[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to i disable/kill a fridge without whacking it around? like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: fridge.jpg (3KB, 200x251px) Image search: [Google]
fridge.jpg
3KB, 200x251px
how to i disable/kill a fridge without whacking it around? like is there something i could disconnect to make the fridge stop working or stop cooling? i tried removing the fuse from the power cord but that is an easy problem to detect for me. any ideas /diy/?
>>
>>1108739
Pull it back from the wall and crimp some of the radiator tubing in the back? Assuming it's old enough to have them.
>>
>>1108739
Fuck off Tommy go do your homework
>>
>>1108739
if this is your parents or roommates fridge, kill yourself
>>
>>1108739
No, he probity wants a new fridge and wants to make his landlord foot the bill, as long as he can brake it without anyone figuring out that he did it.
>>
>>1108773
You mean break.

But no, /diy/ isn't to sabotage things.
>>
>>1108739
>>1108773
>>1108774
put blocks of cheese in front of the vents until it freezes up, call landlord to fix it every time until he gets annoyed and replaces it.
>>
>>1108789
>call landlord to fix it every time until he gets annoyed and replaces it.

call landlord to fix it every time until he gets annoyed and evicts you

ftfy
>>
>>1108739
Isn't it bad to turn a fridge upside down or some shit?
>>
>>1108792
There's this thing in the civilized world called a lease
>>
>>1108794
>There's this thing in the civilized world called a lease

Sabotage of property pretty well breaks the lease.
Civilized people don't do it.
>>
Appliance repair guy here, Honestly giving this a good minute or two of consideration and unless you have a few transformers around I can't think of any easy way to severely fuck up a fridge that any half decent tech would recognize as abnormal... any time I've run into broken tubing it was either rubbing against something or corroded to hell... no real easy way to simulate that.... only thing I think you could do that might not be detectable is if you had some way to put a shitload of power into the compressor coils in the wrong manner... in theory if you overload the insulation on the coils and they start grounding out or outright fry then they'd have to replace the compressor which is pretty unlikely that they'd sink that much money into any used unit...

But seriously fuck you for wanting to do this... also remember if your working with high voltage wet your hands with cooking spray to insulate them from the wire and make sure that you strip back a lot of bare wire so you can easily connect it to the existing compressor..
>>
>>1108794
There's also this thing called a landlord who'll wait a day to make sure that it won't fix itself, then when he finally shows up after your food rots, will give you a sexy grin and say "it seems cool to me, it's fine!" and go away without doing anything.

But those landlords also have to be cool if you're late with the rent. Just don't expect anything to get fixed!
>>
>>1108739
Not giving freebies to scammers. However.

Google how to fix a fridge.

Do the opposite of that.
>>
Unplug it. Duct tape the cord underneath the fridge. They'll never look under there.
>>
>>1108793
wives tale, actually
>>
>>1108958
If you have kept the fridge in an odd position turn it upright for a few hours before plugging it in. Otherwise there is excess wear on the compressor because of lesser amounts of lubrication.
>>
>>1108739
I'll actually tell you.

>get microwave
>unscrew it
>reveal the insides
>be very careful
>discharge the capacitor
>unplug transformer secondary and primary
>remove power cord from microwave
>reconnect power cord to primary when the transformer's out
>connect transformer's secondary output to fridge's compressor input
>plug the transformer in for 30 seconds, a light show will happen, but if it's set aflame turn it off
>put transformer back into microwave and reseal microwave
>tell landlord that the fridge randomly failed and started smoking and sparking so you unplugged it

ez
>>
>>1108739

Discombobulate the thermostat
>>
>>1109028
Dont do this. It makes nerves gas
>>
>>1108807
Could you leave it opened and wrapped the compressor with a fire blanket? I imagine that would burn it out quickly enough.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (3KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
3KB, 256x192px
Leave the lid open and cover the heat sinks
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.