[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be new to woodworking >have a fun woodworking project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: (CAN'T WAKE UP).png (415KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
(CAN'T WAKE UP).png
415KB, 420x420px
>be new to woodworking
>have a fun woodworking project
>spend a bunch of time and money on it, coming along great
>final stages of the project
>oops, make a mistake
>try to fix said mistake
>only make it worse
>try to fix it even more
>only keeps getting worse and have no way to fix it
>think about all the time and effort spent on something that i fucked up

do i just rationalize this as a learning experience or something?
>>
Yes and no
I do the same thing as you I fuck it up until it's fixed but I have learned it's better to take a step back and work the problem with a brew or three then come back the next day
>>
>>1105099
>>1105103
This. Or even you may have been fatigued when you.made the mistake anyway. You thought you could do it thatcwayvabd normally you can, you were just tired.

I almost fixed my wife's phone screen that popped out of he body. Fixed the body problem then Just fat fingered it at the last minute and it fell like a butterfly and cracked the screen pretty good.
>>
>>1105099
That happens a lot in the beginning. Just figure out what you did to create the mistake and start on another piece. Each one you make will be better than the last. Never pour your heart into the first of anything you are making.

And, >>1105103 and >>1105117 are correct, take breaks and eat right. Once you have a few 100 hours of working on stuff you'll be able to get right into it for a far longer time without problems.
>>
>>1105168
>Never pour your heart into the first of anything you are making.

this. always make a rough prototype or practice the technique on scrap. especially when you are doing finish work.
>>
OP, I'm new to woodworking too, and it can be some really frustrating shit at times.
It helps to take baby steps, and make some simpler stuff first.
Also, rougher styles help. My palette wood bar stools are far from perfect, but that's ok because they're suppose to look rustic.
>>
>>1105099
Just remember, the secret to being a master craftsman is not to make mistakes. It's to make sure the mistakes never leave your shop :P
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.