[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/, So im a poorfag who got his cousin a guitar for christmas.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 20161219_190650.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161219_190650.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
Hey /diy/,
So im a poorfag who got his cousin a guitar for christmas. Since i couldn't afford a nice one, so i got him a squire. I would like to remove the logo (pic related). I have little to no knowledge of woodworking. I am not sure which finish the guitar uses, if it even has one. I would like to remove the logo and replace it with a decal. How would i got about doing this?
>>
File: Nothing a bullet cannon cure.png (3KB, 111x90px) Image search: [Google]
Nothing a bullet cannon cure.png
3KB, 111x90px
OP here, this is the decal i would like to put.
>>
Just use a grinder to take it off.
>>
>>1101414
Wouldn't that ruin it? I don't have access to a grinder.
>>
seems like it would be more work than it's worth
>>
>>1101416
No, it wouldn't, you would need to hold it on for quite some time to do any significant damage.

When you use them on metal, it simply takes the paint off, it doesn't do anything to the actual metal.
>>
>>1101411
Honestly you're just ruining the resale value by doing this. If he wants to remove the logo let him do it. There's seriously nothing wrong with Squire Strats, they're some of the best cheap guitars you can buy. If your cousin really wants to learn guitar you made a great purchase.
>>
>>1101411
the basic tier way to do this would but steel wool.
IF it's a shit tier guitar, they finished first and then painted second, in which case it will lift right off.
More likely, they used a slightly better finish that would go over the paint, and you'll need to get through the finish to scour off the paint.

Afterwards, you'll have a bare wood spot where you scrubbed off the finish. there is not an easy way to match the finish, so you will almost certainly have a dull/off color patch there.

Only other suggestion is to design a white on black logo, so you cover the Squire logo with black paint, then a white logo/decal/stencil over the black shape will look nice possibly.
>>
>>1101495
>>1101413
So flip the colors on this decal, put the words next to the image instead of below, and I think that could work.
>>
>>1101411
There is a squier logo on the neck plate, you wont convince anyone that its not a squier without replacing that too.

I took a fender logo off with 1000 grit sandpaper, but you can still sort of see it in the right light where it used to be
>>
>>1101411
You think you are going to fool someone by putting a Fender sticker on there? It won't work.
>>
>>1101488
This. A squire was my first guitar and it was beautiful. A few years ago all of my guitars got stolen and the only one I wish I still had was my squire. Mostly for centimental reasons but it also sounded really cool and had the most character since I wasn't as careful about not bumping and throwing it around a bit. Also I've heard they can sound pretty excellent with some aftermarket pickups.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.