[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, tell me how badly I did /diy/ Roomate is car inept.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Alright, tell me how badly I did /diy/

Roomate is car inept. He put 4 liters of oil into his vehicle flooding the engine.
His oil nut is too tight to remove with the tools I gave him. And he's too cheap to bring it to a shop.

Cut off the end of a 10 foot USB cable, wired it to a pump, and am using a USB battery pack to power it. It's taking oil from the dipstick location and pumping it back into the oil container

It's suprising me because
1. It's a 12V motor and only a 5v power pack. I mean it's not going super fast but it's working. It has to pull all the way up from the dipstick into the bottle.

2. Did not think the motor would pull enough power to start the power bank. I could have sworn I tried that before and it didn't work. Shitty wiring experience back then probably. Shittier than this one.

3. How fucked is that motor? Or is the oil not actually bad for it to run though?
What liquid should I run through it to clean the oil?
>>
If it works, you did well because you solved the fucking problem!

Success is more about victory and less about how you win. I like improvisation.

You could clean out the oil by soaking in Pine-Sol. I use it to clean carbs. Do not dilute it, and just recirculate the Pine-Sol through the pump. Finish with hot water to flush the Pine-Sol.

I've wrenched everything from jet fighters to lawn mowers. You did well in proper low-budget /diy/ spirit. I have mongoloid friends too but their computers and vehicles pose amusing challenges.
>>
>>1103787
>a 4.0 straight six
Can't kill it etc
The smart thing to do would be to leave the extra oil in, it'll just pour out of the front and rear main seals like every other jeep.
>>
>>1103800
checked, and yes. JEEPs just mark their spot.
4.0l I6 takes 6qts (including the oil filter capacity).
Nice idea there. I have a vac system (uses compressed air) to empty fluids.
Best to get a new oil pan bolt and have someone rip out the old one. I find that usually happens when you take a car to places like JiffyLube. watched them use a fucking impact wrench on an oil pan bolt..
>>
>It's a 12V motor and only a 5v power pack.

what the hell, dude. you forgot the car has a 12V battery in it?
>>
>>1103833
so much this.
>>
File: 1479153751521.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479153751521.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
>>1103796
It worked. Sucked out 4L in a little over an hour.

>>1103828
Thank you for that info!

>>1103833
Nigga I'm a beginner at best to this I was not about to jack into a fuckin' car battery I did not care that much.
But for future reference how safe+easy is it?
>>
>>1103860
Pretty safe. They sell dc pumps and lights that clip onto your battery with jumper wire clips.

Could do with an appropriate fuse in line, and remember negative doesnt go to the battery, it goes to chassis.
>>
>>1103833
That's what I was thinking. In my truck I have a 12v heater that hangs, and a light.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.