[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any idea how to get into this bastard light? Tried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: light fitting 2.png (640KB, 647x866px) Image search: [Google]
light fitting 2.png
640KB, 647x866px
Anyone have any idea how to get into this bastard light?

Tried leverage, unscrewing, just straight pulling it off, nothing seems to work
>>
File: light fitting 1.png (307KB, 328x580px) Image search: [Google]
light fitting 1.png
307KB, 328x580px
Further detail of the notches. The nubbin in the top one doesn't press down, twist or flip side to side in any direction.

I only want to change the fucking bulb but I'm about ready to just pull the whole thing right off
>>
>>1119487
the controller (diffuser) should rotate
the slot indicates where a tab will appear.
>>
>>1119495
Man I tried but it isn't budging
>>
File: twist harder, nigga.jpg (952KB, 2545x2700px) Image search: [Google]
twist harder, nigga.jpg
952KB, 2545x2700px
>>1119485
those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it
>>
>>1119485
Try a bayonet motion
>>
>>1119510
Nope that didn't work either

It's all plastic and totally inflexible
>>
>>1119514
grab the top part and bottom part and untwist them
>>
the general rule for these kind of fixtures is ''lift up then twist 120 degrees CCW"
>>
>>1119485
where is this located? i had one in my kitchen that wouldn't budge so i used a torch to expand the metal part and got it loose.
>>
>>1119506
I remember...
>>
Have one similar at parents house. The defuser is simply held on with spring clips. Pull down to remove.
>>
File: light fitting 3.png (319KB, 331x577px) Image search: [Google]
light fitting 3.png
319KB, 331x577px
>>1119618
It won't twist at all in any direction. There's no lip or anything

>>1119640
Bathroom. It's all plastic though so I don't think that'll work for mine

>>1119644
Gave it a go but it feels like it'd come out of the ceiling before the diffuser pops off.
>>
>>1119485
just break it and buy a new one
>>
I recently changed the lightbulb of bathroom lamp that looked similar. The "glass" was just hard plastic and had a ridge along its inside edge. The base had a rubber ring fitted around a cylinder that the glass went on top of, and the rubber ring fit into the ridge on the glass part. It was ridiculously hard to get off because of how tight the rubber fit, and the friction of it against the plastic.

Basically I wedged a flat-head screwdriver between the base and "glass", bent a little, did a lap around the whole edge, then did it again but twisting the screwdriver instead of bending it. It left sone marks but nothing broke.
>>
>>1119681
I'm close

>>1119687
Tried wedging a screwdriver into the notch but it just churned up the plastic

There is literally no space to get purchase anywhere else around where the diffuser meets the base

It's fucking impenetrable
>>
>>1119485
It twists off. Must be warped or something.
>>
Hey OP, I have a glass protector in my bathroom and it comes off just by pulling down. It is kept in place by 3 metal plates which bend when you pull. I have to use a lot of force to bend them down and pull the cover. Try doing that and see if anything happens. I can post a pic when I come home.
>>
>>1120116
Aight I'll wait for this but if it doesn't work I'm just going to take a hammer to it

Not even the building maintenance company knows how it comes off
>>
>>1119485
TWIST HARDER NIGGA
>>
I AM SMACKING IT WITH A HAMMER

IT WON'T DIE
>>
File: light guts.png (309KB, 326x577px) Image search: [Google]
light guts.png
309KB, 326x577px
Surprise TWIST ending: no twisting needed

diffuser fell off after smacking with the hammer, it was a pull-down one after all
>>
File: Good end.png (715KB, 646x861px) Image search: [Google]
Good end.png
715KB, 646x861px
Thanks /diy/
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.