[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/ new to this board, as well as /fit/, trying to better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 20170110_222905.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170110_222905.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Hey /diy/ new to this board, as well as /fit/, trying to better myself now a days and am fixing things around the house.

I need to remove this top part but I'm not sure if there is a way to take off the old piece and replace it with my new one. Or if I should cut the pipe off at the top and cut again somewhere else to extend it back to its original hight and add my new piece onto the freshly cut part.

Any thoughts, tips, and/or advice would be appreciated. Thanks fellas
>>
That's pvc, right? if it's glued, it's not coming apart, gonna have to get yourself a PVC cutter (or a small sawzall I guess) and cut it.
>>
>>1112775
PVC and glue is cheap
Cut it back and glue a new piece in
>>
>>1112777
Hacksaws make quick work of it
>>
>>1112777

Thanks guys, I figured as much with that glue but I wasn't sure if there was a way to get it off other than cutting. Is there pvc pipe glue I should look for ? Also nice trips get

>>1112779
>>
>>1112781
>Is there pvc pipe glue I should look for ?

Its in the plumbing isle right next to the PVC. Once its on its not coming off
>>
If the total length is important you'll need to add pipe to make up for what you cut off

to do that you need the end part (dropear elbow) a coupler and a short piece of the same size pvc
>>
>>1112781
Yes, there's a brand that comes in a set of two. A cement, and some prepping shit. It also comes in a spray, but the spray sucks. Use whichever.

Also, buy PVC cutters. They're useful for cutting other things after you are done with your PVC project, and do a much, much cleaner cut than a hacksaw. If you have a table saw, a sawzall, or a hacksaw already, disregard.
>>
Op update

It's all set, pipe cut, glue set, and water flowing.

Thanks for the help guys
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.