[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"This product contains chemicals known to the state of California

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: cropped-webbanner2.jpg (76KB, 1200x250px) Image search: [Google]
cropped-webbanner2.jpg
76KB, 1200x250px
"This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer."

Is there anything that doesn't have this label? I'm glad California and Vermont have passed other laws to do things like bring the lead down in brass fittings to under .25% but even when the brass meets their own safety guidelines it still has this fucking label.

I actually care about my safety so I typically pay atention to this stuff but I now ignore this California mandated label because it is on fucking everything. It's pretty much just as bad as no label at all.

Do you pay attention to this label?
>>
>>1104952
Considering I saw a similar sign on the entry to a In&Out burger in Cali. Something about overcooked beef could cause cancer. probably not.
Hell, I'm amazed the warning signs don't have warning signs.
>>
>>1104952
afaik there are penalties for not having it if you're caught with a product that has those chemicals and there's no penalty for just sticking it on there just in case, so they just slap it on there
>>
>>1104954
They were talking about the cleaning products that are in use in the store, amigo. Its a blanket anti-lawyer bullshit thing everyone does now. Like how I saw a "choking hazard, small parts, not for children under three" warning on a dog bed that was literally a single piece of foam and a cover.
>>
>>1104981
Nope, not cleaning products. Specifically a warning about overcooked beef could cause cancer. I have a photo of that sign on my other potato.
>>
>>1104985
Well, if every single product containing suspected or known carcinogens must have that sticker, then you're going to have stickers on your food as well.
>>
>>1104987
I'm afraid that's coming next.
Plus a warning about the glue on stickers used to inform you of causes of potential cancer potentially can cause cancer.
>>
>>1104981
You've never torn foam, swallowed it, and gotten an intestinal blockage, have you?
>>
>>1104952
>Is there anything that doesn't have this label?

Everything I use and make.
>>
>>1105063
Just from looking around Home Depot for a few odds and ends recently that means you don't use any brass fittings or valves, metal washers, copper wire. Basically anything metal really that isn't a pure ingot.
>>
>>1105036
People do this?
Personally I leave the foam eating to the superworms.
>>
>>1104952
>Is there anything that doesn't have this label?

No. The list of cancer causing chemicals has grown so large over the years that it even includes coffee, in the "We havn't proven that it doesn't cause cancer" category.

Yes that's a thing.

Just ignore the label, unless it's on a chemical vat or something.
>>
love lead
makes soldering easier
makes machining nicer
magic metal
>>
>>1104954
Burnt carbon does cause cancer
Weird to pick that out of the bunch when talking about the health of a fast food burger place.
>>
>>1104952
If the retarded liberals had their way. There would be a warning sign on every outgoing side of every door leading to the outside. Warning you that according to the state of commieforina the sun causes cancer.
>>
>>1105258
It also makes rock music sound better. No joke.
>>
>>1104952
These things are now posted everywhere as a cover your ass policy. They don't necessarily indicate that anything is actually unsafe.

>Be working at a Trader Joe's in CA
>We put a sign next to imported balsamic vinegar section with one of these warnings, but for lead.
>Furious yuppie customers yell at me for "trying to sell us poison" etc.
> Do some research
> Turns out California Balsamic Vinegar Producers Association or whatever paid for a study "proving" that Italian vinegar had tiny tiny trace amount of lead in it.
> Then they created a PR campaign to convince people that Italian vinegar is lead juice and California vinegar is pure
> Now we have to post these dumb warning signs.
>>
Just don't put anything metal in your mouth and your probably fine
>>
>>1105197
>unless it's on a chemical vat or something.

This. Anything actually dangerous will have a proper hazmat label on it, with useful information. Everything else can be ignored.
>>
>>1105533

Well his boyfriends cock ring will get in the way of his cockgobbling.
>>
File: IMG_1786.jpg (246KB, 1200x1640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1786.jpg
246KB, 1200x1640px
>>1105533
I'm fucked then
>>
>>1104952
Prop 65 warnings are a joke. I've seen Prop 65's on firewood, knives, wine, and beef.

If you actually want to know how dangerous something is, read the MSDS.
>>
>>1105657
Out of curiousity, and part of my chemistry hobby, I've just been using google to look up MSDS pdf files. Is there a more direct way to look them up, like a repository or something?
>>
>>1105879
just get them from the major suppliers like sigma-aldrich or whoever
<Chem name Aldrich msds>
>>
>>1105273
>Burnt carbon

That's CO2. And its plant food.
>>
>>1105879
I have to look them up for work, you generally have to go to the website of the chemical supplier.
>>1105886
His google-fu is strong. It's amazing how many people are bad at internet searches.
>>
>>1104952
>Do you pay attention to this label?
No. By California testing guidelines, water may case cancer.
[Seriously, go research the testing guidelines. No biologist on earth considers them defensible, but hippies and no-GMOers don't care for no steenking science]
>>
>>1104954
>>
>>1104952
>>1106229
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.