[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any kind of paper/paper-like material that: Is transparent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: BM4k.png (943KB, 800x593px) Image search: [Google]
BM4k.png
943KB, 800x593px
Is there any kind of paper/paper-like material that:

Is transparent
Is able to be printed on (or at least draw on with ink)
Wouldn't interfere with a touch screen

Specifically, I was thinking about putting a transparent sheet on the display of my Blackmagic 4K with lines on it (rules of third, golden ratio, etc.) to help with shot composition.
>>
Vinyl
>>
There is transparent film for laser printers.
>>
>>1107732
That sounds like my best bet, as far as getting it right. Would taping it be the best way to put it on the display?
>>
>>1107736
Your best bet would be some thin transparent vinyl with adhesive. Hit up your local print shops and see what they have.

You can even send them a PDF of all the lines and they can print it and cut it out for you. You're essentially making a screen protector.
>>
>>1107738
Thanks for your help man! I'll head over to a printer's shop tomorrow evening.

I actually bought an iPhone screen protector today and put it through the printer, but it seems like the ink isn't going to dry.
>>
>>1107744
Print shops use what's called solvent based printers. This allows the pigments to seep into the vinyl and become embedded once the solvent evaporates. Quite different from inkjets or laser printing which lay droplets of ink or carbon dust on top of media.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.