[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there is any magnet I can purchase, melt, and reshape, to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 71qcL4D3IcL._SL1500_.jpg (127KB, 1500x1497px) Image search: [Google]
71qcL4D3IcL._SL1500_.jpg
127KB, 1500x1497px
is there is any magnet I can purchase, melt, and reshape, to hold its magnetic charge?
>>
>>1117517
no
>>
>>1117517
you buy magnetic materials,shape them, then magnetize them permanently with an electromaget
>>
>melt
no
, unless its like a ferrous plastic

or you can make a 2 part epoxy using metal shavings/powder

heat kills magnet
fuckin miracles
>>
>>1117517
No. But if you have an elecrromagbet or a bigger magbwt you xouls remagnetize the xooled magbet after melting
>>
>>1117750
Go to bed, youre drunk.
>>
You make the shape/part you want then you friction fit a magnet into a milled opening.
>>
>>1117517
None that you can handle. If you want to know more lookup Curie Temperature
>>
>>1118145
do you want to deal with the nightmare of molten magnetic metals??!? All it would take is some neighbor kids suddenly powering up their subwoofers and you'll be needled/bladed/melted and the forensic police will not be able to tell what happened.

Only thing that I can think of that matches what you want would be extremely strong magnets in tiny small spheres coated with hight grade insulating ceramic with a low melting point plastic coating. You can melt it to any shape/mold, allow to solidify, and then use the resulting still magnetic shape.
>>
>>1117517
Every metal loses its magnetization well before they melt. Iron is magnetic because the poles orient and stick that way, but those bonds losen up very easily. Melting lets the atoms (and in return the poles of the atoms) slide around like crazy so there's no way to keep them magnetized.

That being said, remagnetizing iron or other ferrous metals is super easy so that's probably the direction you need to go for whatever you're doing.
>>
>>1117517
If you described how, exactly, this molten magnet relates to your dragon dildo mold we could be of much greater use.
>>
File: kenneth_bone-1.jpg (134KB, 409x402px) Image search: [Google]
kenneth_bone-1.jpg
134KB, 409x402px
>>1118847
Yes... but the curie temps for good high strength (rare earth) mags are typically 100-200C. Thermoplastics liquidus temp will be no less than 200C; the ceramic layer around the microspheres would have to be quite large to prevent the magnetic core from getting too hot.

Also you're solving a problem that doesnt exist, we can cast magnetite and remagnetize just fine. And most rare earth magnets are milled to the appropriate size
>>
>>1118847
>You can melt it to any shape/mold, allow to solidify, and then use the resulting still magnetic shape.

This would not work, for the same reason you can't have a true liquid magnet. All of the individual magnets would align themselves such that they complete their own magnetic circuits within the whole volume. While there might be some significant, localized fields at the surface of the object, the bulk magnetic field will be nothing or close to it.
>>
>>1119183
Also this, good point which I hadnt even considered, as soon as you melt it all the magnetic domains will unpolarize
>>
Mix Sugru and metal shavings/filings
2:1 ratio Sugru to metal.
Luck will vary depending on the metal, and how well the Sugru cures.
Made magnetic key holders for the home using this method.
>>
>>1118847

> suspiciously sounds like this thread belongs in /k/

> sounds like some kinda energy weapon he's building
>>
>>1117517
Yes. But it's made of Unobtainium.
>>
All everyone ever does on this board is make up bullshit and act like they are experts.
Does this answer your question op?
https://youtu.be/qI1FpsjLlqM
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.