[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I got the idea to use a raspberry pi as a media center. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 3114-01.jpg (29KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
3114-01.jpg
29KB, 1024x768px
So I got the idea to use a raspberry pi as a media center. What I want to do is use an external hard drive so I can download anime using my desktop, then just plug the hard drive into the pi and play it on my TV. I installed OSMC onto the pi, put some anime onto my external drive and plugged it in and was very disappointed. It looked like shit and the subtitles didn't work. Does anyone know what I need to do to get the subs working and if there are like codec packs for OSMC that I can install to make it not look so dogshit.
>>
you must be doing it wrong. if the subs are not ''forced'' then you have to click the correct icon and select Enable, then choose the language if there's more than one.

i dont think there's an option to force subs on all the time, but you can use mkvtoolnix_gui to force the subs on on each file.
>>
also, the PI renders movies absolutely great at 720p and 1080p, so i dunno what your problem is; either a shitty screen or lo-res stuff.

as for using your desktop: you dont really need it. you can use Berryboot to dual-boot Raspbian and Openelec or Libreelec. you set up deluge to download torrents under Raspbian, then reboot and watch them with kodi (librelec/openelec).

google for installing the deluge daemon on Raspbian, which you can then remote control from your desktop (add torrents, check progress). you can seed all night coz it's low-power, and zero noise.
>>
File: SNF2724EN_580_628980a.jpg (53KB, 459x580px) Image search: [Google]
SNF2724EN_580_628980a.jpg
53KB, 459x580px
>>1106216
>>
>>1106280
I mean they look fine when I play them on the same screen from my laptop.

>>1106307
What's this supposed to mean?
>>
>>1106314

if you're using the composite output of the Pi, it'll look like crap. there's no way to fix that except to use HDMI.
>>
>>1106216
>What I want to do is use an external hard drive so I can download anime using my desktop, then just plug the hard drive into the pi and play it on my TV

Why would you do something like that? You can leave your files on the pc and watch them on rpi through network.
>>
>>1106482
I'm using an HDMI
>>
>>1106216
What stream types are inside the container?
>>
Shit in shit out. Like the other guy said leave file on computer and smb your pi to your computer done.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.