[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, /diy/ I have a Z97 G.1 Sniper mobo, it has all this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 10129_src.png (394KB, 1000x778px) Image search: [Google]
10129_src.png
394KB, 1000x778px
Hello, /diy/

I have a Z97 G.1 Sniper mobo, it has all this fancy audio crap on it like a "TI Burr Brown OPA2134" op-amp, extra shielding, isolation from main mobo, gold-plated back connectors, etc. The issue is, all that crap doesn't work, I have a Shure SRH440 and whenever I plug it into the amped port I can hear hissing, the un-amped port doesn't provide enough power for the headphones, the cable is 3 meters long and does pass by some potential sources of noise, but I'm pretty sure it's the computer since when I put the GPU under load I can hear the hissing amplify and change, what can I do to insulate the sound section of the board better? Would changing the op-amp produce better results?

link to the mobo: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4952#ov

I believe the problem here is that the GPU is directly on the exposed op-amp and the 2 gain switches

any ideas that don't involve buying an external DAC or sound card?

>inb4 go to /g/

/g/ is full of inbred retards that only care about smartphones and loonix and won't reply if I ask them questions about modding a mobo
>>
>>1112415

A BJT opamp might have less downmixing of the RF shit from the GPU. But it doesn't need to be the opamp, the audio processor DAC could be fucking it up.

A PC is a lousy environment for audio hardware.
>>
>>1112420
the un-amped port that comes straight from the SoundCore3DSuckMyAss chip is absolutely quiet, and I can't hear anything at all under any load. Also it has this metallic shield thing on it, sadly it's not very loud.

>a PC is a lousy environment for audio hardware

I've heard that before.

>BJT opamp
Any suggestions?
>>
>>1112426
Get an external DAC if it really bothers you that much.
>>
>>1112426

For some BJT opamps, depends on what you can easily get. Here's a list of some :

http://nwavguy.blogspot.nl/2011/08/op-amp-measurements.html

You could try a cheap external headphone amp like the HA400 too.
>>
Hey man. One of the best things about MSI boards is that they still come with the TOSLINK optical output. See if yours has one.

Then get some optical to analog converter, which will be COMPLETELY shielded from the computers noise. As long as it doesn't introduce its own noise you'll be golden
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.