[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a strong glue that comes off eventually with warm/hot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Gorilla Super Glue Bottle.jpg (1MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Gorilla Super Glue Bottle.jpg
1MB, 3000x3000px
Is there a strong glue that comes off eventually with warm/hot water? Pic related says it can bond wood, plastic and metal but it comes off with exposure to 200+ degrees F or warm water.
>>
>>1101714
Most glues have a heat limit, where they'll chemically fail after a certain temperature. I'm sure many glues will come off with hot enough water, but it'd be the heat, not the water.
>>
>>1101721
This glues site, about water resistance says it comes off easily with the enzymes in saliva or war water, not hot though.
>>
>>1101723
"War water" seems like it'd be hard to come by.
What application do you have for a water soluble adhesive?
>>
>>1101726
Gluing a plastic object to the back of my hand.
>>
>>1101730
kek, now I want to know more.
I would do a glue like what you found. Any glue that you'd find specifically for skin would usually be for wounds.
>>
>>1101714
silicones are the only easily obtainable sure bet I've found.
>>
>>1101735
wait, *does* come off in warm water or *does not* come off in warm water?
>>
>>1101736
does
>>
>>1101738
"all of them" except maybe silicone.
how eventually is eventually?
>>
>>1101742
But which is the strongest? Are there better glues than gorilla superglue?
>how eventually is eventually?
10 hours.
>>
File: PCR12.jpg (43KB, 346x591px) Image search: [Google]
PCR12.jpg
43KB, 346x591px
>>1101745
2 part epoxy resin might work unless you have sensitive skin in which case i wouldn't try it.

a product i use for R/C servo mounting is "zap a gap a goo 2" THE best silicone based adhesive i've ever used, you put a fine layer on each face you want to glue, let it set then apply more to one surface, squeeze both together and once set it extremely strong whilst retaing flexability.
>>
What are you attaching? Will something actually designed for skin contact like spirit gum work? Because 200°f water is almost boiling and that fuckin hurts, especially if you're doing it repeatedly or over a larger area
>>
>>1101752
I think spirit gum is too weak. It has to support at a 5 pound object
>>
>>1101767
Wear gloves and attach whatever faggot cosplay shit you are doing to them.

The only glue strong enough is going to leave chemical burns on your hands.
>>
>>1101771
3 pounds?
>>
>>1101777
Youll be lucky to find something to hold even 8 ounces.

Skin is very oily and extremely hard to adhere to, so the stuff that is strong enough can be nasty. Especially if you want to let it sit and fester for 10 hours.
>>
>>1101784
Super glue really can barely hold 8 ounces?

Would it be sturdy at 5 ounces?
>>
>>1101793
All Cyanoacrylates super glues are about the same, and they all are shit.
But hey its cheap, go buy some and try it out.

I never actually found a good use for the stuff
>>
File: RESINEPOXYNO1PK-2.jpg (188KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
RESINEPOXYNO1PK-2.jpg
188KB, 500x500px
>>1101748
> 2 part epoxy resin
> on bare skin
Aghr...
epoxy resins are corrosive (or at least the hardener part). Just don't.

>>1101752
> 5 pound object
> hand
5lb = 2.268kg
plus dynamic forces
that's going to rip your skin off when you wave your hand around.

Cyanoacrylate glue will sustain that, but it won't come off. Same holds for polyurethane. Both are nasty to skin.

>>1101745
> 10 hours.
10 hours of sweating... your sweat will remove any water-removable glue.

Did you think of just using a duct tape? E.g., use duct tape around your hand to fasten a metal plate and use a strong magnet to hold whatever you need. You can replace the duct tape with a bandage tape or some similar medical supply, so it'll stay comfortable.
>>
File: 11508.jpg (9KB, 321x240px) Image search: [Google]
11508.jpg
9KB, 321x240px
Oh, it seems to be called "surgical tape" in english. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surgical_tape)
>>
super glue would come off "eventually" as you shed and grew new skin cells
>>
>>1101812
super glue is also very slightly water soluble. it does dissolve eventually.
>>
>>1101862
how quick is "eventually"
>>
>>1101870
depends on the exact formulation. In complete immersion, joints fail in as little as hours, as much as months. It crumbles before it dissolves completely.
>>
>>1101796
They are the best option when you need to stitch a cut shut. Better than sutures.

>not even trollan
>>
>>1101888
Check haemostatic bandage.
celox, quikclot, etc.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.