[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here scratch build model kits (or at least embellish/kitbash?)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 34303[1].jpg (439KB, 770x1027px) Image search: [Google]
34303[1].jpg
439KB, 770x1027px
Anyone here scratch build model kits (or at least embellish/kitbash?) How do you store all of your small miscellaneous bits and pieces? I have so many little things that I think just look like they'd be a cool addition to one of my kits, but they all end up getting thrown into a box all mixed together and it's pretty difficult to sort. I'm not really asking for any miracle way to organize this, just curious how you all deal with the same problem.
>>
Plano and Flambeau clear, flat plastic fishing tackle boxes from Walmart are made in USA, cheap, and keep my motorcycle parts and Dremel bits sorted. Their dividers are removable.

You will like them. Everyone I turn on to them is pleased. I keep them handy when tearing down anything because they are superb for sorting bolts and nuts vs throwing shit into a coffee can.

My modellerbro loves his.
>>
>>1103801
This and I also use old medicine bottles for bit that I have a lot of.
>>
>>1103779
I did some, when I was in school, dont have any fotos on me right now tho...
I didnt really sort them or anything. I just had a box full of misc parts. It made the whole thing even more fun imo. The adventure of looking for parts!
>>
Make them yourself out of grayboard
>>
>>1103779
>>/toy/
>>
>>1103857
Why are you so bothered? It's a thread about a specific part of the process of making things, not about what the end product is. Merry Christmas
>>
>>1103895
i was actually trying to be helpful because toy has other people who use that stuff all the time so they might have better ideas on makeing things easy. Merry Christmas
>>
>>1103779
I use ziplock baggies in boxes on a shelf. You can label the bags with tape and flip through the box like a file cabinet pulling what you need. I also use clothespins screwed to the wall behind my bench to hang the bags im using. Keeps the workspace clear while letting you glare at the whole operation (important part of kit bashing).
>>
>>1104134
Shit man those are some really solid ideas. Thanks.
>>
>>1104206
Merry Christmas!
>>
>>1104231
Merry Christmas to you too!
>>
>>1104134
Get one of those mini portable plastic heat sealers of ebay and you can make custom sized bags out of big ones
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.