[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone help to make a bldc like this ? I need to know, how I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: PA141536.jpg (615KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
PA141536.jpg
615KB, 1600x1066px
Anyone help to make a bldc like this ? I need to know, how I make the stator of the motor, cnc machine or anything else ? It gonna be 1kW but 48V or 96V ?
>>
No clue, but is it really worth the effort when you can bodge an electric bicycle hub engine into a different wheel?
>>
It is not only personal, for the university project
>>
I know how to make it, the stator must be made from thin laminations made from special metals. An even better option is special powdered metal that is sintered. They seem to sell blank blocks of the same material that can be machined. Standard ebike laminations wont be good enough.

You will need a custom motor controller but there's no need to buy the silly $10,000 solar car ones either, diy is possible.

Let me know if you want more detailed info.
>>
1kw (or 2x 500w) ebike wheels and motors are dirt cheap on aliexpress and ebay.

Very easy way to accomplish this.
>>
>>1104831
Maybe if you want 80% efficiency vs 95%. Chinese ebike motor will be instant loss.
>>
>>1104836

The winning teams have a decade worth of experience and iteration.

Your first motor likely won't be any better than the chink shit.
>>
Aliexpress has some cheap bldc motors

~$30-50/p
>>
File: solarbotics-regular-motor-2-B.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
solarbotics-regular-motor-2-B.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>1104583
>how to into my homework
people would respect you more if you just came out and posted the exact specifications of your project.

idk, make a complex geared system to tie about 2000 to 3000 of these together.

at this point you're basically fucked m8. if you dont know the basics, which is to hop on your lathe and precision mill out your hubs for your custom wheel, not to mention you havnt ever made a wheel before. haha you think i am being funny yes engineering, wheels and levers. making a light wheel is hard. try it. show us your prototype wheel without the motor first. then come bother us about motor windings and asking how to make your press fit motor.
>>
>>1104828
ok i know made from thin laminations but is it valid for inrunner motors ?
>>1104831
just one 1kW
>>1104903
i just talk about bldc motor wtf 2000 3000 piece ?
>>
>>1105355
>ok i know made from thin laminations but is it valid for inrunner motors ?
No, you want the largest outrunner possible. The larger the rotor the more torque you get for the same power input.

Why doesn't everything run on large diameter outrunners? A large diameter out runner will have a large amount of pole pairs, This means even as the wheel turns slowly the electrical RPM will be very high. Because the stator does not magnetize and demagnitize instantly above certain ERPM it can no longer switch on and off quickly enough. The energy ends up being turned into heat and the motor overheats and operates with terrible efficiency once over its ERPM limit.

To solve this you can either move to motors with no iron in their stator or use newer stator materials that offer better performance at high switching speeds. The high end stator materials actually have low flux saturation levels to over come that you must use a motor topology that suits it like large diameter out runners.
http://www.arnoldmagnetics.com/en-us/Products/Arnon-Electrical-Steel
Is good for traditional lamination type stators
https://www.hoganas.com/en/business-areas/soft-magnetic-composites/
The next level up, sintered composite stator parts. They do sell blocks you can machine down for prototypes.

How many people does your team have? What sort of budget?
>>
>>1105383
>>1104583
How many of you lot am I gonna see at WSC 2017?
Anyone else get fucked over by the reduction in allowed panel area?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.