[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, dudes. I'm going to lay some cheap linoleum in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: neptune.jpg (29KB, 432x345px) Image search: [Google]
neptune.jpg
29KB, 432x345px
Alright, dudes. I'm going to lay some cheap linoleum in my mudroom. Looking for some advice.

The story is that I will be selling my house within the year. My mudroom contains my washing machine and is also the main area where we enter the house, and so where all the wet shoes end up. For some awful reason, the previous folks put carpet in it. I've ignored it until now but I know it would be a huge turnoff to buyers. Today I ripped up the carpet to find underneath was scrap pieces of linoleum. This prevented any water damage and I now have a bare wood subfloor.

My issue is that the subfloor is not perfectly smooth and I'm worried the imperfections will show up in a linoleum floor. Should I use wood fillee and sand the bad spots, or just use the laminate floor foam underlay I have left over from another project?

Also, is glueless linoleum good enough? It's a very small space. I would staple the edges and cut trim to cover the gaps.

Picture somewhat related, it was me removing a million staples with bits of carpet padding and linoleum stuck to it.
>>
They sell fill/leveling compound, don't they? If the rest of your house is well-kept then you might as well do it but if it's shitty noone will notice senpai
>>
>>1109446
My mudroom is actually a porch with insulated floor and roof, so it is not technicality attached to the house. The only imperfections are because the plywood used is cheap and has some knots.
>>
>>1109435
You could probably hit it with a light sand to flatten it out

Or spend a bit more on the lino that has a decent backing underlay that will work with the material. I would think laminate flooring underlay would feel odd underfoot
>>
thought about outdoor carpet
that will hide imperfections and be easy to throw down
>>
>>1109458
I do have the capacity to sand a floor. I just wasn't sure if it would feel right.

>>1109460
I just didn't think any sort of carpet would be appropriate, especially in my area where snow and rain are the normal.
>>
>>1109466
Should be right if its ply or yellowtongue. Just a skim will be enough - you probably wont get it perfectly flat but you should smooth out the deviations enough.

It would be worth testing what a piece of lino feels like with the underlay - but typically lino will have its own backing that is sufficient.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.