[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't think of the name for this, but I need one. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20161227_102824.jpg (1MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161227_102824.jpg
1MB, 5312x2988px
I can't think of the name for this, but I need one.

It's like a chain pully with a hook on it.

My intent is to use it to double back a chain and double my pulling force
>>
Here's a better pic, I still can't find a good description that gets results on amazon/ebay
>>
File: chain pully with a hook.png (131KB, 904x679px) Image search: [Google]
chain pully with a hook.png
131KB, 904x679px
>>
File: Screenshot_20161227-104422.png (435KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161227-104422.png
435KB, 1080x1920px
>>1104961
But...

I can find old ones on ebay, but they only go to 1.5 Ton. I need around 8 Ton.
>>
I can find ones for cable that have the capacity, but 100ft of 3/8th chain is much nicer to store in my vehicle then a fucking 100ft roll of 5/8 cable.

If I could just find a wheel that would work for chain, I can build the hook part.
>>
Try "chain hoist"
>double my pulling force
>I need around 8 Ton
uh...

Holy crap, these are expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_in_-2_p_load_capacity_5?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A16310091%2Cn%3A!16310161%2Cn%3A256346011%2Cn%3A383596011%2Cn%3A4616744011%2Cn%3A256354011%2Cn%3A256355011%2Cp_load_capacity%3A16000+pounds&bbn=256355011&ie=UTF8&qid=1482864911&rnid=42509011
>>
>>1104974
That's not really what I'm going for, more just a snatch block made for chain..

If I could get the wheel from one of those for cheap, that would work too.
>>
>>1104972
ahhh, pulling with a truck.
>>
>>1104956
Dude, it's called a pulley hook
>>
It's a snatch hook
>>
>>1104991
Block. Snatch block.
>>
>>1104991
That seems to be it, yeah. I guess no one makes one for chain.

My plan was to keep it with my truck and a bunch of chain piled up for recovery. Be it pulling from another truck, or a cheap ass winch back on the truck. It's just not worth dealing with a spool of cable, chain is much nicer.
>>
>>1105009
They do, but you are looking at oil field equipment, recovery equipment (google tow-truck gear and fitment)

Seems you are looking at way to much load for most bumpers or tiedowns. I like synthetic rope on a Warn. Can use a pulley to get more oomph, but mostly to change directions. Chain also weighs a shit-ton.

https://www.amazon.com/Snatch-Block-Swivel-Single-Sheave/dp/B00B1QR7OO
>>
>>1105016
whale carp.
Thought I had one that used chain. that's for wire. Sorry anon.
>>
>>1104956

What exactly are you trying to do OP? Are you actually working with a suspended load? Are you trying to pull something over?

If you're actually working with a suspended load and you're actually need an 8-ton capacity then you're going to spend a shit ton of money (think thousands of dollars).

Google "block and tackle" which is a catchall name for a set of pulleys and ropes that are used to hoist heavy objects.

If you go cheap you can find shitty products with low capacity. Here's a 2-ton version for $21 bucks on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/4000LB-Pulley-Tackle-Puller-Engine/dp/B00GNLRO5O

Actual 8-ton capacity stuff is going to be fucking expensive and is going to use steel wire rope (not chain).

https://www.amazon.com/Snatch-Blocks-8-Ton-Pulley/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A256397011%2Cp_n_feature_keywords_two_browse-bin%3A5879460011

If you need to pull something rather than suspend it, you should look into a "come-along hoist". It's a hand ratchet with a steel cable wire, and it's going to be significantly cheaper.
>>
>>1105009

Here's a 6-ton come along that uses chain for $230

https://www.amazon.com/Ton-Chain-Come-Along-Hoist-Leveler/dp/B00BJS6R7W
>>
>>1105030
Basically, I have a bunch of 3/8th chain, and was looking for one of these so I could tie it off to a tree, and run a chain from my truck through it, to another truck or even a hand winch to pull my truck out if it gets stuck.

It sounds like such a simple thing that adds a lot of ability to simple chain, but I guess not.

I guess I'll get a bunch of 4 ton (2 ton if best) China hand winches and weld them together
>>
>>1105034
Most comparable units like that are only 2 ton, its probably Chinese 6 ton.

For that much plus a little more, I also could get a electric winch
>>
>>1104992

>>1104991
>>1104975

Just google "snatch in chains"
Safe search off for best results
>>
>>1105038

Sure. Beware that you're going to kill the tree if you don't protect it. The force will crush the outer layer just under the bark, which is the only living part of the tree. Just have some heavy padding or a few 2x4 sections handy.
>>
Pulling a stuck truck generally doesn't require 16,000 pounds of hoist capacity. Unless your truck is an F-750 and you are trying to pull it straight up a cliff.
>>
>>1105237
Last time I stuck it, it was in a hole and bottomed out, it Weighs 5500 dry.

>>1105226
I usually use some 3/16ths amsteal coated in lubricant and wrapped around it a few times.
>>
Chains suck for recovery IRL which is why cable and Amsteel exist and almost no one uses chain falls.

You can find large chain falls used via Craigslist and liquidation auctions. I have a couple. I rarely use them and certainly wouldn't use them for truck recovery.

It's easy to store extra lengths of winch cable in small tires. I use Wyeth-Scott (sheet metal comealongs are self-destructing junk unless Tirfor etc made them) power pullers which come with a snatch block. I keep extra cable and snatch blocks and tree straps because I winch many things and move machinery often.

https://www.wyeth-scott.com/

Fuck chain. Really. If you want to succeed, copy success. Also study the US Army Rigging manual and the recovery forums on tow411.

There is a thing called a winch. I mount mine on a removable frame which drops onto my truck beds and put the control solenoids inside an ammo can mounted to the lid so I can lift out the whole electronic package without disturbing the winch, and operate without a pendant.

A chain fall is no substitute for an electric winch. You can get more amps to the winch with a second battery mounted near it. Many tow truck owners do that.

Use Ramsey commercial electric winches have the same parts as their beasty hydraulic and PTO models. The electric motors get kill by noobs and are affordable to replace. Do some winch homework. Some Harbor Freight winches are OK for casual use. Don't over heat electric winches and make your pulls easy with multiple snatch blocks if needed.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
5KB, 225x225px
Gin wheel.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (18KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
18KB, 225x225px
...or chain block.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.