[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work at a granite shop and need to build something to collect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: runoff1.jpg (2MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
runoff1.jpg
2MB, 2016x1512px
I work at a granite shop and need to build something to collect all the runoff that the saw makes. Right now when I power wash the floor and have it running into a little trench that I dug a while back but its a pain in the ass to clean up. Any ideas diy?
>>
>>1111114
Make a trench that is wide enough for a shovel to fit and scrape it out.

The debris your cutting makes is so fine and results in a slurry it would be hard to seperate out the solids from the liquids, in any cost effective way.
I mean you could have the trench drain to into a collection cart. Let the mix settle out, then drain off the water fraction an leave the rest.

Or collect all the run off. Boil off the water and be left with the silt to do with as you please.

Or use a serries of sluses and felt like hobby gold miners uss.
Or a serries of mesh screed settling tanks .

But if all your truing to do is collect and dispose of runn off. Your current system sounds fine , if laborious
>>
>>1111114
Use a shop vac to get the dust instead of water.
>>
>>1111125
I dont mind cleaning it Im more worried about osha paying us a visit and having a conniption fit if they see all the waste going off into the ground, should have mentioned that in the op
>>
>>1111114
get some 3-5" PVC pipe and split it in half lengthwise for a trough with a slope, buy fittings to route wastewater where you can dispose of it
>>
>>1111142
As long as it has a grate over it, and is marked with a red ( if dont walk) or yellow (for caution) boarder with some sinage about wet area and slip hazard they wont care.

Have some grate gut to the right size, and make it so you can lift it out section by section.

Osha is just safety. So they should have no problems.

They may say that the dust exposure warents the use of reperators or paprs but that eould be about it
Epa is who will police for discharges
. In your trench if you make some small walls and inch or 2 high the water will flow over but the solids will settle. Like a sluse box.

By the end the water should be clear enough them just cover the drain with some geotextile that will let the water though but not the silt. ( if your trying to discharge only clear water.)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.