[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most cost effective way to fix this hole in the side

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0320.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0320.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
What is the most cost effective way to fix this hole in the side of my foundation? I'm renting the house and I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. I also want to keep cats and other critters out as I keep hearing cats under the bathtub and found a dead opossum next to the hole the other day.
>>
Cover it with dirt
>>
>>1118922
Do you suggest I dig the dirt out of the back yard myself or buy/haul some dirt over here.
>>
>>1118922
The animals would just dig the dirt out...
>>
>>1118920

A lot of hardware stores give away studs (2x4"s) that don't meet quality standards. If you don't care if it does not look pretty grab some and slap em up.
>>
>>1118920
chickenwire
or some finer mesh grating
>>
>>1118927
how would I attach it to the concrete?
>>
>>1118928
masonry drill + inserts & screws

lol, didn't click on OPs pic, didn't see broken knocked down mesh
>>
>>1118929
What if I don't have a masonry drill?
>>
>>1118931
You wont be getting very far, and your drill will be getting mighty hot
>>
Starters: its an intentional hole in the foundation footings for access to the "crawlspace. You don't want to seal this area up air tight because it needs proper air flow for thermals. Also, as you can see, its where your plumbing runs and provides easy access to run cable lines if necessary.

What most people do is make a wooden "door" with nails and 2x4's and nestle it in the opening. Whoever put the wood there in the first place did that, the one board with a notch cut out was to account for those black pipes/conduit, the chicken wire was to provide additional meshing to keep critters out.

you need a handful of screws and maybe another length of wood to repair the gate. already there. A box of deck screws is about $8, a 2x4 is $3. You'll need a screwgun/drill, and perhaps a saw. These will last you a lifetime.
>>
>>1118920
Just buy some cinder blocks and stack them in the hole.
>>
>>1118920
Cinder blocks. They're around $1 each at big box stores.
>>
pile up some trash
>>
File: Capture.jpg (21KB, 527x627px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
21KB, 527x627px
Cut two pieces of treated plywood like image
slide longest one in first and then second one
screw together with gold drywall screws
liquid nail to wall
>>
>>1118920
>I AM RENTING THE HOUSE

you call the landlord and tell them to come fix it. the landlords job is to look after the well being of the house. that includes things like fixing the foundation, re shingling the roof, and plugging giant fucking holes
>>
>>1118920
You can work a computer but cant figure out how to block a 2 square foot hole.....
>>
>>1118920
nigger a bag of instant concrete is like 2 dollars where i work
>>
>>1122402
dumbass you need to be able to enter that crawlspace to service pipes and such
>>
expandafoam?
>>
>>1122412
>>1118934
Don't block the hole. These two are the correct answers, you need both access and ventilation under the house or it will be fug.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.