[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we design a bullet proof mask that actually works well Ill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 17

File: file.png (57KB, 693x670px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
57KB, 693x670px
ITT we design a bullet proof mask that actually works well
Ill start with a shape
only issue i can think of is poor downward vision
would do well at deflecting bullets from the lower portion of your head
>>
File: kill.jpg (10KB, 250x241px)
kill.jpg
10KB, 250x241px
>>1114740
nice mask you got there faggot
>>
>>1114740
Just use a helmet that cover all the head with a vr headset inside and some cameras on it and on the gun.
>>
>>1114744
obviously no design will be perfect at preventing a hit but that might do an ok job at protecting the lower jaw without fucking your vision too bad
anything angular above the top half would completely fuck your vision up
>>
>>1114745
yeah but then if you get shot you just go blind 90% of the time
>>
File: tmp_11612-images735329877.jpg (10KB, 176x286px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11612-images735329877.jpg
10KB, 176x286px
>>
lots of exprimental US helmets were done pre 1945
>>
File: file.png (112KB, 1176x755px)
file.png
112KB, 1176x755px
>>1114752
Something like this might work as well, if you use steep angular planes on all parts of the head meeting at one point it might deflect around the helmet well
>>
Paint your face with line x problem solved
>>
>>1114753
round planes like that aren't that great at deflecting force around the head though. Also a protective helmet for snipers like that is pretty stupid and unnecessary
>>
>>1114749
Why? Cameras can be smaller than eyes, it would be more difficult to fire someone at the camera than at someone's eye. Plus you can have multiple cameras, not only on your head, if one gets hit you can just switch to other one. The only problem would be EMP bombs or other things that can disrupt the cameras or the circuits.
Also, by having a camera on your gun you can shoot it while taking cover and it opens the door for augmented reality and oter things that could increase your chances of survival.
>>
>>1114740
Excellent design. Now, the bullet that may have harmlessly whizzed right past that guy's face is now lodged in his neck or upper chest.
>>
OP is clueless. Go study body armor and how bullets penetrate. Hint: you aren't gonna make an effective mask out of sheet metal, or metal at all if you want to support it under your own power.

ITT go look at military helmets with mandible protection. They are composite. Metal is fail. If you are just cosplaying use plastic, fiberglass etc.

If you need this for combat I suggest better use of cover instead.

Examples of how many things behave when shot:

http://www.theboxotruth.com/
>>
>>1114776
I never said it would be metal
I was thinking of making one out of layered fiberglass mats epoxied together.
>>
>>1114762
The force of a bullet hitting the mask would likely shatter the camera lenses or break complex circuitry inside them
>>
You can't make an EOD helmet. If you want that level of protection, cough up the cash and buy one. Part of ethical /diy/ advice is educating the ignorant.

These are comfy. I modeled one for a demo and I'd wear it myself if needed:

https://www.revisionmilitary.com/products/head-systems/view-products/
>>
>>1114781
>I was thinking of making one out of layered fiberglass mats epoxied together.

Like a boat hull... Won't work for bullets but will work for cosplay.
>>
>>1114784
Layered compressed fiberglass sheets work well to stop up to heavy pistol calibers
>>
>>1114785
But that ain't the hand laid shit you'd make from auto store supplies either.

Since you don't believe me, the way to test would be to fabricate some test coupons, shoot them, and measure results. Any scientific assertion is testable.

http://www.securitymagazine.com/articles/77022-fiberglass-as-armor-sure-1

You can learn how those laminates are made and attempt to copy them, but the investment will be substantial.
>>
>>1114785
You will also need to make your helmet a helmet shape and maintain ballistic integrity. Bring money. What one man can do, another can do, given enough time, shop equipment and cash, but it's not really a /diy/ exercise unless you have buckets of cash.

If you have buckets of cash, check with a contractor and submit your personal design for a quote.
>>
>>1114787
https://youtu.be/_7jiIQOgwtI
>>
Interesting process which may suit your needs:

http://www.fiberforge.com/documents/Hybrid-Thermoplastic-Composite-Ballistic-Helmet-Fabrication-Study.pdf
>>
>>1114790
That's not a helmet and not conventional fiberglass /diy/ construction.
>>
>>1114793
You can do literally the exact same process with a different shaped plate and press it differently
>>
Keep in mind this thread is about designing the helmet, not building it. The one I'll be building personally won't be the same material or use the same process as an actual bulletproof mask. I'd probably build it out of Kevlar and use fancy diys and shit to make these comercially
>>
A shape like this might work well for a shot directly towards the face, but a shot perpendicular to the plate would fuck you up really bad
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 1524x1124px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 1524x1124px
>>1114801
Forgot pic
Also wouldn't deflect bullets into your neck like an anon pointed out because it's angled upwards
>>
Mheh, there is ton of UHMWPE on ebay (not cheap though), one guy is even selling huge chunk of his conveyor belt which is 1/2" thick which is enough to stop rifle rounds and you can make whole body riot armor with his lot, alebaster dummies and good heatgun.
>>
File: 1484428168882s.jpg (10KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1484428168882s.jpg
10KB, 250x241px
>>
File: real historical helmet.jpg (26KB, 236x344px) Image search: [Google]
real historical helmet.jpg
26KB, 236x344px
>>1114753
>>
>>1114831
Good design but i think it might limit vision too much
>>
>>
>>1114832
Kek

>this is also my first post ever on this board say hi to me anons
>>
Ok. Guys. Guys. Listen.

