[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I want to get started on the ol new years resolution. Building

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (193KB, 800x633px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193KB, 800x633px
So I want to get started on the ol new years resolution. Building an underground bunker. You never know when you could need one. So i am thinking of using a shipping container anyone have any plans on venting and electrical for say a generator.
>>
>>1109109
venting is nothing special, just tubes going out

generator needs to be outdoor because air intake and fumes etc, just hide it in a concrete shed or something
>>
>>1109109
>So i am thinking of using a shipping container...
not this again
>>
>>1109112
Funny thing is that if these threads would be ignored they wouldn't be a recurring problem. Half of them are probably trolls anyway. This is likely the same person as the last one, judging by the choice of words.

And yes, I feed the trolls at the moment. Silly me.
>>
>>1109119
yeah I know
but without trolls and dumb shit like this, this place just wouldn't be the same
>>
>>1109109
>Trash

Know your place and take your shitty imitation crab meat with you.
>>
>>1109112
Idiot OP posts a fracking tank instead of a container.
>>
Rather than chide OP, how about we suggest things he can do to prevent his shipping container from collapsing

>interior square set timbering
>reinforced concrete shell
>placement in a stable hard rock adit instead of cut and cover burial
>>
>>1109187

Don't think any bracing will ever solve the issues with load collapsing thin steel..

Using the container, surrounding it with concrete block, filling the block with concrete.. now that would work. Though I'd put insulation between the container and block with a drain sump at the bottom.

Best option I've seen to date is buying precast concrete culvert sections. They will take the load.
>>
>>1109187
>>1109236

Just shut the fuck up and quit replying to this kind of bullshit.

Cancer thrives when it has something to feed off.
>>
>>1109262
U mad bro xD
>>
>>1109262
>didn't sage all fields
Hypocrisy, thy name is Anonymous!
>>
>>1109267
>Hypocrisy, thy name is Anonymous!

Ironic.
>>
>>1109270
How? I didn't preach ignorance while bumping the thread. I'm all for these shitpostings!
>>
File: IwonderWho.jpg (44KB, 579x412px) Image search: [Google]
IwonderWho.jpg
44KB, 579x412px
>>1109273
>>
>>1109280
Bump, because you're a retard who can't Sage properly.
>>
File: DIY underground shelter.png (72KB, 1224x914px) Image search: [Google]
DIY underground shelter.png
72KB, 1224x914px
>>1109280
Oh, that.
Oh well.

As long as we're on the subject of bunkers I always thought this had way more merit than a shipping container.
>>
>>1109296
I saged you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>1109267
>>1109296
>>1109301
http://alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?VGhlIEdhbmcgVHVybnMgT24gQW5vbg==
>>
>>1109300
How much would a shipping container sized culvert structure cost?
>>
>>1109322
Both shipping containers and culverts come in many different sizes.

If the average person is 6ft tall, the walls are about 4'5" tall and the apex of the hemisphere seems to be about as tall as the walls, giving you 9' of space from the floor to the apex.

That means your Culver would need to be about 9' in diameter because you will cut it in half. Products of this size usually require you to speak to a fabrication plant and have them give you a quote.

Here's one I found using Google. You might want to shop around, though.
>>
File: assblasted.gif (1MB, 204x324px) Image search: [Google]
assblasted.gif
1MB, 204x324px
>>1109262
byte me. :P
>>
>>1109323
Forgot the link
http://fostersupply.com/Products/CorrugatedMetalPipe.aspx
>>
File: 1483387092666.jpg (32KB, 189x189px) Image search: [Google]
1483387092666.jpg
32KB, 189x189px
>>1109322
>>1109323
>You want to know how much a large diameter culvert pipe is!?
>Give me your email and I'll send you a quote!

Every damn time. Anyway, the large diameter pipes start in the 5 digit range for pricing. It is literally cheaper to purchase an actual prebuilt bunker to have trucked to your place and put in a hole.
>>
>>1109345
Order a steam cleaned railcar hull. Many farmers use them for culvert. Railcar dismantler sell and ship them. Not cheap, but one with the ends still on would bury nicely.

You can bunker aboveground too, you know.
>>
>>1109109
Shipping containers will warp under pressure. Dont use them.
>>
>>1109419
For you
>>
>>1109187
Dig bunker underneath, put shipping container on top to hide entrance.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.