[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My screen is fucked up I don't know how or why it doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1482983656282.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1482983656282.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
My screen is fucked up
I don't know how or why it doesn't have any cracks or any other apparent damage it just glitches
how can I fiix it myself?
>>
File: White-tailed_deer.jpg (1MB, 2700x2051px) Image search: [Google]
White-tailed_deer.jpg
1MB, 2700x2051px
>>1105755
>Laptop
Check both ends of the LVDS (Screen) cable.
Judging by the shitty cell phone picture, I'd guess its a Toshiba Satellite C55 or some shit: here's some guy basically being the service manual for it, he'll tell you how to get to the screen cable, and its even a YouTube video so its hard to fuck up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwJyKBTNm_A

otherwise its probably the graphics card getting fucked up because Toshiba is a piece of shit brand.
>>
It is never worth it to repair a laptop screen
>>
File: led-panel-x61-rear.jpg (572KB, 1626x1209px) Image search: [Google]
led-panel-x61-rear.jpg
572KB, 1626x1209px
>>1105836
Not true, but there are only a few things you can repair--- fewer every year.
>>
>>1105755

1. Use photoshop to create some "art".
2. Take a picture of your screen.
3. Print paintings and tshirts with your glitch art
4. Post designs everywhere and on a webshop
5. ?????
6. ?????
7. PROFIT!
>>
>>1105905
>art
>profit

Not likely.

I'm betting it's a damaged cable. If it has a vga, dvi, or hdmi output you can easily rule out the video card. If not the cable then possibly a component that is part of that same circuitry.

Good luck getting it to all fit back together correctly. I mean that sincerely. I'm 100% sure that you can fix it if you're determined enough to, but the hard part will be getting it to look and open/hold open like new. Depending on how valuable you consider your time, you might just be better off buying instead of diying.
>>
>>1105759
>>Laptop
>Check both ends of the LVDS (Screen) cable.

Also check the cable where it passes through the hinge; I've had a few old laptops that wore through the cable at the hinge.
>>
>>1105933
Good shit, I forgot to mention that.
I used to work at a computer repair place and I swear Toshiba has the worst quality cables imaginable. so many different models of all in ones and laptops have this thing where sometimes the custom sata cable they use stops working and stops the PC from booting. a 5 dollar part, and it fixes most Toshiba HDD problems
>>
>>1106032
I just stumbled on this and I have a toshiba satellite and I've replace the power cable twice and the cable that goes from the power cable inside to the board three times. the screws are gone and cut right through it.
>>
>>1105755

Damn. I had that same dog show up on my monitor about a year ago. Tried everything, nothing worked. Had to buy a new one.

Gud luk OP
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.