Guys. What if. What if.. Magnets. Just like, super strong magnets all over your head. Magnets that are so strong that, regardless of the bullet's polarity, the magnets either grab the bullet right there and no damage is done, or they repulse the bullet away back at the shooter?
>>
>>1115049
Genius

Post nr. 2 btw
>>
>>1114747
Why would you want to protect your lower jaw over your brain and eyes?
>>
>Why would you want to protect your lower jaw over your brain and eyes?

you cant suck cock using your brain or eyes, duh!
>>
>>1114740
theres no such thing as "bullet proof" for head gear, even if you make something that'll stop a bullet the force is going to turn your brain to mush.
>>
>>1115069

>2017
>not using kinesis instead of masterbation
>>
The biggest obstacle is preventing bullet fragments from going straight towards your neck. Add a collar around the bottom. Make sure you have sufficient padding inside to prevent blunt trauma.
As for materials, From outside in I would recommend layers of rubber coating, ceramic then steel. Just steel and rubber if for mass production
>>
File: YrTpiY2.png (875KB, 968x745px)
YrTpiY2.png
875KB, 968x745px
>>1114740
>Protects the jaw instead of the fore head
Bane please
>>
File: helmet prtscr.jpg (110KB, 435x491px) Image search: [Google]
helmet prtscr.jpg
110KB, 435x491px
>>1114832
>>
>>1115066
Obviously OP likes to talk without thinking.
>>
>grappling hook
>batman gauntlets
>theatrical smoke propellant
>low-power rail gun
>bulletproof mask
These have got to all be made by the same anon, right? It just can't be coincidence we get these threads all within the same month...right?
>>
>>1115226
You don't know the waters you tread anon.
Be careful.
>>
>>1115240
Seems like the waters I tread are the same waters highschoolers tread while on winter break.
>>
>>1115177
kek
>>
>>1115049
Magnets don't work with lead
>>
>>1115226
Don't forget Project Penor and the aerosol hot water spray can. This is going to be one hell of a super hero.
>>
>>1115250
Shut up, dad.
>>
>>1114782
Obviously you wouldn't screw the cameras behind front plate without any shock absorbent, specially if it's made of metal, the shockwave traveling through it would wreck the camera, I believe they could be cushioned in some way, I think it has potential.
Anyway, it's still better than a mask with holes for the eyes, if you get hit with one of this in that precise spot your camera will be useless and you'll have to remove your helmet, but with a conventional mask you would be dead or in agonizing pain.
I won't ditch the idea easily, I think it has potential and the benefits, like augmented reality or the possibility of operating weapons with cameras in place of sights while taking cover (which is one of the main reasons you get hit in the face in the first place, as you have to get your head out to see what is going on), outmatch the disadvantages.
>>
File: deadmau5-006.jpg (311KB, 1035x702px)
deadmau5-006.jpg
311KB, 1035x702px
>>
>>1114740
Don't these masks already exist? I swear i've seen swat guys with blank featureless masks that look like >>1114754
>>
>>1115280
Shut up, you little pussy. Use a fucking lead magnet. Jesus. It's not rocket surgery.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>1115586
Yes, they just stop the bullet, but it must feel like a direct punch from a boxer and the eyes are not protected.
>>
Have you fucking retards completely forgotten that bulletproof glass exists? Just use that for the visor/eyeholes.
>>
>>1115606
a guy by the name of demolition ranch did a few tests on a mask like that on youtube.

p interesting.
>>
>>1115634
>Retard detected

Have you seen what happens to bullet proof glass when it's struck by a bullet?

I mean in real life, not in Call of Duty.
>>
File: GM-IIIA_01.jpg (188KB, 1508x1005px) Image search: [Google]
GM-IIIA_01.jpg
188KB, 1508x1005px
>>1114740
have fun getting shot in the eye
>>
>>1115640
Stops anything under a .500 S&W pre sure
>>
>>1115606
Yeah, you wont shrug off a bullet to the face, wearing that might make the bullet deflect, and will result in you feeling that someone shot that mask at you at 200 m/s to the face.
>>
>>1114740
>bullet ricochets off chin
>straight into your chest
>>
>>1115942
>wearing face armor before wearing body armor

kids these days
>>
Alrighty listen here you very very stupid nigger.
Trying to deflect the bullet is not the right way to go. That's not how kevlar/composite armor works. Also this shit already exists so I dunno what you're trying to accomplish
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.