[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just bought a chest freezer, and I already don't like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Chest-Freezer.jpg (66KB, 1000x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Chest-Freezer.jpg
66KB, 1000x1040px
I just bought a chest freezer, and I already don't like that I can feel the exterior chilled.

How can I add more insulation and what kind of NASA grade insulation can I add to keep my semen collection fresh?

I'm kidding, I know about aerogel and I also know its price but I am looking for ideas other than wrapping towels around it.
>>
>>1106703
...maybe it got through QC without any spray foam insulation

wrap some fiberglass batts in plastic and put it around the exterior
>>
>>1106705

This. Take it back and spend a few more dollars on a better model or a unit that isn't screwed up. You shouldn't feel any coldness on the outside.
>>
>>1106764
I have a cheap model and it feels slightly cold on the outside of it.
I think its just the fact its a cheap freezer, not some defect.

I mean these dont even defrost, you have to periodically manually defrost them.

They work for their intended purpose. I have mine set at the stock temperature and it keeps my icecream hard as a rock. There is supposedly room to make it colder, and I have a ton of shit in it.

You cant expect too much from a 125$ freezer
>>
>>1106779

You can rig some insulation up if you aren't too concerned with aesthetics.
>>
>>1106781
Honestly it doesnt get cold enough to really effect anything like ambient temps or whatever.

Maybe OPs freezer is worse than mine is.
>>
>>1106784

It won't effect ambient temps, but if it's coldness through the insulation it'll be running alot more. After a year or so of electricity costs, a better freezer would practically pay for itself.
>>
>>1106785
Hmm, I didnt really think of that.

How does having a layer of frost/ice on the walls of the freezer affect it?
Would that make the freezer work harder, or will it keep the cold in better?

Because the manual said that you only defrost after you get like 2-3 inches of ice along the sides.
Maybe they account for ice being there as extra insulation, seeing how they are manual defrost ones?
>>
You can go way cheaper than aerogel and get better insulation for your money. Vacuum insulation panels are insanely insulating. The downside is that you'll really need to cover all surfaces and definitely get between the condenser coil (the hot one) and the body of the freezer.
>>
>>1106703
You'll spend more on insulation than you would a better freezer.
>>
>>1106703

Even the cheapest insulation across such a large surface area would cost far more than it would have cost you to get a better freezer.

The cheapest insulation worth a damn in my opinion would be a chest made out of cheap hardboard (thrifty white) slightly larger than the freezer.

Line the inside of the chest and the outside of the freezer with aluminum foil.
>>
>>1106802

condenser coils and/or air vents should remain exposed of course.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.