[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello everyone! I am trying to put together a workshop for about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Hello everyone!

I am trying to put together a workshop for about 10 of my friends.
The purpose of the workshop is to have everyone build a small <15 dollar synth that will sound good and be fun an interesting to play with.
I've been looking at mostly 4046 based circuits, but haven't picked one out and want to get some other opinions.

some requirements
-Has to be relatively easy for someone with no soldering experience to build. Although there will be 3 pretty experienced individuals kinda helping everyone along.

-has to sound good! this is a major concern of mine, because i have yet to pitch this to everyone and i want to have nice clips of it that i can show everyone to get them on board. no atari punk console or anything 555 or 556 based cause that shit is garbage and everyone will be like hell no.

-<15 dollars. I think this should be doable

-While basic is cool i would like something geared more towards experimental audio. the bit ranger and castile from bastl are really neet with patch points

I think that's about it. Please ask if you have any questions.
>>
File: Capture.png (424KB, 977x576px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
424KB, 977x576px
>>1122651
>. no atari punk console or anything 555 or 556 based cause that shit is garbage and everyone will be like hell no.

There was an Atari Punk console building workshop in my city that sold out its 40 spots in a few days despite being women only and costing $75. People who have never soldered before are going to get high on just making something that beeps. Atari Punk also has name recognition; everybody with a passing interest in electronic music has heard of it.
>>
>>1122660
that looks like cool event.
i understand what you're saying, but i would really rather not.
>>
>>1122660
>if you identify as female
Makes me wonder if it were mainly trannies...

But yeah, name recognition is a thing. APC workshop is probably easier to market than random synth workshop.
>>
>>1122667
I mean this will just be my friends so no real need for "marketing" to them there won't be any name recognition kind of issues.
That's why i think they will be more interested and involved if i can show them something that actually sounds pleasing and that would be a little more interesting and engaging to play with besides just the standard two knobs.
If i try to find a more advanced circuit apc that would be more engaging i would just rather do something else all together
>>
>>1122671
>something that actually sounds pleasing
You're going to find that all synthesiser circuits just give you random noises that change as you fiddle with knobs. It doesn't start sounding like music until you add a sequencer (drum machine) to produce a beat. Even Atari punk console can sound pretty nice after that. You can build a simple one with a shift register; DIP Switch, and 555 or some other oscillator.
>>
>>1122651
good luck finding a synth design to these specs, hope you'll share what you find. seconding the sequencer, maybe a 4 step thing on the baby-10 design, since soldering 8 or 10 pots gets tedious...
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.