[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /diy/, Im building a birdbuggy for my parrot. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

hey /diy/,

Im building a birdbuggy for my parrot. It's basically a joystick controlled remote car with an arduino with the bird sitting on top manipulating the joystick to move around. I bought the wheels from ebay, four of them. I do not use the design in the picture but a 4 wheel rocker-bogie suspension instead (like the marsrover). I have the frame made of wood and i have the electronics working on a prototypeboard. I just need to pick the motors. I have some wheels (first link) but this is my first project like this and i do not know how mount them to a motor. I guess that would be my first question. The other one I wanted to ask is which motor to pick. I need one like in the second link, but with the holes to mount them to the leg on the other end. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
www.ebay.com/itm/161569807229?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reversible-High-torque-Turbo-worm-Geared-motor-DC-motor-GW370-12V-6rpm-/141714191556?hash=item20fed2f4c4:g:lSkAAOSwHnFVnh3J
>>
>>1110374
bump!
this sounds fun
>>
>>1110374
Why doesn't it just fly? These animals were created to soar through the limitess airspace and you are confining it to a little buggy like some overweight old man.

If it's wings are clipped, why are you now giving it a buggy? Do you regret handicapping it?
>>
File: pepper on spit.jpg (64KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
pepper on spit.jpg
64KB, 539x960px
>>1110382
If i had a fucking nickle for every person who would comment on my keeping the bird clipped i'd pay donald trump to have the buggy manufactured in america, out of gold.

Here's my copypaste response:
No one should keep birds. But they are here now so we have to take care of them. Always get birds from shelters and do not support the industry that breeds them. The climate is too cold for them to survive on their own here in the wild (i have an African grey) and he would not be able to survive in the wild in Afrika since he was born in captivity and ended up with me from a shelter. As far as we currently know, the best way to keep a bird is clipped so it becomes safe to take it on walks without cage or leash to the park, out to dinner, on trips to family, friends and house parties, and occasionally work or out for a pint. They learn to deal with situations they otherwise flee from and to make friends with other people. They are phobic by nature but this can be overcome with this approach. Should I ever hear otherwise, the feathers can just grow back. Clipping does not have to be a permanent decision.

Don't worry about the bird. Picture is him on a trip to the airfield with me. We came to watch the airshow. Unclipped birds don't get do this. He is allowed to fly short distances of about a 100m when we're at the park, when it's not too windy and there are no dogs around. I also take him flying with me in light aircraft. Thanks for your concern, but don't worry about him.

Please focus on the question i asked.
>>
File: IMG_0381[1].jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0381[1].jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Picture is the current state of the project. The suspension works but I need to mount any motors before i mount the wheels. Please help me pick the right ones.
>>
>>1110394
Got plans for easy replace as he chew threw it overtime ?
>>
>>1110399
Not really, I figured to first make this and see if he likes it and can operate it and if the suspension works well enough on grass and rocks. Then invest in a relatively expansive aluminum frame and reuse the electronics from this one. It's a kind a throwaway prototype to see if the concept even works. There's a few uncertainties. Maybe he just won't like it.
>>
What are the chances of drilling holes in the backside of this and then put a nut behind it to bolt it to the leg?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC3V-6V-12V-24V-JGY370-Full-Metal-Turbo-Worm-Gearbox-Reduction-Gear-DC-Motor-/231531499228?var=&hash=item35e85a4edc:m:m1lSAwUqzK-NJ15ZLpCvEVw&vxp=mtr
>>
>>1110387
>African grey
Twat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngk61QSho5Y
>>
>>1110404
That looks good! I'll order one and see if i can make an assembly. i've shortened the carriage in the picture i posted 7cm in both ends so i can mount it on the back of the leg as well if i need to.Thanks!
>>
>>1110382
>created

get out.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.