasoline....if it stays at around the same level as this past summer it would probably be cheaper than propane, even when getting local refills

>thread hijack over
>>
>>1122914
>I had no idea how strong the pressure can get in those suckers

You can look up LP vapor pressure.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/propane-vapor-pressure-d_1020.html

If want run mower on LP, copy everyone who has succeeded then go enjoy your mower.
>>
>>1122867
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Camco-Brass-Water-Pressure-Regulator-40055/205518953

That's a hose adapter that regulates down to 40-50 psi. There are others that go inline.

As others have pointed out, you are using tubing that's designed for very low pressure.

Go visit a RV store and look at what they use.
>>
>>1122867
1. use pex, it's not that expensive and you can still use compression fittings (or sharkbite style push fittings), but make sure you use the inserts that brace the inside.
2. the leaks, joints, etc.
Did you use metal inserts to keep the plastic tubing from collapsing ? If not, the ferrules won't have anything sturdy to press against
>>
>>1122879
>>1123002
Shit, I already bought that and forgot to install it. Thanks.
>>1123011
I did use the inserts in every joint.
Is pex as flexible?
>>
>>1123021
>Shit, I already bought that and forgot to install it. Thanks.
kek

report back and see if that makes a difference
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.