[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im adding an electric starting system to my generator. it comes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (13KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13KB, 512x512px
im adding an electric starting system to my generator. it comes with a charging system for the starter battery that consists of a coil (or 2 if you buy another and can double the amperage or the voltage depending on how you connect them) attached to the housing underneath the flywheel that use the magnet rotating around to generate current. want to use a cheap buck boost controller to regulate the voltage to a constant 14v as the voltage varies based on flywheel speed, but as this is for a generator the rpm should be mostly constant but still a buck boost would cover both bases if the voltage runs above or below 14v (no way to know until you actually measure it at speed).
>the coils face the same direction relative to the rotation of the magnet, this should generate pulsed dc so no need for rectification right?
>should i worry about voltage spikes or emi to the controller from the coils? what should i use to handle them?
>im going to add capacitors to the coils to the controller for trying to filter the output, but how do i figure out how much capacitance i will need or is it trial and error?
>any other things i should be considering that i overlooked?
pic related is how the coils look under the flywheel.
>>
>the coils face the same direction relative to the rotation of the magnet, this should generate pulsed dc so no need for rectification right?

No. Pulsed AC.

>should i worry about voltage spikes or emi to the controller from the coils?

Once again pulsed AC.

what should i use to handle them?
>im going to add capacitors to the coils to the controller for trying to filter the output, but how do i figure out how much capacitance i will need or is it trial and error?

Trial and error unless you want to be massively /sci/ about it.
>>
>>1107391
Why would they make ac if they were facing the same direction? I mean it not as in they're both facing upwards, but they're both the same direction across the axis. So the magnet would go bottom to top on both coils.
>>
>>1107438
Induced voltage depends on the change rate of magnetic flux density. Unless you figure out how to constantly increase the density (protip: you can't), you won't get dc from a coil
>>
File: GAnimation01[1].gif (30KB, 450x193px) Image search: [Google]
GAnimation01[1].gif
30KB, 450x193px
>>1107438
pic related
magnet is shown on inside but still relative
coils are arranged differently but still relative
>>
>>1107599
I get it now. Well at least it's easy to just add a diode bridge and filter it. They'll be 180* offset so a single wave should work fine.
>>
>>1107690
>add a diode bridge
one side of each coil is grounded - only two diodes are useful
>>1107690
>and filter it.
the battery is the filter
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.