[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a humidifier recommendations for a 2 bedroom apartment.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: dsg.jpg (115KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
dsg.jpg
115KB, 1500x1500px
Looking for a humidifier recommendations for a 2 bedroom apartment.

Our landlord wont allow me to install a proper furnace mount humidifier. Even though I was the one who fixed a busted pipe in my own place when he was trying to be a cheap ass and wait a few days for "his guy" to come out.

Anyway, I would need a portable unit type. Our intake is in the back of the apartment on the ceiling.
Can I place the humidifier back there, and either elevate it, or attach a flex duct to have it suck in the moisture work?
Would this ruin the filter?
Is that the best placement?
What's a good humidifier?
>>
we have a air innovations from home depot. use distilled water. $60. had it 3+ years. like it.
>>
>>1111722
How does that differ from a humidifier?

I need something to cover 2,500ft
>>
>>1111711
>>1111722
distilled water does wonders on both ultra sonic and heating types.

you don't have to use distilled water, but you will have to clean out mineral deposits if you don't.

i would just leave it out and not worry about attaching it to the duct work. no need humidifying everyone elses apartment, granted your always going to lose moisture to the cold air return.

i have a 15 year old honeywell that has served me well over the years. i don't run it non stop though, mainly i just use it when someone in the house gets sick or sinuses start acting up.

don't leave it near a wall, it will damage wall paper and make it start to peal away. also 304 grade stainless will rust if left next to one for a week.

think of your security deposit you best bet is to leave it in the middle of a room and just let air circulate on its own.
>>
>>1111739
What would you recommend in the sub $200 range?
>>
We use several to maintain a printshop in a larger office and warehouse building. http://www.houzz.com/photos/45785843/Essick-Air-Whole-House-Humidifier-traditional-humidifiers

Andhttps://www.bing.com/images/shop/search?view=detailv2&q=lasky%20humidifier&id=8C56F0F2E3EBF5DA8B1DD4D5648CF69E010DF138&ccid=S0ySyp9a&simid=608046746268730106&selectedIndex=1&form=IMGSHP&mode=serp&PC=MOZB

The essick used to have a plumb into the water piping kit but it has been discontinued. The Lasky ca hold far more water than it's supposed to to keep it running longer between fills. It also circulates the water which keeps it working longer with a partially scale encrusted filter.
>>
>>1111740

i would recommend this, seems to be a newer version of what i have. removable tanks, auto shut off with humidity control, holds enough water for 24 hour operation.

if my current old ass honeywell shit the bed tomorrow, this is what i'd replace it with without hesitation. even better is this one has 2 1.5 gallon tanks where my current one only has one 2.5 gallon tank

just leave it 4-5 feet away from a wall and your good

http://www.honeywellstore.com/store/products/honeywell-hcm-6009-quiet-care-cool-moisture-console-humidifier-9-gallon.htm
>>
>>1111754
I have one of those and would recommend it as well. Replacement wicks are $13 on amazon. I would also suggest a bacteriostat treatment.
>>
>>1111754
This one seems very loud at high speed, 55dB

Are they all like this, or are there quieter models?
>>
Anyone else want to have appliance cockfights?

Like, in one corner you have a Maytag humidifier... In the other, a Coleman dehumidifier!

Place your bets and may the best appliance win!!!

I think that's how OP should find the best humidifier
>>
Looked at Lasko, Honeywell, Essicks, AIRCARE, all have bad reviews. I mean some are good, but the bad ones all say the same thing, and make me worried about ever buying one.
Loud, plastic rattling, cheap build quality, missing parts, arrived broken, arrived used, broke after 1 day or 1 month, etc.

I have a small half gallon ultrasonic in my room, its quite, but its designed for 100ft2

Is there another kind of humidifier I can look into that's not so cheap?
$200 seems to be the ceiling for these portable kinds, and even the higher priced ones have the same bad reviews.
>>
100 gallon fish tank
>>
File: sdg.jpg (62KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sdg.jpg
62KB, 1200x1200px
Ended up buying this EP9 800 from Menards, they priced matched it to Amazon.

Yes, its cheap, but works. Sounds like a washing machine at full fan speed.

We'll see how well it humidifies.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.