[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats up /diy/ I found a hole in the market for a very specific

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

whats up /diy/

I found a hole in the market for a very specific hobby

hobby is mostly dominated by old tech illiterate people

I have an idea for a product that is based on a raspberry pi zero
very original I know

but currently I have 2 problems:

the battery- is there any information on ways to do this? do you guys have any suggestions? right now my idea is to use a cellphone battery
but as i understand it it then I'll need a charging circuit?

My next issue is a screen. I've decided that the screen would have to be at least 4.3 inches
but not any bigger than 6.5 inchesand capactive.
resistave touch screes wont work.
there seems to be a hole mess of different screens out there but no capactive screens in the 4.5 in. - 6.5 in. market.
is there any specific reason for this?
if any one knows any definitive guide to touch screens on the pi that would be great.
also ways of wiring 40 pin screens to the pi? is this possible?

sorry English isn't my first language
>>
>>1116558
>I found a hole in the market for a very specific hobby
>hobby is mostly dominated by old tech illiterate people
what hobby?
>>
File: 2017-01-17 11.00.52.jpg (236KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-17 11.00.52.jpg
236KB, 600x600px
Well, this is starting out good.
>>
>>1116569
Thanks! Was looking for my /diy/bingo board.
>>
>>1116562
Sailplanes
>>1116569
I know I know extra cliché
>>
>>1116573
Any battery pack that give off 5v and at least 2 amps if you are powering both the screen and the Pi. As for the screen you can hook any screen with HDMI up to it. There are a few small screens that hook up to the RPi directly but they are mostly touch screens
>>
>>1116575
No extra voltage is needed when a screen is added?
>>
>>1116577
It depends on the screen, with some of them they can be powered via RPi, look up the GPIO of the RPi you are using and it should tell you the voltage. Though some screens will have to be powered externally, either through a different power bank or through another micro USB. It just depends because each screen is different.
>>
>>1116569
Literal cancer. If all you have to contribute is some /g/ tier meme image, you need to fuck off.

>>1116571
> I'm so fucking stupid I can't even image search my shitpost material
Feel free to kill yourself as well my good man.
>>
>>1116735
Sounds like baby boy is a little cranky. Did you miss your nap time today?
>>
>>1116706
What if I use the adafruit kippah that makes 40 pin connectors to gpio
>>
>>1116558

Certification for devices is a nightmare to begin with, throw batteries and wifi in it and it only gets worse.

You might be better off starting with a cheap tablet and adding your own hardware through micro-USB.
>>
>>1116558
>illiterate people
>>1116573
>Sailplanes

I doubt many sailplane pilots are illiterate.
>>
>>1116558
>the battery- is there any information on ways to do this?
Yes there is, google is literally fucking full to the brim with raspberry pi projects that involve batteries, I've done one successfully, but i'm not gonna link you because it's super easy to find and i'm not enabling you.

>>1116558
>hobby is mostly dominated by old tech illiterate people
and lazy cunts like you who don't want to do any fucking research, and want to be handed a hand full of URLs.

Research and theorising is the most time consuming and difficult part of making something from scratch. Put your thinking cap on, if you can find it under all your dunce caps.
>>
>>1116761

He is right tho.
>>
>>1118383
Good on you, fuck enabling. Faggots just need to type google.com and ask any question they would post on any kind of board/forum and ask google instead. 99.9 of the time there you go. Especially for something pretty mainstream as a pi. I have a pi2 and anything I have ever wanted to know google provided.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.