[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, how can I reduce the output impedance of this audio interface

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 5357323700_1410289611.jpg (3MB, 3240x2928px) Image search: [Google]
5357323700_1410289611.jpg
3MB, 3240x2928px
Hi, how can I reduce the output impedance of this audio interface without lowering the sound quality?
This is a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro and it has 7ohms output impedance. It sounds great but on lower volume there is distortion with my HD662 Evos (32ohms).
The USB jack is missing but this is someone else's photo.
Thanks!
>>
File: 371.jpg (35KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
371.jpg
35KB, 500x304px
>>
>>1109685
Bro, I have no idea what that is or how to get/apply it.
>>
I don't see how output impedance would create distortion, but whatever.

U4 seems to be the output amplifier, what is it?
>>
>>1109699
On 20-40% there is audible high-pitch electric noise (like cinematic 1010101 type of shit) and the bass sounds like someone is slowly ripping cloth.
I'm an audio noob and not an EE, but here's some dude's measurements:
http://nwavguy.blogspot.bg/2011/11/x-fi-usb-dac.html
>>
>>1109679
Get a different amp. Output impedance is part of the full design of the amp and the limitations of the chips/circuit used.

The picture is of transformers. Don't do that. You would need to design a little circuit to sit between the headphones and the amp. If you don't know what a transformer looks like then most likely you don't want to be designing circuits that nobody would/could ever measure and verify anyway.

The only distortion a lower impedance would cause is shifted bass response, not anything gritty or staticy. That would be true at any volume. What are you hearing?
>>
>>1109709
Yeah this sounds like software/hardware problem, not an output impedance problem, although that isn't great either it shouldn't cause those noises ever. Try other USB ports, make sure system volume is maxed (if there is a second volume control in a utility), double check your settings, reinstall drivers, etc. Swap it to another computer and see if the problem follows the device or its only on one computer.
>>
>>1109724
>all USB ports work the same
>device performs the same on my desk top + drivers
>performs the same with windows default drivers
>reinstalled drivers multiple times
Even Creative live chat "Ryan" said my device sounds like it works fine.
>>
>>1109726

Seems a known problem, amazon reviews mention the same thing.
>>
>>1109729
Yeah, some dude plugged an external amp into the x-fi and reported the problem to not have gone away.
>>
>>1109726
Use a headphone amp between them.
>>
>>1109735
I might just return the thing - my onboard dolby homoe theatre sounds the same with the EQ.
Any good DAC+Amps for $60?
>>
>>1109737

The SMSL SD793-II SPDIF headphone amp is ~60$.

Chink shit, but good components.
>>
>>1109748
I looked up these circuits and it seems interesting.
Can one make a DIY DAC/Amp with items off Ebay? Would it be worth it at all?
>>
>>1109750

That's up to you, it's a fair bit of work making the PCB, case etc.

I'd just pay the 62$ :)
>>
>>1109753
Well my local hardware store has hobby kits, electronics and PCB included.
Can I just slap in a compatible high quality amplifier and call it a day? Or are circuits not as interchangeable?
>>
>>1109754

The SMSL is also a SPDIF receiver though, which will have very little noise.
>>
>>1109768
Uhh my headphones only use 3.5mm
>>
>>1109771

You misunderstand, your PC likely has a SPDIF output. So you connect the SMSL DAC+Amp to your PC with SPDIF.
>>
>>1109776
Hmm, sounds good.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.