[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>New to building a board >gap between outside bearing and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 20170103_213225.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170103_213225.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>New to building a board
>gap between outside bearing and nut
>solid 3/4 inch
How can I fix? Is there something I can put so my wheels don't move side to side
>>
Is that a nyloc nut?

did you even torque it down?

Did you just hand tighten it and say "fuck it, that's good. I'm gonna go smoke some weed ayylmao 420"
>>
Well clearly I said I'm new to the hobbie cuck so how bout some fucking advice I don't know what I'm doing
>>
>>1108803
get a socket or deep angle wrench and tighten it to the specified torque

alternatively tighten it down until it contacts the bearing and hope you don't crush the bearing.
>>
>>1108803
Take a properly sized wrench and use it to apply torque to the nut so that you tighten it down thus fixing the bearing in place. Then proceed to rid the world of your existence, because you just ruined all my faith in humanity.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (31KB, 496x403px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
31KB, 496x403px
>>1108803
bruh you gotta be 18+ to be posting here.....

If you can convince anyone on this board you are over 18 and have no clue how work a wrench you can stay.

Go play with pic related till your old enough to come play with the big kids.
>>
>>1108801
If you tighten it any further it will destroy your nut, could destroy your trucks hanger too.
You need to go to the hardware store and get some washers.

You bought the wrong sized wheels, but it aint no biggie.
Ignore the rest of these fools
>>
>>1108853
>Doesn't know what a nylon insert locking nut is, the post.
>>
>>1108801
"Skateboard wrenches" exist for a reason.
>>
>>1108857
>biting on such poor bait
>>
File: 6vmFQWV.jpg (87KB, 700x443px) Image search: [Google]
6vmFQWV.jpg
87KB, 700x443px
>>1108801
>solid 3/4 inch
do you know how long an inch is?
>>
>>1108853
Incorrect.
>>
>>1108801
Ohh Jesus.
>Ibuiltthis.jpg
My 5 year old son JUST tightened down a nylon nut on his bike yesterday. I had to give it a little bit of tightening, but he, purely on instinct, did better than you.

You should reconsider building anything in the future.
>>
thats a 5mm gap, max 6mm tops
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.