[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone recommend some good all around work gloves that will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: b0704_gloves_cu.jpg (170KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
b0704_gloves_cu.jpg
170KB, 800x600px
Can someone recommend some good all around work gloves that will last while but don't sacrifice dexterity?

I've got another 4000 sq ft of flooring to do and my hands are fucked up but I can't work very fast with thick gloves.

Price isn't much of an issue, but I'd like them to be under $40
>>
File: mcr-3611-glove-650x650.jpg (53KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
mcr-3611-glove-650x650.jpg
53KB, 650x650px
Mechanix or knockoff are the best for dexterity, but they wear out fast.

Goatskin work gloves are a good compromise. Cheap ones (Harbor Freight tier, pic related) wear out fast but nice ones can last quite a while. A well-fitting, well-made pair is worth the investment imo, they are miles ahead of old fashioned work hamfists.
>>
>>1109985
>A well-fitting
Not OP, but I've never found a pair of gloves that fit well. Where would I look for such a thing?
I once tried to diy a falconry gauntlet, but that didn't go well.
>>
>>1109993
Trade specialty stores. Welding stores, machinists, sheet metal, etc. Still tough to find.

Old-school hardware stores used to carry them (Osh, Ace, etc) but they are all out of business now, at least in my area.

Honestly, best bet may be to order online from somewhere that has a good return policy.

Get the HF shit for now though, they work pretty well for 6 bucks, they just bust open at the seems after a bit of abuse.
>>
Try TIG welding gloves, the thin ones, from your local welders supply. They hold up well and have good dexterity because you need that to TIG

Image search "tillman tig gloves" to see what they look like. I wear mine motorcycling too.
>>
File: tillman1464drivergloves.jpg (128KB, 806x750px) Image search: [Google]
tillman1464drivergloves.jpg
128KB, 806x750px
>>1110008
>"tillman tig gloves"
These are great. A little on the thin side, but I see people using them as steel handling and general purpose gloves all the time. I prefer drivers gloves because they don't have the extended cuff and the cowhide ones are cheap and take abuse well. The 24cl tig gloves are baby goat skin and tend to shrink or harden when you abuse them. The 1414 drivers gloves still have much better dexterity than any cheap work gloves that you'll find at big box stores and are stitched with kevlar. They even make them in deerskin if you want that velvet glove feel (864). I've been using a pair of the reinforced 1464's for over 6 months now and I'll probably get another pair of the same when they die.
>>
>>1109981
mechanix 4x original, don't get any of the gimmicky ones with the plastic and shit.

I have been doing general construction, demolition and roofing for about 10 years, and these are the best gloves I've ever had. I could blow through a pair of leather gloves in 2 weeks when I'm moving demo scrap, like fingers completely torn of and stuff.

the mechanix gloves I have lasted about 4 months before the fingers tore open. that's a helluva lot better than 2 weeks.
>>
I got a pack of 3 pairs of wells Lamont gloves from Costco for like 25 bucks, they are entirely leather, I have yet to have them fail me. I keep a pair in my car, my garage, and my shed. Used them to extricate a vehicle, did fine with broken glass no damage. moved a ton (actual ton) of cement paving stones by hand from the ground to a pallet to another pile, and I still use them with minor abrasion. Used them for when I ran my bloomery furnace ( gloves stained with coal dust now) my hands were fine. A+ would buy again, but I might not have to since that was all one pair
>>
File: KEVLARRR.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
KEVLARRR.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
Why not a few throw away pairs like these? Ive done a lot of tile removal and these keep me from leaking aids everywhere
>>
File: 91TLao+TWyL._SL1500_.jpg (262KB, 1500x1004px) Image search: [Google]
91TLao+TWyL._SL1500_.jpg
262KB, 1500x1004px
Mechanix framers gloves are my favorite pair I've ever owned.
>>
>>1110244
I like these also the deer hide ones are great for not getting blisters
>>
Mechanix 4x are probably my favorite. Followed closely by black stallion and Tillman leather work gloves.

Always buy gloves locally if you want them to fit.
>>
West Chester Work Gloves! I usually buy 2 pairs every other year, and I do everything in them. Note, they tend to run a little small, but worth it considering the price.
>>
>>1109985
Try old school feed stores, or maybe a grainger. I wore goatskin back in my feed mill days. they were more than the deerskin but thinner and lasted longer.

Another tip might be to soak them in water and wear them dry. I have small hands and my harley motorcycle gloves never fit will well till one day I got caught in a rain storm and by the time the rain was over and the ride was done, they fit perfectly.
I did the same to the kind of gloves in OP's pic. much better fit now.
>>
File: a122_brn_L.jpg (57KB, 564x800px) Image search: [Google]
a122_brn_L.jpg
57KB, 564x800px
Carhartt leather/synthetic work gloves....I've owned several pairs....Not because they've worn out but because I lost them. I use them to saw wood or just to keep my hands warm in the fall.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.