[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought house. Fucking oil tank the valve inbetween a lot of oil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 04.jpg (314KB, 1053x1042px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
314KB, 1053x1042px
Bought house.
Fucking oil tank the valve inbetween a lot of oil leaked.
Called to get it serviced, guy stopped leak from cartridge valve or whatever.
Old tank has no fucking gauge.
What is the best and cheapest modern tank to get these days with a gauge?
Please any advice would be greatly appreciated. fucking hell man
>>
hook up a pressure guage (mbar/small freedom increments) under the tank its easy maths to figure out level and afterwards just write the % in 10% increments on the guage
>>
File: ourboro.jpg (83KB, 414x500px) Image search: [Google]
ourboro.jpg
83KB, 414x500px
>>1108020
>mbar/small freedom increments

ty sir for ur input, i wish you many deep succ and great fortune for your ancestor and descendent.

Also do you have any advise on the best modern tanks tho just wondering?
Because i feel like eventually ill need to get one anyhow.
>>
>>1108015
Most oil delivery companies have a monthly top up service...
>>
Check home supply stores, they are just under $30.00 (I'm sure the guy that came out had a new one in his truck).
>>
>>1108039
what the valve or the 275 gal tank?
im looking for a tank senpai
>>
i work with these daily, is your old tank under ground or above? if above just get a meter stick or somesuch long rod to stick the tank with, same with underground, often the the pipes come strait out of the tank. an underground tank is usually 48 inches diameter, so if you stick it and get 24 inch of fluid, you are half full.
New above ground tank (275 gallon) gonna run you in the ballpark of 1500$ installed.
>>
>>1108103
its in the basement above ground. The thing that was leaking was the oil filter which connected between the oil tank and furnace.
Any how there is a circle of about 4 ft wide by 4ft deep of oil leak into dirt.
Thats just the size by eyeble dont know how many gallons exactly.
anyhow the guy came and replaced the filter and stopped leak.
It doesnt sound like a tank issue as much as it was just a filter issue right?

Also i will now have to dispose of the dirt with the oil in it. The environmental people of our state in connecticut shuld be contacting us to check it out tho.
But if i can i wuld like to just dig the whole dirt out my self and dispose of it some how.
>>
>>1108129
instead of paying some halfwit to dig it our for me.
Im just more worried about the proper way to dispose of it, and to end the smell down there
>>
>>1108133
Watch out when you dig of you dig close to your foundation. Expose as little as possible of it as the dirt you might be digging keeps your house upright. Neighbour's foundation cracked though he did dig it in parts. Bad shit.
>>
>>1108129

Prepare to get fucked by the EPA. They are probably going to charge you thousands in environmental remediation to dig up and stick that soil in garbage bags, If the fumes are tolerable DIY or else
>>
>>1108141
yah they are tolerable, its not that bad its no where near anything else it is the foundation tho but the very middle so its not really any corners or anything and its about 4 feet tall
>>
>>1108140
thx for heads up tho just incase m9
>>
>>1108015
Make a dip stick.

Find the area of the curve. And use cal to mark up your stick
>>
>>1108133
It will go into a drum and be sent to a incinerator or hazmat dump.
>>
>>1108165
cool, would u guys get new tank if you were me?

the old one doesnt even have a damn gauge plus its a rusty ass color
>>
>>1108173
No. Just put a gadge on it...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.