[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought this drill at a second hand tool store in Japan because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

I bought this drill at a second hand tool store in Japan because I need a drill and it was dirt cheap. When I saw it I imagined it was some kind of specialized drill, but since they didn't have any regular power drills in the shop and it was under $20 I decided to get it anyway.

My question is, what kind of drill is it? I've done some searching and I have no idea.

It's a Makita (Japanese model 6800).

More pics inc.
>>
>>1114514
>>
>>1114514
cont.
>>
>>1114514
Im no drill expert but theres probably nothing special about it other than more power than your average house hold drill.
>>
File: 1483343019409.gif (1MB, 219x199px) Image search: [Google]
1483343019409.gif
1MB, 219x199px
>>1114526
doesn't look like a 'drill' looks more like a reversible power driver. it's pretty damn old to have a setscrew hold the bit in place.

to use it as a drill you'd need a chuck, and it doesn't look like it has one. maybe it had the option of one judging by the threading and knurled collar at the top.
>>
>>1114532
2500 rpm, that would be a hell of a power driver. It does come with a reverse however.

Judging from the body you can put some force on the thing, for drilling.

But I think you are right about the absent chuck. Might be that there once was an attachable one you could screw onto that thread and then lock with the ring.
>>
>>1114514
That spring up front.
The way the handle is positioned.

The Katakana wording.
decode it and google.

Hammer Drill.
Hope you have 100VAC to run it with.
Yes, it will likely work on 110 VAC 50/60 Cycle.
>>
>>1114532
>>1114535
Thanks guys. Looks like I definitely jumped the gun on this one. These guys are a dime a dozen on Yahoo auctions, even the newer models (though I prefer the metal casing to the modern blue plastic). They're literally going for under $10 each. Must be a popular tool among Japanese tradies.

I'll have to get a proper drill then and only bust this out for the rare occasion (probably never) I have to do some really heavy duty driving.
>>
>>1114536
I thought it might be something like that at first glance, bit I just checked the katakana and it says:

"Makita
Screwdriver
Model 6800"
>>
>>1114536
It's a brushed motor, you could run it on dc because it's self commutating
>>
>>1114538
You can definitely still use it as a drill, you'll just need to go grab a set of driver drill bits
>>
>>1114539
Hmm.. Spring could be for a clutch then?
>>
>>1114549
Oh dang, that's perfect. Another amateur question, any idea how to get the drill bit out? There seems to be some kind of C clip on the bit connection (since it's not a chuck I have no idea what to call it.)

Other than that, there's a ring on the thread holding back the spring, which I assume is for controlling torque or something like that, but I generally don't like to mess with spring-loaded things until I know exactly what they do.

>>1114552
Good thinking. I have no idea what it is desu. All I know is the spring loosens and tightens when I turn the ring holding it in place but I haven't really touched it too much.
>>
>>1114569
See that round hole there? That's a set screw, you take it out with a hex wrench aka allan key

You can get a set of allan keys for about $2
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-14-09-51-31.jpg (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-14-09-51-31.jpg
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>1114569
This is the set screw

Loosen it to take the bit out
>>
>>1114573
Awesome, you guys are legends. Thanks.
>>
looks like a threading/tapping drill but the rippims are too high.
See BASED as fuck Leaf "Ave" on youtube.
he did a vijdia on that drill
>>
it's a power screwdriver, but the bit holder is missing, it can still hold bits but it will sooner or later break because of the tension, also at 2500 rpm you could try and adapt any other drill bit holder so you can use it with sockets and remove tires (although not as efficiently as dedicated tools, but it will do the work)
>>
Why does a thread like this get so many replies.

It's some old shit Makita drill that's still laying around in waste.
>>
Dont ever ground yourself or that pos will shock the piss out of you
>>
Old school impact driver.
>>
>>1115840
Your mom is an old school impact driver
>>
File: 6800BH.jpg (297KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
6800BH.jpg
297KB, 600x450px
>>1115840
It's not.

>>1115532
Old tools, new tools, tools all the same; you learn to appreciate them when they're the key to your bread and butter. We don't all live by the bank of mommy and daddy I'm afraid so people tend to have a soft spot for things like this.

>>1115500
It's not so much a bit holder as it is a depth stop; I'd imagine however you can get still get it as it looks similar to the more modern counterpart. Pic related.
>>
>>1114538
>Yahoo auctions

How hard was it to get it shipped. I've looked at things on there but have no idea if shipping is feasible. Mostly interested in much larger items.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.