[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work at a small town hardware store. I've been there for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: home.jpg (21KB, 300x150px) Image search: [Google]
home.jpg
21KB, 300x150px
I work at a small town hardware store. I've been there for quite some time and am working there alongside another job through college. AMA

Also, general job secrets thread
>>
i volunteer at a senior's home.
i come in your grandmother.
>>
>>1110512
How do you manage to do college full time and multiple jobs?

Another question: How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the wood chuck was Chuck Norris?
>>
>>1110515
I want to die is how. I work at my hardware store 3 days a week, my other job as an accountant for the state the other 4 days, class 5 days a week. the accounting job is through my school so they are condusive to my schedule, as is the hardware store, like I said, small town and I do very good by my boss/the owner

also a lot.

>>1110516
I cum on your nuts and bolts. works like threadlock

>>1110517
see >>1110515
>>
>>1110517
>How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the wood chuck was Chuck Norris?

a l l . o f . i t
>>
>>1110519
I wanna make some money but dont want a job cuz jobs for plebs so i can help pay off my uni tuition. So im still thinking of a way
>>
>>1110524
how about growing the fuck up m8. I live in New York, LI more specifically, one of the most expensive places in the country (and thereby the world) to live. If i can do it here you can do it there (I'm assuming the UK based on 'uni')

We're generation Z, we're supposed to be better
>>
>>1110525
Im in Iowa, the potholed breadbasket of this country. Jobs just dont pay enough, and college isnt exactly cheap either
>>
>>1110527
>what is the Navy
>what is the Army
>what is the Air Force
>what is the Marine Corps
>what is the Coast Guard

Join up.
See the world.
Put your skills to use.
Make money.
Use the G.I. and post 9/11 bills to get free tuition after 4 years

I don't see the issue
>>
>>1110528
Nah im thinking something non military, and besides im right in the middle of school
>>
>>1110530
you have until you're 29 anon. If i wasn't on scholarship at school I would be.
>>
>>1110512
I wish to know how this app works
>>
>>1110531
But i am on scholarships though. First year paid off completely. I just need something a little more on the side, but not a job exactly. Like youtube or some shit
>>
>>1110533
if you wanna make money off youtube you need to consistently upload quality content for several years.
>>
>>1110535
Shit I guess the cards are stacked against me then
>>
>>1110533
>I just need something a little more on the side, but not a job exactly.

just get on food stamps
>>
>>1110538
This or learn to make cash grab iOS gaymes.
>>
>>1110538
but muh pride
>>
>>1110539
Thought of this option but too retarded to code game and dont know where to start learning about that/ it would take too long to learn
>>
>>1110528
>I don't see the issue

The potential of destroying your mind, destroying your body, or even worse having to be deployed somewhere awful.

Or if you get lucky you end up with a terrible mind numbingly boring job for 4 years.
>>
>>1110541
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/
Give it a month of real effort in your off time. Its not hard like you think it is.
With java under your belt, you can easily make Android apps. Android gives you extremely easy to use visual SDK to build your shit.

Im not sure what IOS uses, but going from one programming language to the other is just changing syntax and isnt that hard.
>>
>>1110512
I lived in a small ass town. The True Value was fucking awesome. Had stock of some stuff dating back 30-40 years.

They also sold guns and ammo.
The other True Value in the slightly larger town over didnt have anything old in it though. So its pretty hit and miss.
>>
>>1110546
So you're saying this site has everything I need to learn to make a cash grabber goyme?
>>
>>1110550
This site (the official Java site) will teach you the basics of the programming language Java.

Android is built on Java
Once you grasp and understand it, all you need to do is use the Android Studio to start making apps.

