[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you ever make any d'jent sticks/guitars? Been th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: djentguitar.png (761KB, 941x477px) Image search: [Google]
djentguitar.png
761KB, 941x477px
Any of you ever make any d'jent sticks/guitars? Been thinking about picking up some bubinga wood and making one of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LwOAp_Vezw
>>
>>1105844
Little rough around the edges, but banging none the less.
>>
>>1105844
lead line is weak and uninspiring

follows too closely to the rhythm part
>>
>>1105844
sucks ass lol
>>
just use a shovel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9-ltPsbw9g
>>
File: banjo.jpg (13KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
banjo.jpg
13KB, 225x300px
>>1105771
Mine is cheaper to make
>>
>>1105969
lol but does it work?
>>
>>1105844
From a musical standpoint, the guitar work alright. The melody sits within the chords and only a couple of technique issues appear throughout the piece.

Now from a writing perspective, kinda boring. The melody and the chord changes are really safe. The best way to get away from that is to just really play and experiment. It also helps just to youtube musicians that talk about how they compose melodies.

From a production standpoint, thumbs down. The rhythm guitar sets right at the speaker. This creates an unnatural sound that just becomes grating after more than 15 seconds. Adding just a hair of reverb will help and won't take away the "intimate" sound your getting at. The rhythm guitar is up way too loud. Pulling it back will allow the melodies positive qualities to standout. The melody and the rhythm guitar have a really similar guitar tone. This causes the parts to blend together. So as a producer a couple of tools that can be used to improve severation is your mixers panning knob, careful use of you reverb, and varying the eq of each part. I could keep going but that should keep you busy.

I should point out I'm assuming you want to write rock/pop music.

also
>/mu/
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.