[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This might belong in /mu/ or /g/ but I recently came into possession

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: lrc-60.png (241KB, 468x667px) Image search: [Google]
lrc-60.png
241KB, 468x667px
This might belong in /mu/ or /g/ but I recently came into possession of a 1968 Lafayette LRC-60T turntable that I was told would need new fuses. Trouble is I can't find any information on this thing, even reproductions of the manual are unavailable in digital scans and sold out of physical copies. From what I've gathered the manufacturer is still around but its stores were eaten up by radioshack and circuit city and the like in the 90s and so there doesn't seem to be any way to contact them. Does anyone have any idea what sort of fuses this thing would take, where I could find suitable replacements, or how to get in touch with Lafayette Radio Electronics or have one of their manuals laying around? Maybe with an 800 number? Pic related is the most I've been able to dig up on this thing, from an old electronics catalogue archived by google.
>>
Have you tried opening it up and seeing if the old "fuses" are still in it ?
>>
>>1104296
>how to get in touch with Lafayette Radio Electronics
ouija board, maybe? - they been dead near forty years. The current (2003) incarnation (if it still exists) has as much to do with the original co. as those folks flogging cheap chinese crap under the 'Polaroid' name, or 'Sony' batteries have to do with Sony, namely, fuck all.

But, I digress - open it up, take pictures if needed, report back. $200 was a shitload in 68, dont even get speakers, the cheap mofos.
>>
File: Pic-12262016-002.jpg (364KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Pic-12262016-002.jpg
364KB, 1200x1600px
>>1104311
Well I'm no electrical engineer but this thing looks like a bitch and a half. The only removable piece was the bottom plate, which reveals some groovy, organically flowing circuit wafer with generous soldering secured to this secondary spacer plate by an equally generous number of screws, which also serves as a cable guide and apparent ground (there's an unsheathed wire soldered directly from the underside of the circuit board to a washer on the screw directly beneath the blue-ish accumulator in the center right cutout).

The underside of the bottom plate did have this helpful diagram on its interior, but doesn't have anything that I can readily identify as a fuse (image to come).
>>
File: Pic-12262016-003.jpg (255KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Pic-12262016-003.jpg
255KB, 1600x1200px
>>1104346
Apologies for the shitty auto focus but I think this is the best I can get it. All markings are clearly legible on the actual label.
>>
>>1104348
Use the macro setting on your camera, enable the flash and put it on a tripod, if you have one.
>>
File: Pic-12262016-004.jpg (171KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Pic-12262016-004.jpg
171KB, 1600x1200px
>>1104348
aaaaaaaaaaand halfway through planning how to dissect this beast I notice the obvious knobs labelled 'FUSE' on the back panel that I somehow managed to overlook. All three were empty, but apparently I just need two 2 amp fuses and one 3/4 A. Mystery solved, thanks ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>1104352
How did you manage to survive this long being this dense?
>>
>>1104375
To be honest, fuse holder like that vanished long long ago. Even my older electronics around here lack externally accessible fuses.
OP was honest.
>>
>>1104346
>>1104348
Probably wouldn't hurt to keep digging through the innards if you feel up to it. That old, I'm willing to bet you're going to need to replace the drive belt(s).
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.