You will need to learn Android Studio, but shit is really easy when you have a basic grasp on Java.
>>
>>1110561
Okay, thanks anon for the point in the right direction. What about programming for iOS? I heard the Play Store is restrictive on what can be sold
>>
>>1110532
>how this app works
You can't download it. It has to be hard wared in.
>>
>>1110566
what app?
>>
File: TrueValue.jpg (4KB, 250x125px) Image search: [Google]
TrueValue.jpg
4KB, 250x125px
>>1110567
The TrueValue app

see >>1110532
>>>1110512 (OP)
>I wish to know how this app works
>>
>>1110565
Both stores are restrictive in their own ways, but Android is for sure less restrictive and more wild west of the two.

IOS will have its own development kit, and I think they use their own language called Swift.

If you are going to be running just IOS and never android you can just learn Swift instead of Java.

But really, Java is a decent first language that is useful for all types of stuff not just android. And you can easily jump from Java to other languages once you have some experience. Its just learning new syntax. After a while, programming is programming.
>>
>>1110570
Why would anon need a truevalue app?
>>
>>1110572
>Why would anon need a truevalue app?

Push notifications for that great sale on snow shovels
>>
>>1110571
>le me thinking that i needed to go to 4 years of school to make a game
>only need a month on javas site
>>
File: 378330781.png (362KB, 1023x765px) Image search: [Google]
378330781.png
362KB, 1023x765px
>>1110566
>>how this app works
>You can't download it. It has to be hard wared in.

I was wrong. You can download it.
>>
>>1110575
Within that first month youll get to a point knowing whether you are into it or not.
Im a hands on learner and never thought I could do it, but a friend with a Compsci degree convinced me to at least try.

Here I am a few years later learning it in college after being NEET for a while. Feels good
>>
>>1110580
Oh sweet that's rad bro, thanks
>>
What do you make and how is the store doing overall?
>>
>>1110614
I make $11/hr and all in all we do very well My town is a summer town and we easily clear 1.5m in a year. Being as i am an accountant for the state i also do most of the store's accounting
>>
>>1110512
Any good "old man" style pocket knives?
I know some of the old hardware stores have old stock still and im always looking...
>>
>>1111742
we sell only buck. I imagine you mean a pen knife. I'd recommend a Buck 110 or Gent
>>
>>1110542
Then go get a job and pay for your education yourself. Nothing is free in this world, friend.
>>
>>1111756
Buck isn't bad but I was hoping for some old USA Schrade or vintage Case.
Unless there's USA Buck stockman knives there...
>>
>>1110574
Kek
>>
>>1110542
Choose wisely and you'll destroy nothing (on you, anyway). Don't join the Army or Marines. Don't even consider the Army or Marines.

Do pick a good career field. Do not generalize and think "the military" is all Sand Box tours.

Don't choose a mind numbing job. There are many jobs.

See how easy that was?
>>
>>1111895
I like Schrade's "Uncle Henry" series of grandpa knives. They are tough, large, and take a decent edge.
>>
>>1111716
>we easily clear 1.5m

christ my Home Depot does that in less than a week, and we are low volume.
>>
>>1112187
>in less than a week

God damn, how do i get a little slice of that cash except working there?
>>
>>1112205
Buy stock.
>>
>>1112187
>my
>we

Oh look it's the self-righteous Home Depot douchelord again. Don't you have a time clock to punch somewhere?
>>
File: Capture+_2017-01-09-20-48-54.png (163KB, 1422x1798px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-01-09-20-48-54.png
163KB, 1422x1798px
>>1112215
>>1112205
Their stock is good but it took a bit of a shit this year.
>>
>>1112187
Mind you that's in a town with 4000 people in it. The entire Township is only about 20,000 people and the store is owned by a single man
>>
>>1111922
>military
>pretending you have a choice in much of anything

You get to choose what MOS test you take. You dont actually get to choose where they put you based on the results of the test. You dont get to choose where you are stationed. You dont get to choose if or when you are moved, or go on a tour, or go on a 18 month boat ride.

Its only an illusion of choice, there is no "choose wisely". Its "get lucky".
>>
bumping for interest
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.