[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/ First time poster to this board I'm fairly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1473043847279.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1473043847279.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
Hello /diy/
First time poster to this board
I'm fairly mechanically inclined with access to a good amount of equipment
My home was recently victimized by an attempted break in while I was gone
Looking for any and all tips, methods, projects, or creations to help aid in home security.
I'm headed to work right now so I will check what you all have to say after
>>
>>1105585
Get a gun. Problem solved.

But solid doors and put bars on your windows.

Those are your 2 options.

If your not home and someone REALLY wants to get in they are going to get it in.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
buy a dog
and curtains
>>
You should go ask /k/.

Dragon dildos. Lots of dragon dildos.
>>
>>1105585
door strike plate
>>
>>1105585
You need stuff that will discourage them from trying in the first place, because a determined thief can and will get in. It's like a steering wheel club for your car. It won't prevent a car thief from stealing it, but just might suggest to the thief that he should just try the next car without one cuz it'll be easier.

So lights, (fake) cameras, security alarm stickers, annoying dog, etc...
>>
these are all pretty obvious..
looking for more like self rigged electrified handles, cameras, motion detectors, lights, things to interface through wifi with my phone and the like
actual projects and builds.
obviously a gun.
My OP referenced the fact that it happened when I was gone.
>>
File: 853111_2271_4517817.jpg (19KB, 400x312px) Image search: [Google]
853111_2271_4517817.jpg
19KB, 400x312px
Rube Goldberg machine that drops an anvil on their head
A gun
One of these locks
A gun
Caltrops and barbed wire
A gun
Swinging axe ex. Skyrim dungeons
A gun
Trapdoor to the rancor pit
A gun
Redo frames and locks on doors and windows to much stronger levels.
A gun
Tbh senpai rearrange house as well to make burgulars not want the hassle
Also buy a gun
>>
>>1105786
Alright, whats your budget then?
>>
>>1105808
That lock is cool, and reference on what type it might be?
I'm well aware of the gun thing, if you must know I had felonious problems in my younger and more stupid past, still haunting me to this day.
>>1105809
It depends on how extreme the measure, not going to spend just to spend but if something is economical and feasible I can make a budget of 500 to 1000 work
>>
>>1105821
For the lock im not sure the real name, they are commonly called police locks, tho if your walls arent reinforced extra strong, a homemade alternative would involve it being on a diagonal, brscing into the floor and ceiling/wall (wont directly be impacted by most burgulars at top anyhow) and can easily be handmade.
Theyre a bitch to break through, and will stop all hut the most determined criminal. Also common shit like using longer screws for the door handle and where it connects to the wall, almost free but will help
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.