[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you lighten or change the color of a camouflage pattern?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: GWB_choc_chip_camo.jpg (60KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
GWB_choc_chip_camo.jpg
60KB, 640x423px
How do you lighten or change the color of a camouflage pattern?

I am thinking of changing the pattern of a (reproduction) Desert Battle Dress Uniform to a lighter color similar to Desert DPM or pic related in second post.

I might be mistaken, but bleaching seems like it would just genocide the camouflage. And I am not so sure how using dyes would mess up the pattern, especially the "chocolate chips" (black-white spots).
How should I go about achieving this?
>>
File: mec_3p_heavy2_c.jpg (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mec_3p_heavy2_c.jpg
1MB, 1024x1024px
This is the colorway that I am trying to achieve. It is not "red" like real Six Color Desert and has grey instead of brown-red splotches.

Replacing the brown-red with grey isn't necessary, all I am trying to do is reduce the overall "redness" of the pattern and make it sand-color shaded.
>>
>>1118646
>lighten
leave it out in the sun
>>
>>1118646
>how do I fade my tops and bottoms?

Step one: stop being a fat ass and wear the shit outside while doing manual labor.

In 6 months make another thread when for step two.
>>
I hear lemon juice and sunlight work well to lighten dyed clothes
>>
Wear them.
>>
Ad a small ammount of bleach to a bucket of water. Put your rags in and leave for a night. If effect is not strong enough, repeat.
Be carefull not to add too much, or they will turn white.
>>
Yeah, go easy on the bleach. or, holy fuck, wear them.

I'm still working off my issued accumulation of chocolate chips, DCUs and woodland BDUs. The pants make great shorts. I had mine hemmed for not much at the cleaners.
>>
>>1118905
>>1120473
>wear them

Boy I sure do like walking around wearing a Choco-chip BDU looking like an autist.

Besides, I can't go to work wearing them as our military stopped using DBDU a long time ago.

>>1121420
I guess turning the overall color to a sandy tan would be easy, but what about the prominent dark red/brown splotches? How can I turn them into a faded grey?
>>
File: img184.jpg (2MB, 2430x3450px) Image search: [Google]
img184.jpg
2MB, 2430x3450px
>>1118646
I know Czechslovak troops did in fact use bleach to make makeshift desert uniforms from dark green non-desert uniforms
but I suppose that's not really what you asked for
>>
>>1118646
A solution of hydrogen peroxide and water or bleach and water. Soak for a while then simply leave it out in the sun for good measure, then rinse with water.

I would try the peroxide first, because bleach tends to mess with dyes in more ways than just lightening them.
>>
>>1122460
Dye jobs on cammies usually fail. Brown to gray? Highly unlikely to work.

If you walk around in cammies in non-rural areas you are an autist. In rural areas, it's usually fine but perhaps not in your country.

You'll be satisfied after fucking up a couple of uniforms. Of course chocolate chips x "my country" is probably Iraq or Syria, so for militia use you don't need esthetics to avoid looking like the enemy. Bleach the fuck out of them in that case.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.