[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a window unit AC that I'm wanting to turn on via

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: large02[1].jpg (57KB, 750x480px) Image search: [Google]
large02[1].jpg
57KB, 750x480px
I have a window unit AC that I'm wanting to turn on via wifi outlet. It's one of the newer style though so it doesn't have knobs that can be left in the on position. Is there anyway to make it go automatically on so you don't have to push the button?
>>
>>1101374

I'm a really smart guy. But I didn't learn the same way as normal people, normal people don't even know how to teach a kid that's smart as shit. They thought I was slow because I hated all their stupid worksheets and long solutions to simple math but I seemed really smart, so they put me in advanced classes. I ate that shit up like manna from heaven. And then I breezed through my normal schoolwork as well because I felt like they acknowledged my intelligence by giving me harder more interesting problems. Some kids just fall out of love with school, get bored and don't pay attention. Like literally to the point that I had a teacher that was so stupid I mentally blurred out pretty much everything she said with "bla, bla, bla..." This woman told me in third grade I was ignorant to have accidentally written 4 - 12 on the board(during a speed exercise, I was doing 5 simple problems during a set timeframe) because "everyone knows in subtraction the big number goes on top." Whole class chuckling at me a little. I say how is that true, what about negative numbers? 4 -12 is -8!!!! She says "there's no such thing as negative numbers".... I shit you not. Class laughs at me, haha Chris thinks there's "negative numbers" whatever that means haha!
>>
>>1101390
yea me too
>>
The unit must be programmed to start on power fail If it's not, you are SOoL.

Meaining when you cut power to the device via wifi, it would realize it was a power fail and wait for power to be applied again and re-start to last known state.

It's usually a feature that is needed - like on servers and new computers for instance.
>>
File: dafuq.jpg (56KB, 552x552px) Image search: [Google]
dafuq.jpg
56KB, 552x552px
>>1101432

>auto start on power fail
>confusing an air conditioner with a computer
>>
>>1101374
find a wifi to IR dongle and point it at it.

tada
>>
>>1101820
wow thanks, I had no idea such a device existed
>>
>>1101819
wot es sayin, OP is trying to switch the thing remotely, however, remote power cycling, via whatever method, may not be a fuck worth if the device additionaly requires a control panel button press to restart. And that all seems fairly straightforward and valid to me, when not the entire crux of the matter of hand, tbqfh.
>>
>>1101374
Why didnt you buy an ac that has a controller most do
>>
>>1102036
Don't fall for this guy's fucking Jewish tricks. Just about every AC salesman ropes you in with the whole 'wifi compatible' meme. Then you get stung for a 400 dollar bill for a little fucking chip, because it's never included in the price but they make out like it is.

I fucking hate salesman.
>>
>>1101374
If you want to go ghetto on it, we can certainly tell you how to build a linear actuator that will get power (at the same time as the ac), wait for three seconds, then push a button for you. Actually not that hard, and doesn't even require an arduino. tqbfh.
>>
File: Timer.jpg (60KB, 500x907px) Image search: [Google]
Timer.jpg
60KB, 500x907px
>>1101374
What are you trying to achieve OP?

Do you want to turn the unit on at any point while you're out to cool your house so when you get back its chill af?

Or is it a case of "i want it to turn on so when i get home from work its a good temp"?

Cause you could try a timer?? :)
>>
>>1102049
>Cause you could try a timer?? :)
and you could try reading comprehension. The issue is, whether the AC unit will switch on when power is applied, or whether you need to apply power, then press a contorl panel button (because, technology - makes your timer idea useless) or whether its indeed got remote socket/input you could probably fuxor something to.

As usual, OP fails to supply useful information like model/number/which planet he's on, so, its all argument guesswork, whether and what might work.
>>
http://m.gearbest.com/living-appliances/pp_357329.html?currency=USD&lkid=10134263&gclid=Cj0KEQiAyuPCBRCimuayhb3qqvwBEiQAgz62kcBAqPQ1y19T3pQR87lvvhN6Mcul5-7VPmZTUGFS9vUaAv8A8P8HAQ

Im assuming you have a smartphone. Thank me later.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.